Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 07:07 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
For unto us: A child is born (Bethlehem) - A son is given (Golgotha) & his name shall be called: wonderful, counselor The Everlasting Father; The Mighty God, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Jesus Is God - There is only ONE.

Hebrews 1:8 God speaking to the Son - Thy throne OH God is forever
Ya got it wrong...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 07:20 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,242,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
For unto us: A child is born (Bethlehem) - A son is given (Golgotha) & his name shall be called: wonderful, counselor The Everlasting Father; The Mighty God, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Jesus Is God - There is only ONE.

Hebrews 1:8 God speaking to the Son - Thy throne OH God is forever

this is true, let also see him as God in,”the government shall be upon his shoulder”. the Lord Jesus the Christ is the Governor, who is God. supportive scripture, Psalms 22:28 "For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations”. some translation render it as “RULER”. now the Lord Jesus, Matthew 2:6 "And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel. where was this foretold at?, Micah 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. there is the “EVERLASTING FATHER”, again. Jesus Christ is God in Flesh.

Now as COMFORTER/Counsellor. a comforter, or Counsellor is an advocate, supportive scripture, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous”. here the word advocate, can be translated as comforter. and the Holy Spirit is the COMFORTER. Jesus Christ is the Comforter in flesh and bones, even from birth. supportive scripture, Luke 2:25 "And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him. the word consolation here in Luke 2:25 is G3874 παράκλησις paraklesis (par-ak'-lay-sis) n.
1. an imploration, entreaty (urgent request (for mercy or help))
2. a comfort, solace
from G3870
KJV: comfort, consolation, exhortation, intreaty

our Lord Jesus is the Comfort to his People,

Isaiah 40:1 "Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. did not our God comfort us, even unto today?. YES, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever”. the Lord Jesus said that the Father will give us “ANOTHER”, comforter. well is the Lord Jesus the Father?. lets see, John 16:7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you” WAIT A MINUTE, who is sending the COMFORTER?. our Lord said in John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will sendin my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. the FATHER WILL SEND?. or THE SON WILL SEND?. WHO IS SENDING?. not two, but the one and only God is SENDING. because the Son is the Father in flesh. if not we have a contradiction. and that aint happening. for #1. the Lord Jesus never LIE. so the Lord Jesus is God, the Father as Isaiah 9:6 say. as well as he, (JESUS) is the Mighty God, he is also “Everlasting Father”. as well as Governor, and Counsellor.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:25 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croref View Post
. . . why would God have to pray or feel the need to pray to God?
Well, Jesus Christ himself said that the Father was greater than He, so there's your answer. That doesn't mean, by the way, that the Son is not also divine. He has all of the same godly qualities and attributes His Father has, but as He also said, God the Father is not only His Father but His God. He is subservient to His Father in their relationship.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:29 PM

546 posts, read 546,899 times
Jesus is the Son. He admits that He is not omniscient. (Only the Father knows the day or the hour...) If you are a father, you know how this works. Jesus was in the loins of the Father, (whatever Spiritual loins are) and somehow the Father impregnated Mary with Jesus. Easy...straightforward. Having His Father's genes makes Jesus the spitting image of His Father. And Jesus had such reverence and respect for His Father, that He only did what His Father does. That makes Jesus such an identical to His Father, that it's hard to distinguish the two. But since Jesus differentiates Himself from His Father, then we know He is not the same being. Jesus said that He is one with the Father, but that is referring to being in unison and identical thought. They think exactly alike, and they do exactly alike, yet Jesus gives His Father the preeminence, and only does what His Father does.

Jesus is the mediator between man and the Father. 1 Timothy 2:5, "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" Jesus was SENT by the Father. A person doesn't send himself. One of Jesus' main duties while on earth was to show us the Father. There are many misconceptions of the Father, and the Father has always remained on the Throne. So He sent His Son to show us Who the Father is. Some misconceptions are that the Father is the thundering One in the sky. But the scriptures say that God IS love. If the Father is love, then everything that He does is for the benefit of His creation, even if it seems like evil to some. The same as a parent has tough love at times, so does the Father, and Jesus was sent to show us that the Father intends only the best for us.

We don't pray to Jesus, we pray to the Father in Jesus' name. In other words, we are recognizing that Jesus is God's Son, that He came to carry away our sin, and by this, the separation that we have had with the Father is over, and we are now free to communicate with the Father, BECAUSE of Jesus.

Jesus told John in Revelation 3:14. "And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;" Jesus is saying that He is God's first completed creation. He was in the loins of the Father in eons past, He came to earth and lived a perfect life, He became the scapegoat for sin, and He was resurrected and is NOW the first complete person. And since He was the FIRST, it is obvious that there are to be many more. It says that the whole creation groans for the manifestation of the Sons of God. The Son's of God are those that follow the leader, Jesus, and learn to know the Father through Jesus' example. Do we not recognize that we are to be the brethren of Jesus as Sons of the Living God? Romans 8:29 "For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren." Even though we will never be equal to the authority and height of Jesus, we WILL be His Brethren, just as Jesus will subject Himself to the Father that subjected all things under Jesus' feet, as it says in 1 Corinthians 15:28, "And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all."

Old 02-17-2014, 08:31 PM

2 Katzpur
maybe you might need to explain how and why, or in what way the Father is GREATER, as in quality, or quantity. so that all may understand our Lord saying.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:51 PM

307 posts, read 405,205 times
The Father was greater than Jesus at that time because Jesus was in human form subject to temptation and human emotions, while the Father was still on the throne. Jesus would not say that now because they are equal.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:26 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,148,378 times
Quote:
Because God the Almighty and Jesus the Son of God are two distinct individuals.

Matthew 26:39, " Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.” This would have been without purpose if Jesus was God..praying to himself

John 8;17-18, "In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true. I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.” This statement would not be true if Jesus did not consider himself a separate individual.

John 14:28, “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." Jesus acknowledges that the Father (God Almighty) is greater than him.

Some may seek to explain that this was God-Jesus while on earth. However does this change when Jesus is resurrected as the Christ?

1 Corinthians 11:3, " But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God."

1 Corinthians 15:24-28, "Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all."

I don't mean to offend those who believe Jesus is a part of a Godhead. However, to say that Jesus is the Son of God does not take away from his being divine, unique in all the universe, and the one and only mediator between God and man.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:35 AM

GINOLJC to all

2trumpethim

I read your reply, it was a good one, but with many questions, and misunderstanding, if you don't mind I will try to answer them, and or make correction.

first, you said,
Jesus is the Son. He admits that He is not omniscient. (Only the Father knows the day or the hour

One of of the Major question concerning our Lord's deity, is his omniscient. "How come our Lord Jesus don't know his return date?". only the father knows. again the beauty of "diversity", (which I teach). the answer is in the "will" of God. God have a "will", a plan. and it is clearly seen, (as in this case), in the Godly principle of Matthew 6:3. listen, "But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth". how can one do something themselves without knowing about it. your right hand, and left hand is a part of you. the answer, because of your "will". sound strange?, NO, I have done it many of times. when someone come to me in confidentiality, I wills myself not to remember, as to what have been said. well lets clearly see how God do it. scripture, Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more". see that?, "and I (will) remember their sin no more". HOLD IT, how can almighty, all knowing God not remember?. it's an act of the will. he wills "not" to remember. just as he said in Matthew 6:3b "let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth", "let" is an act of the will. now, how do all of this relates to our Lord's not knowing his return date. answer, Revelation chapter 5. our Lord is sitting on the throne. yes, the Lord Jesus sits, supportive scripture, Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. now, what happens?, the Spirit, (the Father,the Lamb), comes and takes the book out of his hand. question, which hand did he take the book out of?, answer the right hand. remember what Matthew 6:3 "But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth". so by taking the book out of this "RIGHT" hand he now wills not to KNOW his return DATE. because the book contain all the information of what's the come, (we know its not a literal book). so, only the Father, (the Spirit, the Lamb), knows because the father, the Lamb took the book out of his "RIGHT" hand. by our Lord being in flesh and bone, and the mediator, he fulfills the DAVIDIC PROPHECY, Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool". until is written in the book that was in the Lord's right hand. no one knows only he who took the book, and that’s the Father. please study, the Lamb is the Spirit, who is the Father. for he who sits, is he who stands. this is the beauty of “diversity”. please read this again for clarity.

second, you said,
If you are a father, you know how this works. Jesus was in the loins of the Father, (whatever Spiritual loins are) and somehow the Father impregnated Mary with Jesus. Easy...straightforward. Having His Father's genes makes Jesus the spitting image of His Father.

THESE ARE CARNAL DEFINITIONS, AND CARNAL THINKING. trying to apply them to Spiritual reality. Listen, being a father spiritually have nothing to do with genes. BUT WITH THE WILL. example, 2 Corinthians 6:17 "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. Just as in the case of the Son, Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?". see, being a FATHER is an act of the WILL. even if the one you're being father to is not your biologically. but by the will, the Spirit, (God), he Shared himself in flesh. and by sharing the spirit, he willed "TO BE" a father to that Shared Spirit. being a father spiritually have nothing to do with genes, or relationship, but the act of the will. one more example, to make it clear. 1 Timothy 1:2 "Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord. now, do you believe that Timothy was Paul’s biological Son?. NO. see what I’m saying now.

third, you said,
That makes Jesus such an identical to His Father, that it's hard to distinguish the two. But since Jesus differentiates Himself from His Father, then we know He is not the same being. Jesus said that He is one with the Father, but that is referring to being in unison and identical thought. They think exactly alike, and they do exactly alike, yet Jesus gives His Father the preeminence, and only does what His Father does.

Correction, the Lord Jesus is the “diversity”, or the offspring, that is equal with the Spirit. supportive scripture, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God”. the word “FORM” here is G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fay'). which means
1. shape, or NATURE.
Root(s): G3313

God is a Spirit, (see John 4:24). so if our Lord Jesus is in the NATURE of God, and God is the ONLY SPIRIT in the God class. that’ means that Jesus is in the Same class, (the God class). but how is this possible?. the answer is in the root of the word G3444 μορφή morphe, which is, G3313 μέρος meros (mer'-os) n.
1. a division or share.
2. there is our word, “SHARE”. our Lord Jesus is a “share”, equally “with” God, so he is God shared, not “to”, as in a division, meaning two. but “with”, the eternal Spirit, meaning one person. not a copy, not a division, or a split, but the “share”, or the same. knowing this, it is proved out in the Greek word G243 ἄλλος allos (al'-los), or in English, “ANOTHER”.
Allos expresses a numerical difference, (that's why God is called an H430 אֱלוֹהִים'elohiym in Hebrew) and denotes another of the same sort. and
. “sort” means, 1. a particular kind, species, variety, class, or group, distinguished by a common character or nature. 2. character, quality, or nature.
this means that our Lord Jesus is in the same class, the same group, the same kind, as the spirit, which is the “share”, having the same nature, and character. read this definition again for clarity. so our Lord Jesus as the “diversity”, or “offspring” of God is the G5481 χαρακτήρ charakter (khar-ak-tare'), or EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON, hence the title Son. scripture, Hebrews 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high”. notice the scripture states, “express image of his person”, NOT the image of his NATURE, but his PERSON. what do this mean?. using my best English, he aint no separate person. hence we get the TITLE Son, for the character, or the G5481 χαρακτήρ charakter (khar-ak-tare') of the the Father is himself in flesh. and charakter, metaphorically speaking means SON. listen, 1. those who act in a certain way, whether evil, or good. 2. descendants, without reference to sex. 3. those who manifest a certain character. that’s what a Son mean. not biological, but Spiritual.

fourth, you said,
Jesus is the mediator between man and the Father". and you gave, 1 Timothy 2:5

God is ONE, as in a “diversity”. scripture, Galatians 3:20 "Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. in flesh and bones as a man, GOD, is mediator, as well as comforter. is he not?.

fifth, you said,
There are many misconceptions of the Father, and the Father has always remained on the Throne”.

this is true, for the Lord Jesus is the Father, only in flesh and blood. see (Isaiah 9:6), the “everlasting Father”, "the mighty God". and in revelation chapter, he who sits, is he who stands.

sixth, you said,
So He sent His Son to show us Who the Father is”.

true, but who is the Son?. are you sure as to who was sent or came?. Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you”. ok, who came, the Father or the Son,? remember, its only one God.

seventh, you said,
We don't pray to Jesus, we pray to the Father in Jesus' name. In other words, we are recognizing that Jesus is God's Son, that He came to carry away our sin, and by this, the separation that we have had with the Father is over, and we are now free to communicate with the Father, BECAUSE of Jesus.

I pray to the Father who is Jesus. for the Name of God is JESUS, supportive scripture, Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. there is only ONE SAVIOUR. and that’s God, who is Lord Jesus, in flesh.

Eighth, you said,
Jesus is saying that He is God's first completed creation”, and you quoted Revelation 3:14

Error on your part. Jesus is the SOURCE of the NEW CREATION. the beginning, or the first. The root (REV 22:16), and arch, primarily indicated what was of worth. Hence the verb archo meant "to be first," and archon denoted "a ruler." So also arose the idea of "a beginning," the origin, the active cause, whether a person or thing, THE SOURCE, "FATHER". here again our Lord Jesus is the Source, or the Father of all NEW THINGS. for he have the preeminence. Colossians 1:18 "And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Ninth, you said,
just as Jesus will subject Himself to the Father that subjected all things under Jesus' feet”.

The subjection of Christ within God, notice I said, Christ, not Jesus. without going into a full detail, I’ll make is simple, SUBJECT: G5293 ὑποτάσσω hupotasso (hoop-ot-as'-so) v.
According to Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary of American English. the Greek word here, G5293 ὑποτάσσω hupotasso, this word is used as a verb here, and not a noun. (this is an action), so according to the second definition as a verb, 2. To put under or within the power of. verse 28 "And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all". or that the Son, as the “diversity”, or the Allos with God be within the powers of all, because when the kingdom is delivered up. there will be no need for a mediator. so all things will be “ALL IN ALL”. in one body. hence, the in all knowing. all power, the Omnipresence. so when everything is over, and the last enemy is destroyed, there will be only one person, JESUS, God, (for his kingdom have no end.). the word subjection here, simply means integration, or (WITHIN). that which was shared is “ALL IN ALL, scripture,1 Corinthians 12:6 "And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. now back to 1 Corinthians 15:28 "And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. since the Lord Jesus is the G243 ἄλλος allos (al'-los), “WITH” God, then that which was “SHARED” is shared no more, simply put, mission accomplish.

I hoped this helped to answer your questions.

be blessed.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:55 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Because God the Almighty and Jesus the Son of God are two distinct individuals.

Matthew 26:39, " Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.” This would have been without purpose if Jesus was God..praying to himself

John 8;17-18, "In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true. I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.” This statement would not be true if Jesus did not consider himself a separate individual.

John 14:28, “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." Jesus acknowledges that the Father (God Almighty) is greater than him.

Some may seek to explain that this was God-Jesus while on earth. However does this change when Jesus is resurrected as the Christ?

1 Corinthians 11:3, " But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God."

1 Corinthians 15:24-28, "Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all."

I don't mean to offend those who believe Jesus is a part of a Godhead. However, to say that Jesus is the Son of God does not take away from his being divine, unique in all the universe, and the one and only mediator between God and man.
Good answer.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:48 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Jesus is never called "God, the Son" but always "Son of God."

Jesus always did the will of God.

After He died and was roused out of death He told His disciples: "I am ascending to My God and your God." Therefore, Jesus was implying that He (Jesus) was not their God but that God was their God and his God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity