Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2014, 10:43 PM

439 posts, read 426,602 times

Advertisements

I'm only 7 mins into the video and I'm already sick to my stomach! Is it just me, or is he setting himself up (falsely) to be one of the two witnesses by saying he will have the spirit of Elijah? I have been tossing around ideas as to how the antichirst and false prophet would be portrayed alongside the REAL two witnesses mentioned in Rev 11. The two witnesses are used mightily of God and I've been thinking that the REAL two witnesses could be portrayed as the "false" ones while the antichrist and false prophet are made to look like they are the ones used by God. Think about it... The two witnesses are called to their ministry at the SAME time as the antichrist and the false prophet. The two witnesses go around proclaiming God's message, leading people to Christ, bringing torment to those who come against them and God. And then... the antichrist makes war against the two witnesses and they are killed. They leave their bodies in the street and everyone celebrates. They rejoice and even send gifts (according to Rev 11, not sure how literal that is) because the two who tormented them were dead. Now, does that sound like people are deceived and they believe the antichrist and false prophet are dead? I just never understood how it would all come together like that. But now that I'm watching this video, it sounds like the pope is setting the scene to make himself appear to be a witness by proclaiming to have the spirit of Elijah and calling everyone to unite with Him for the return of Christ. Again... I'm only 7 mins into the video. I may form another opinion later... Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 11:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniPearl View Post
I'm only 7 mins into the video and I'm already sick to my stomach! Is it just me, or is he setting himself up (falsely) to be one of the two witnesses by saying he will have the spirit of Elijah? I have been tossing around ideas as to how the antichirst and false prophet would be portrayed alongside the REAL two witnesses mentioned in Rev 11. The two witnesses are used mightily of God and I've been thinking that the REAL two witnesses could be portrayed as the "false" ones while the antichrist and false prophet are made to look like they are the ones used by God. Think about it... The two witnesses are called to their ministry at the SAME time as the antichrist and the false prophet. The two witnesses go around proclaiming God's message, leading people to Christ, bringing torment to those who come against them and God. And then... the antichrist makes war against the two witnesses and they are killed. They leave their bodies in the street and everyone celebrates. They rejoice and even send gifts (according to Rev 11, not sure how literal that is) because the two who tormented them were dead. Now, does that sound like people are deceived and they believe the antichrist and false prophet are dead? I just never understood how it would all come together like that. But now that I'm watching this video, it sounds like the pope is setting the scene to make himself appear to be a witness by proclaiming to have the spirit of Elijah and calling everyone to unite with Him for the return of Christ. Again... I'm only 7 mins into the video. I may form another opinion later... Lol.
Remind me again why we should take you seriously....?

Old 03-13-2014, 12:36 AM

439 posts, read 426,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Al View Post
Doug Batchelor Analyzes Pope's Recent Threat of 'Unity or Else"
I'm speechless right now... And sick to my stomach... I really don't know what to say.

Now I can see why the true saints of God will be persecuted. Those who do not "unite" themselves with the Roman Catholic Church (Mystery Babylon, the harlot) will suffer the consequences because they will be perceived as not following Christ. The false prophet has already claimed to have the spirit of Elijah that is given to the two witnesses in Rev 11 and he twisted the word of God for the one world religion agenda. Being united as one in Christ does not translate into: every doctrine should unite as one and "let God sort it all out upstairs." That's not unity. To be unified in Christ we need to be like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. This is so disturbing!!!

Old 03-14-2014, 03:16 PM

45 posts, read 45,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
- Although I understand your glee.
- And I like and respect Mr. Baxter.

I use The Revelation Of Jesus Christ as the timeline for all other probable prophecies.

I don't try fitting The Revelation of Jesus Christ into all other prophecies.

But for me, all other probable prophecies must fit into the timeline of The Revelation Of Jesus Christ instead.

And we see that 'The Great Tribulation' has already started by the time of The 6th Seal.
Because 'The Great Multitude' comes out of 'The Great Tribulation' at this point. - Rev.7:14

- Neither do I believe Israel will ever see another Temple
till the Temple of God which Is The Heavenly City Of New Jerusalem comes down to the new earth. - Rev.21

I know it's been a popular belief that Israel will built a 3rd Temple.
Because Rev.11:1,2 has been falsely interpreted as the measurements of a 3rd Temple on earth.

When in scriptural fact John was first told to go down to the earth from heaven
to take the little book from the Angel's hand.
Then the angel told John to RISE and measure The Temple Of God.

Further more God Himself said there would only be Two Temples built on earth.
"The Glory Of THIS LATTER Temple Shall Be Greater Than The FORMER Says The Lord Of Hosts." - Hag. 2:9

So 'The Great Tribulation' has no 3.5 yrs x 2 period of time for 7 yrs.
And there will be no 3rd Temple.

- Personally I believe we're more likely at the start of The 4rd Seal.
As the "One 4th Part Of The Earth" over in the middle east is
getting a visit from The Pale Horse Rider Of Death With Hades Following;
as Hades does not follow the death of God's people. -
So you don't think the temple described in Ezekiel 40-46 is the Third Temple? It seems amazingly detailed to be a metaphor. Just curious...I admit I don't know as much about end-time prophecy as I should. 😉

Old 03-14-2014, 03:42 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
They cannot all be right, but they can all be wrong.
Once they start calling Pope Francis (a man who has demonstrated to the world that he is a man of peace and love) a "threat"..... I personally put them in the "wrong" column. There is and always has been a huge amount anti-Catholic propaganda proliferating among the fundamentalists. The video is a prime example. It's just thinly-disguised Catholic bashing. When they start bashing a man such as Francis so they can promote their own agenda and beliefs.... SMH.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-14-2014 at 04:24 PM..

Old 03-14-2014, 04:53 PM

45 posts, read 45,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
- Although I understand your glee.
- And I like and respect Mr. Baxter.

I use The Revelation Of Jesus Christ as the timeline for all other probable prophecies.

I don't try fitting The Revelation of Jesus Christ into all other prophecies.

But for me, all other probable prophecies must fit into the timeline of The Revelation Of Jesus Christ instead.

And we see that 'The Great Tribulation' has already started by the time of The 6th Seal.
Because 'The Great Multitude' comes out of 'The Great Tribulation' at this point. - Rev.7:14

- Neither do I believe Israel will ever see another Temple
till the Temple of God which Is The Heavenly City Of New Jerusalem comes down to the new earth. - Rev.21

I know it's been a popular belief that Israel will built a 3rd Temple.
Because Rev.11:1,2 has been falsely interpreted as the measurements of a 3rd Temple on earth.

When in scriptural fact John was first told to go down to the earth from heaven
to take the little book from the Angel's hand.
Then the angel told John to RISE and measure The Temple Of God.

Further more God Himself said there would only be Two Temples built on earth.
"The Glory Of THIS LATTER Temple Shall Be Greater Than The FORMER Says The Lord Of Hosts." - Hag. 2:9

So 'The Great Tribulation' has no 3.5 yrs x 2 period of time for 7 yrs.
And there will be no 3rd Temple.

- Personally I believe we're more likely at the start of The 4rd Seal.
As the "One 4th Part Of The Earth" over in the middle east is
getting a visit from The Pale Horse Rider Of Death With Hades Following;
as Hades does not follow the death of God's people. -
So you don't think the temple described in Ezekiel 40-46 is the Third Temple? It seems amazingly detailed to be a metaphor. Just curious...I admit I don't know as much about end-time prophecy as I should. 😉

Old 03-14-2014, 07:31 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I dislike these threads on Revelation. Why? Because they are the product of hubris, a belief on the part of the OP that he has cracked God's code. This is a head scratcher because it says that nobody will know the day of his coming, not even the angels. To me, then, it is arrogant to assume one knows, and is certainly not an indication of faith.
I am not suggesting that anyone has the 'day or hour' figured-out, or that almost every generation has not seen signs that indicate theirs could be the 'final generation.' However, if one examines Jesus' teaching in context, one sees that we ARE to recognize the 'season' by the signs, ... but, not the specific 'day or hour.' (IMO, God intends for us all to LIVE READY for Christ's imminent return).

Matt. 24: 32 “Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; 33 so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.

36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. 37 For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will be left.

Last edited by jghorton; 03-14-2014 at 07:51 PM..

Old 03-14-2014, 08:04 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I dislike these threads on Revelation. Why? Because they are the product of hubris, a belief on the part of the OP that he has cracked God's code. This is a head scratcher because it says that nobody will know the day of his coming, not even the angels. To me, then, it is arrogant to assume one knows, and is certainly not an indication of faith.
Amen! To try to use Revelation or any other scripture prospectively as predictions to be decoded is to practice divination . . . which we are NOT to do. The only correct use of prophesy is retrospectively . . . after the fact.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:14 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,528,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorDan01 View Post
Welcome to End Times Central.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:22 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,933,611 times
- Just happen to catch Mr. Baxter on TBN this week.

They were having a debate over whether what he said was truly Bible Prophecy or not.
As Mr. Baxter said that the 7 years of Tribulation was starting in 37 Days!
With a signing of some peace treaty in the middle east.
Others on there was refuting what he said. It was a pretty interesting show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity