Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 08:11 PM

32,932 posts, read 26,160,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It says nothing about believing in him:

"Your faith has saved you..."
"Where is your faith?"

Evidently, your faith is in adding or subtracting from what something actually says.

"Oh, Ye of little faith?"
To believe 'in' or 'on' Christ means to accept as true the proposition that Jesus died for your sins and therefore to trust in Him for salvation. If you want to have a cow over the use of the word 'in' as 'opposed to 'on' I really do not care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 08:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To believe 'in' or 'on' Christ means to accept as true the proposition that Jesus died for your sins and therefore to trust in Him for salvation.
If you want to have a cow over the use of the word 'in' as 'opposed to 'on' I really do not care.
Actually, it's neither, rather it is that of believe him; listen to him, hear him, understand?

Old 02-17-2014, 08:19 PM

32,932 posts, read 26,160,446 times
Quote:
Actually, it's neither, rather it is that of believe him; listen to him, hear him, understand?
You attempt to play at words just to be contentious. I will not waste my time with you.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You attempt to play at words just to be contentious. I will not waste my time with you.
That would not be the truth, the way or life that I live; but I cannot speak for you?
Somehow, you believe that you are superior in knowledge to that of others?

Carry on!

Old 02-17-2014, 08:48 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,225,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans12 View Post
Did Jesus mention to have faith in his resurrection after he was resurrected? Or did he mention to have faith in him before the resurrection? What is meant by saved by faith? Faith in what ?

Thanks

John 14:1 "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me".

Romans 8:24 "For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?â€

Hope set the goal, and faith goes and gets it. and that hope is ETERNAL LIFE, in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

2 Corinthians 4:16 "For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:02 PM

758 posts, read 838,335 times
Quote:
You are 100% WRONG!

It is all about OBEYING HIM!

Old 02-17-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
You are 100% WRONG!

It is all about OBEYING HIM!
You cannot obey, or follow him; if you do not hear his voice.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
You cannot obey, or follow him; if you do not hear his voice.
Nice try; feeble but nice.

How about what God has to say about this instead of using "human reasoning".

Hebrews 10:16 I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Proverbs 3:3 Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart

Proverbs 7:3 Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.

Dueteronomy 6:5 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

Psalms 119:18 Thy word have I hid in my heart - that I might not sin against thee.

Obedience is the main objective.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
Nice try; feeble but nice.

How about what God has to say about this instead of using "human reasoning".

Hebrews 10:16 I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Proverbs 3:3 Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart

Proverbs 7:3 Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.

Dueteronomy 6:5 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

Psalms 119:18 Thy word have I hid in my heart - that I might not sin against thee.

Obedience is the main objective.
Keep your eyes fixed on the path before you; and all your ways will be established.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:05 AM

The following is a translation of an inscription in the Cathedral of the Old City at Lubeck in Germany;

Thus speaketh Christ our Lord to us:

Ye call Me Master, and obey Me not;

Ye call Me Light, and see Me not;

Ye call Me Way, and walk Me not;

Ye call Me Life, and desire Me not;

Ye call Me Wise, and follow Me not;

Ye call Me Fair, and love Me not;

Ye call Me Rich, and ask Me not;

Ye call Me Eternal, and seek Me not;

Ye call Me Gracious, and trust Me not;

Ye call Me Noble, and serve Me not;

Ye call Me Mighty, and honour Me not;

Ye call Me Just, and fear Me not;

If I condemn you, blame Me not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity