Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2014, 06:23 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

The jew believed it was salvation from their enemies( not understanding who their enemy is) and the christian believes it from hell( not understanding it is from the hell he creates)

Old 04-26-2014, 07:47 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The jew believed it was salvation from their enemies( not understanding who their enemy is) and the christian believes it from hell( not understanding it is from the hell he creates)

(Rep worthy, but unable to, as usual.)

Old 04-26-2014, 07:48 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 830,425 times
Salvation is an act of God, to be born from above. No one can save himself or another person. We cannot be saved by keeping the law or by sprinkling some water on a baby, that are rituals. Salvation comes to us by faith in Jesus Christ alone, a spiritual transformation from the spiritual darkness of an unbeliever to the kingdom of light. The light we receive is called being born again, it is the presents of the Holy Spirit in us. This can be a process or happen in an instance, when we receive Jesus. By grace alone means we see ourselves as sinners and receive God's forgiveness, Jesus has provided for us at the cross. By receiving Jesus we believe that He is risen and will work in us the good work, God has for us from the foundation of this world. To be born again is the beginning, a spiritual baby is born, now it has to grow and become mature. As in the natural, so in the spiritual there are dangers and we need a relationship with Jesus, to remain in Him, because He is the eternal life. He will not leave nor forsake us, but we can walk away or fall away and if we not turn back to God in repentance we are lost. Who endures to the end of his life is saved for all eternity, because the second death has no power over him. This life is the dressing room for eternity, where we will spend eternity, the overcomers can be for ever in the glory of God. It is worth to walk the narrow way, in the light and love of God and keep His (Jesus) commandments and work out our salvation with fear and trembling. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Be filled with the Holy Spirit and the love of God, sacrifice your bodies on the altar and change your mind of this world to the mind of Christ. If someone is on the broad way (Hollywood), which is the way of destruction, repent and walk the narrow way. God bless!

Old 04-26-2014, 08:20 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
The believer cannot lose or walk away from his eternal salvation. As a reminder, I invite anyone who cares to do so, to avail themselves of the doctrinal study of salvation which has been provided in the original post.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:32 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
Mystic - You apparently agree with denominations which say that every believer is indwelt by the Holy Spirit.]
I think he is saying everyone, believer and unbeliever, is indwelt by the Spirit.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:34 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think he is saying everyone, believer and unbeliever, is indwelt by the Spirit.
Can you explain technically how the Holy Spirit actually got inside of you from being outside of you ?. How did he break through your flesh and blood exterior ?

Old 04-26-2014, 09:14 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,989,875 times
Originally Posted by MysticPhD

Quote:
Christ's simple Gospel of love.
Christ's gospel was not simple and it wasn't a gospel of love. His gospel [good news] is the good news that those who * believe of/in His atoning work on the cross, would enter in/be partakers of God's kingdom.
Mt 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Mt 9:35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.

Mt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mr 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

Mt 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mt 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croref View Post
No, no, Mystic, We have everything to do with our salvation __following Jesus is the main one! Redemption is what you are speaking of because the cross of Jesus worked that all out for us by His physical death. NOW it is up to us, who claim His Name, to work it out in our spiritual life __but set apart unto God as His was can be the only way. . . .
this ^^^^
Php 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Mr 13:34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

Mt 25:26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

Mt 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth
And notice the first thing Christ said, "Repent." That's the hard part. So you see it's not all about love. We have to do our part.

*The word 'believe' is an action word, it's a verb. It means to follow, take as a model, have confidence in, trust, etc etc.

These are all action words too. You are leading ppl astray. Trying to make things too easy.
1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
It takes 'action' on our part.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:37 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,989,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
As Jesus Himself said, and which I have repeatedly stated on other threads is that Jesus said that there was one work of God and that was to believe on Him, in contrast with the works which the crowd to whom He spoke believed they needed to do in order to be saved. This is covered in John 6:27-29. The singular 'work' of believing on Christ is non-meritorious in contrast with any meritorious work man can do.

Salvation is by grace though faith AND NOT BY WORKS, so that no man can boast, as stated in Ephesians 2:8-9. And which Jesus made clear in John 6:27-29.

Quote:
I have repeatedly stated on other threads is that Jesus said that there was one work of God and that was to believe on Him,
This is one of the reasons I do not agree with much or anything you teach. The word believe is a verb, an action word. To believe on Him is not a one time deal!! It's a continuous action. We daily follow, believe, trust in, have confidence in, etc. [all definitions of the word believe BTW].

Any one can say I BELIEVE, even the demons say that. It takes 'work' to continue in belief. Work and study. One of the first works we have to do is to ask Christ to increase [in our lives] and for 'self' to decrease.

You are making it too easy. I call what you profess, "easy believism."

Old 04-26-2014, 09:58 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
This is one of the reasons I do not agree with much or anything you teach. The word believe is a verb, an action word. To believe on Him is not a one time deal!! It's a continuous action. We daily follow, believe, trust in, have confidence in, etc. [all definitions of the word believe BTW].

Any one can say I BELIEVE, even the demons say that. It takes 'work' to continue in belief. Work and study. One of the first works we have to do is to ask Christ to increase [in our lives] and for 'self' to decrease.

You are making it too easy. I call what you profess, "easy believism."
Your disagreement does not alter the fact that the moment a person first believes on Christ he is eternally saved. You fail, as do many, to distinguish between eternal salvation by grace through faith and not by works (Eph. 2:8-9), and the spiritual growth of the believer after having been saved (2 Peter 3:18). They are two different issues.

Jesus did not die for the fallen angels. He died for fallen mankind so that anyone who simply believes that He died for their sins and rose again has eternal life regardless of the condition of his spiritual life after having believed.

I didn't make eternal salvation easy. God made it easy for us because He did everything necessary to make salvation possible. Eternal life is a free gift which is received by grace through faith alone in Christ Jesus. And once having received eternal life it cannot be taken away for any reason.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:11 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 830,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Can you explain technically how the Holy Spirit actually got inside of you from being outside of you ?. How did he break through your flesh and blood exterior ?
A spirit is not material, but spiritual, there is a material world and a spiritual world, we cannot see. But God or the devil can open this world, so we can see with our spiritual eyes. The natural mind calls this hallucinations. But there are visions of God, they are supernatural, they can be clear as a film and are not a dream at night. There is the Spirit of God and Christ, which is the same Holy Spirit, Jesus says He and the Father will dwell in a believer, that is through the Holy Spirit. There are demons which are spirits, belonging to the kingdom of darkness, that can also enter a person. The Gadarener had a legion of spirits in Him, Jesus cast out into the swine. Spirits have no problem to go through flesh and dwell in a body. Spirits need a body to do something here on earth, be it good or bad. A lying spirit needs a tongue to lie, for instance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity