U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-29-2014, 10:34 PM

2,226 posts, read 807,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorDan01 View Post
So you don't think the temple described in Ezekiel 40-46 is the Third Temple? It seems amazingly detailed to be a metaphor. Just curious...I admit I don't know as much about end-time prophecy as I should. ��
- The Temple described to God's Prophet Ezekiel
was what Israel Could Have Had:
"IF They Are Ashamed Of All They Have Done" - Ez.43:11
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 10:40 PM

439 posts, read 112,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
- Just happen to catch Mr. Baxter on TBN this week.

They were having a debate over whether what he said was truly Bible Prophecy or not.
As Mr. Baxter said that the 7 years of Tribulation was starting in 37 Days!
With a signing of some peace treaty in the middle east.
Others on there was refuting what he said. It was a pretty interesting show.
If you're referring to the one I think, then I'll tell you it was set up that way. Irvin Baxter has been on iTBN for yeeears!!! He knows everyone there, including the guy that was hassling him. He did it for a reason. The guy hassling Irvin made the claim that Irvin said the final 7 years WILL begin on April 29th. Irvin Baxter has never uttered those words or made any predictions. The guy hassling him knew that. But he kept poking at him on other issues too, for a reason. By the time you get to the end you will see how it all unfolds. I haven't watched it but Irvin Baxter was giving the "run down" of the show on his broadcast the other day. I can send you the link to confirm that everything was set up to look like it was heated until the end of the tv show. I don't know why the guy decided to do that. I'm sure ratings had a little to do with it. AFTER ALL... You had your teeth sunk in.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:16 PM

6,156 posts, read 4,710,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniPearl View Post
I'm speechless right now... And sick to my stomach... I really don't know what to say.

Now I can see why the true saints of God will be persecuted. Those who do not "unite" themselves with the Roman Catholic Church (Mystery Babylon, the harlot) will suffer the consequences because they will be perceived as not following Christ. The false prophet has already claimed to have the spirit of Elijah that is given to the two witnesses in Rev 11 and he twisted the word of God for the one world religion agenda. Being united as one in Christ does not translate into: every doctrine should unite as one and "let God sort it all out upstairs." That's not unity. To be unified in Christ we need to be like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. This is so disturbing!!!
What disturbing is that Christians fall for this bunk. Please Juni, and the rest of you. Wise up to these guys. There will be NO RAPTURE OR 7 YEAR TRIBULATION OR TWO WITNESSES or any of that nonsense. I've been buying into this stuff since 1970 when I was a young, wet-behind-the-ears new Christian convert myself and following all the Hal Lindsey Late Great Planet Earth diatribe until I wised up around 2008 and realized these guys were just stealing my money promoting this stuff. Are you aware that EVERYTHING Hal Lindsey said in LGPE is obsolete. NOTHING panned out like he said it would. Course that didn't matter to Lindsey. He made about 2 million $$$'s to pay alimony to his four--count 'em--FOUR ex-wives. So much for these guys honoring Christian morals by staying faithful to one woman.

EVERY 10 years or so depending on the headlines these prophecy writers change their stories all around to fit the current world events but nothing ever happens nor will it ever happen. 50 years down the road when I'm dead and you youngsters are my age you will be saying, "Wow, sure wish I'd listened to that Thrillobyte guy. He was sooooooooo right. The rapture never came. The tribulation never came. The antichrist never came. It was all just fairy tales."

Old 03-30-2014, 04:54 AM

15,498 posts, read 7,275,875 times
I have to agree with Thrillobyte. All my life there have been end of world or Last day claims and not one of them have panned out. I know it is a temptation to to say: 'Yes - but this time...' but I would risk my entire fortune on April, June, September and the start of 2015 passing by with the world rumbling on as usual.

Juni..if that transpires to be the case, will you just vanish or will you be able to say 'I was wrong. I was wrong to buy into a plausible looking last-days claim. I am wiser now.' and carry on posting here, having learned something?

Old 03-31-2014, 11:41 PM

439 posts, read 112,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
What disturbing is that Christians fall for this bunk. Please Juni, and the rest of you. Wise up to these guys. There will be NO RAPTURE OR 7 YEAR TRIBULATION OR TWO WITNESSES or any of that nonsense. I've been buying into this stuff since 1970 when I was a young, wet-behind-the-ears new Christian convert myself and following all the Hal Lindsey Late Great Planet Earth diatribe until I wised up around 2008 and realized these guys were just stealing my money promoting this stuff. Are you aware that EVERYTHING Hal Lindsey said in LGPE is obsolete. NOTHING panned out like he said it would. Course that didn't matter to Lindsey. He made about 2 million $$$'s to pay alimony to his four--count 'em--FOUR ex-wives. So much for these guys honoring Christian morals by staying faithful to one woman.

EVERY 10 years or so depending on the headlines these prophecy writers change their stories all around to fit the current world events but nothing ever happens nor will it ever happen. 50 years down the road when I'm dead and you youngsters are my age you will be saying, "Wow, sure wish I'd listened to that Thrillobyte guy. He was sooooooooo right. The rapture never came. The tribulation never came. The antichrist never came. It was all just fairy tales."
I don't know who Hal Lindsey is. Here's what I know... The person I get my information from has NEVER foretold a date or time. He has ONLY given Bible prophecy. He has even debunked many people who say the end of the world is coming by using scripture, not his "theories" (which comes from the Bible). Irvin Baxter NEVER EVER EVER said the final 7 years will start on April 29th or ANY other date. What he DID state was, the peace agreement would have to include two Biblical key elements in order to mark the final 7 years:
  1. The establishment of a two-state solution, which would set the final borders of Israel and place the West Bank settlers under the rule of the Palestinians.
  2. Place the Temple Mount under an internationally supervised sharing arrangement allowing Israel to build the Third Temple.
Furthermore, I have not given Irvin Baxter any money. Not one dime. Not one purchase. I have followed him for quite some time and have been able to access his Bible prophecy lessons, books, magazines, etc. without paying for them. He does not try and take your money for the sake of profit. He does ask for donations that go for causes that we actually see manifest. Such as the prophecy college in Jerusalem, and as of late, he's been pushing to meet his goal to raise money for a magazine to go to every home in Israel once the peace agreement has been confirmed. All donations are tax deductible and he has never pocketed from the donations. He's not even rich like most people think. Also, he has a burning passion for the Jewish people. Everything he does is for the chosen people. As of right now, he has been the ONE AND ONLY person who has taken the name of Jesus to Israel. No one else has made any efforts in warning the Jews. If these so-called "prophetic people" were as awesome as they claim to be when they state the end of the world is coming, why haven't they reached out to Israel? Seems like they just want your $$$. Irvin Baxter has spent MILLIONS, using his profit from sales and by donations, to reach the Jewish people. Does that sound like a selfish, greedy person to you? If you knew you could make some major $$$ through sales, would you give it all away for the sake of reaching the lost?? I don't know of very many people who would. He doesn't teach strictly on Bible prophecy either. So I follow him for many other reasons. Including the fact that I know him. I would NEVER blindly follow someone unless I knew their character AND their Biblical views. Like I said, he has never come up with wild claims about anything. If it contradicts the word of God he doesn't teach it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I have to agree with Thrillobyte. All my life there have been end of world or Last day claims and not one of them have panned out. I know it is a temptation to to say: 'Yes - but this time...' but I would risk my entire fortune on April, June, September and the start of 2015 passing by with the world rumbling on as usual.

Juni..if that transpires to be the case, will you just vanish or will you be able to say 'I was wrong. I was wrong to buy into a plausible looking last-days claim. I am wiser now.' and carry on posting here, having learned something?
The starting of 2015 it will be the world as usual??? Can you define "world as usual?" Because from what I'm seeing, it's anything BUT usual!!!! Goodness gracious, have you not been keeping up with the news around the world? Have you not noticed the new alliances between nations? Countries taking over, climate control propaganda to take over the world, major economic collapse, MILLIONS of aborted babies, a one world religious system forming by Pope Francis, slaughtering of Christians, thousands of people being tortured and killed by rebels everyday, increase of nuclear war threats, civil unrest, civil rights being taken away, communistic uprising in the USA, national security propaganda, world-wide surveillance, trans-humanism, spy chips in medication, mind reading technology, invisible cloak technology, contaminated water supply, poison in our food, weather warfare... Should I keep going? It's not business as usual. Too many people trying to play God. There's only enough room for one!!! This house of cards is going to come toppling down at any moment. Take the "prophetic people" out of the equation. Do you know what my spirit is saying? Can you not sense things moving in the spirit realm? It's very unnerving at times. I don't need a prophet to tell me when the end of the world is coming, I already know! And I know how to read a Bible, I'm smart like that. I can think for myself.

Like I stated above, April 29th was NEVER foretold to be the start of the final 7 years. Everything hinges on what the agreement contains. Go back through my posts, I never made any claims that April 29th was the beginning of the final 7 years. It WILL be the date IF the agreement is signed with the two key elements. So, to answer your question... YES, I will be just fine when the date rolls around. I have no reason to hide because I never misled anyone. If someone misinterpreted me, that's not my fault. Doesn't matter what the date is, SOMETHING is going to happen soon! Just so we're clear... I don't believe in a pre-trib rapture and I don't believe in a 7 year tribulation. Neither one of those have one scripture to show as evidence. So we will be here after April 29th regardless of the peace agreement.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:11 AM

1,901 posts, read 614,138 times
Irvin is ok but he is completely WRONG when it comes to the supposed rapture. Christians are going to live through the supposed tribulation. The reason I say supposed is because people plucked 7 years out of a prophecy and there is not a separate 7 years at all. It is a continuum and will continue until the return of Jesus, which is when the first resurrection will happen and when those who in Christ will be with Him forever.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:44 AM

318 posts, read 79,989 times
Dates are fine especially when "listening" to scripture ,using the sequence of 7 (God's favorite number). We are closing
in on the last of 7 church ages (God where are you hellllooooo's?) This is the generation of Malachi's prophecy (Last
Pope ) why a last Pope ? I won't say helllooooo here. The Harbingers have been drenched in 7's seculars are so clue-
less about 2001 9/11, 2008 financial crisis and now showing the next 7 2015 Blood Moons and the next harbinger!
This is soooooo cool ! And if you don't get this I seriously feel sorry for you . As for the thief in the night as believers
we are given insight to at least the season. The thief in the night is a surprise for seculars not Christians. I need to
dissect the post with all her dates as its too complicated but on my first read no surprises . The "events" that are
triggers to fulfillment of prophecy can be distorted but not necessarily. My suggestion to those who THINK too much
and exist on philosophies albeit their wisdom like none other just get prepared . Things start getting interesting between
2014 and 2015

Old 04-01-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
I don't know who Hal Lindsey is.
Hal Lindsey wrote "Late, Great Planet Earth", the biggest non-fiction selling book of the entire 20th century (100 years) at 35 millions copies sold; a Bible prophecy book that foretold antichrist ruling over a 10-nation confederacy of European nations (ten toes of Daniel's dream, remember? ) under the label, European Union, which is now at about 28 member countries. So much for Daniel's ten toes having anything to do with antichrist ruling the world ala Revelation.

Quote:
The starting of 2015 it will be the world as usual??? Can you define "world as usual?" Because from what I'm seeing, it's anything BUT usual!!!! Goodness gracious, have you not been keeping up with the news around the world? Have you not noticed the new alliances between nations? Countries taking over, climate control propaganda to take over the world, major economic collapse, MILLIONS of aborted babies, a one world religious system forming by Pope Francis, slaughtering of Christians, thousands of people being tortured and killed by rebels everyday, increase of nuclear war threats, civil unrest, civil rights being taken away, communistic uprising in the USA, national security propaganda, world-wide surveillance, trans-humanism, spy chips in medication, mind reading technology, invisible cloak technology, contaminated water supply, poison in our food, weather warfare... Should I keep going? It's not business as usual. Too many people trying to play God. There's only enough room for one!!! This house of cards is going to come toppling down at any moment. Take the "prophetic people" out of the equation. Do you know what my spirit is saying? Can you not sense things moving in the spirit realm? It's very unnerving at times. I don't need a prophet to tell me when the end of the world is coming, I already know! And I know how to read a Bible, I'm smart like that. I can think for myself.
Juni, in 1975 we were all talking about the bar-code being the mark of the beast, about chips the size of a grain of rice being inserted under the skin by a company called "Verichip", about rainbow-colored money replacing the greenback when the economy crashed and antichrist assumed power, first over Europe and the over the entire world and that we Christians would have to flee to Petra in Israel and hide out there. This was the prophecy culture in 1975-1980 and thousands of prophecy books were being sold like "Your Guide to Survival", "100", "1000" by Salem Kirban, who died a wealthy man in 2010 from all his books and tapes on prophecy, never having seen the rapture he was so convinced he would take part in circa 1970's.

What I am trying to convey is that each generation has its own unique writers who peddle theories about who, what and where the tribulation will begin. None of it ever comes true. 30 years from now the entire geopolitical landscape will have changed one again and all the babies being born now will be following a whole new crop of writers and religious TV programs who are foisting new theories onto gullible Christians, telling them the rapture and tribulation is just around the corner just they're doing now. 2017, I believe, is the current target date taking into consideration the four blood-red moon that are coming up starting this month.

It's a never-ending cycle that has been going on since Christ ascended 2000 years ago and will go on another 2000 years if the human race survives global climate change.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:19 PM

432 posts, read 92,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Hal Lindsey wrote "Late, Great Planet Earth", the biggest non-fiction selling book of the entire 20th century (100 years) at 35 millions copies sold; a Bible prophecy book that foretold antichrist ruling over a 10-nation confederacy of European nations (ten toes of Daniel's dream, remember? ) under the label, European Union, which is now at about 28 member countries. So much for Daniel's ten toes having anything to do with antichrist ruling the world ala Revelation.

Juni, in 1975 we were all talking about the bar-code being the mark of the beast, about chips the size of a grain of rice being inserted under the skin by a company called "Verichip", about rainbow-colored money replacing the greenback when the economy crashed and antichrist assumed power, first over Europe and the over the entire world and that we Christians would have to flee to Petra in Israel and hide out there. This was the prophecy culture in 1975-1980 and thousands of prophecy books were being sold like "Your Guide to Survival", "100", "1000" by Salem Kirban, who died a wealthy man in 2010 from all his books and tapes on prophecy, never having seen the rapture he was so convinced he would take part in circa 1970's.

What I am trying to convey is that each generation has its own unique writers who peddle theories about who, what and where the tribulation will begin. None of it ever comes true. 30 years from now the entire geopolitical landscape will have changed one again and all the babies being born now will be following a whole new crop of writers and religious TV programs who are foisting new theories onto gullible Christians, telling them the rapture and tribulation is just around the corner just they're doing now. 2017, I believe, is the current target date taking into consideration the four blood-red moon that are coming up starting this month.

It's a never-ending cycle that has been going on since Christ ascended 2000 years ago and will go on another 2000 years if the human race survives global climate change.
Yes, the 7 year tribulation thing is nothing more than a misinterpretation of Daniel chapter 9:23-27. There have been hundreds of men that have used their mental imagination to try to figure this out within the confines of scripture. So be it. Unfortunately, they didn't use the whole source of scripture, nor was the Holy Spirit with them. God gave us a feast schedule, and it symbolizes a whole parameter of things. Rarely has anyone looked into these things and realized that the Old Testament and its Commandments and ceremonies point to the way God works. And I don't mean in a legalistic manner.

Jesus died on Passover. He was the unleavened bread. He was raised and presented to the Father at the exact time that the Wave-Sheaf offering was presented. Pentecost happened 5 weeks later, and fulfilled that feast. This was no shot in the dark on God's part. The next fulfillment happens as the fall feasts; Trumpets, Atonement, and Tabernacles. Trumpets is a call for the dead to rise. Atonement is a time to repent. Tabernacles is a complex of 8 days, the last day being the day that the overcoming believers (from Revelation ch. 3+4) are presented to the Father and given their authority to reign with Jesus.

The old Temple was constructed after the pattern of the Heavenly Temple. It physically symbolizes the 3 stages of development for the believer. The outer court is symbolic of justification, and represents believers that have had a Passover experience...i.e., they believe in Jesus. The Holy Place had a veil in its entrance, and only a Priest could enter. This is representative of the believer that has had a Pentecost experience and entails sanctification. The Holy of Holies has thus far only been enter by Jesus. It represents the Tabernacle experience, or sealing, resurrection, perfection, and completed salvation. It is future.

I know that there is a time coming, where the Kingdom of God is about to enter the scene in the way Daniel described it. A stone formed without hands is about to strike the statue of the kingdoms of this world in its feet, and it will be destroyed, whereas the stone will grow into a great mountain...i.e. the Kingdom of God on earth. This moment is further described in Hosea 6:2, "After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight." Peter told us that a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like a day.

The truth about world events? The kingdom of Mystery Babylon, which includes the financial sector, the moral sector, and the military sector, is at its end. God gave dominion and power to all the different kingdoms in Nebuchadnezzar's statue, but God required the fruits of righteousness from each one. None have been able to provide this, so they have all fallen. Mystery Babylon is the final portion of the last kingdom before the Kingdom of God comes, and they are now being required to show their fruit, and their fruit is rotten. The banks are criminal. Morality is over the top. The military is being directed by people that should be put in a mental institution. Much more detail could be given, but this is basically what is happening. These sectors are all going to fall because repentance is absent. This is why there is so much strife going on in our world. Also, the Passover Church was from Moses until Jesus' death. The Pentecost Church, (which is the Christianity of denominationalism), was from Pentecost of AD33 until recently. Now that we are in the 3rd Day, we are in transition to the Tabernacles Church, and the upheavals are many. But on the bright side, the Kingdom comes. Christians have been praying the Lord's Prayer for centuries, and God is about to answer it in much more of a real way..."Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, ON EARTH, as it is in Heaven!"

Old 04-01-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
Yes, the 7 year tribulation thing is nothing more than a misinterpretation of Daniel chapter 9:23-27. There have been hundreds of men that have used their mental imagination to try to figure this out within the confines of scripture. So be it. Unfortunately, they didn't use the whole source of scripture, nor was the Holy Spirit with them. God gave us a feast schedule, and it symbolizes a whole parameter of things. Rarely has anyone looked into these things and realized that the Old Testament and its Commandments and ceremonies point to the way God works. And I don't mean in a legalistic manner.

Jesus died on Passover. He was the unleavened bread. He was raised and presented to the Father at the exact time that the Wave-Sheaf offering was presented. Pentecost happened 5 weeks later, and fulfilled that feast. This was no shot in the dark on God's part. The next fulfillment happens as the fall feasts; Trumpets, Atonement, and Tabernacles. Trumpets is a call for the dead to rise. Atonement is a time to repent. Tabernacles is a complex of 8 days, the last day being the day that the overcoming believers (from Revelation ch. 3+4) are presented to the Father and given their authority to reign with Jesus.

The old Temple was constructed after the pattern of the Heavenly Temple. It physically symbolizes the 3 stages of development for the believer. The outer court is symbolic of justification, and represents believers that have had a Passover experience...i.e., they believe in Jesus. The Holy Place had a veil in its entrance, and only a Priest could enter. This is representative of the believer that has had a Pentecost experience and entails sanctification. The Holy of Holies has thus far only been enter by Jesus. It represents the Tabernacle experience, or sealing, resurrection, perfection, and completed salvation. It is future.

I know that there is a time coming, where the Kingdom of God is about to enter the scene in the way Daniel described it. A stone formed without hands is about to strike the statue of the kingdoms of this world in its feet, and it will be destroyed, whereas the stone will grow into a great mountain...i.e. the Kingdom of God on earth. This moment is further described in Hosea 6:2, "After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight." Peter told us that a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like a day.

The truth about world events? The kingdom of Mystery Babylon, which includes the financial sector, the moral sector, and the military sector, is at its end. God gave dominion and power to all the different kingdoms in Nebuchadnezzar's statue, but God required the fruits of righteousness from each one. None have been able to provide this, so they have all fallen. Mystery Babylon is the final portion of the last kingdom before the Kingdom of God comes, and they are now being required to show their fruit, and their fruit is rotten. The banks are criminal. Morality is over the top. The military is being directed by people that should be put in a mental institution. Much more detail could be given, but this is basically what is happening. These sectors are all going to fall because repentance is absent. This is why there is so much strife going on in our world. Also, the Passover Church was from Moses until Jesus' death. The Pentecost Church, (which is the Christianity of denominationalism), was from Pentecost of AD33 until recently. Now that we are in the 3rd Day, we are in transition to the Tabernacles Church, and the upheavals are many. But on the bright side, the Kingdom comes. Christians have been praying the Lord's Prayer for centuries, and God is about to answer it in much more of a real way..."Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, ON EARTH, as it is in Heaven!"
I consider myself a pretty bright guy and I was sucked in by all this stuff. Course I was young then, newly converted and innocent and gullible like many here and very VERY excited by the rapture and antichrist and tribulation and I was studying it all avidly. We didn't have computers back then to research this for free, we had to either stand in the prophecy book aisle and read it on our feet, or just buy the books. I had the money so I bought the books--maybe a hundred in all, I reckon, over the years until the Internet came along. At roughly 12.95 a book I calculate I "fed the Beast" roughly $1300 smackaroos and that ain't hay. A lot of these authors bought vacations to the Bahamas for their families on my money.

Please don't make the same mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity