Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 08:17 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,408,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
According to our Justice system - according to a jury of his peers - He did nothing wrong by defending himself. He is NOT GUILTY.

And it is more than obvious you do not like that verdict!

YOU have a serious problem.
Interesting to note he was found not guilty, but that doesn't mean he was found innocent. My personal theory since we're on the subject, I think he shot Trayvon because he was getting his behind kicked. A fight he started by following him. There was enough evidence to say because of his actions, it lead to Trayvon's death. Being guilty of manslaughter. Yet he was found not guilty, and I don't argue the verdict.

While in general its true God is the ultimate judge, I find in general anyone who states this are people of questionable character. You never heard someone like mother Teresa saying, "Only God can judge me!"

Old 02-18-2014, 08:32 PM

758 posts, read 839,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Interesting to note he was found not guilty, but that doesn't mean he was found innocent. My personal theory since we're on the subject, I think he shot Trayvon because he was getting his behind kicked. A fight he started by following him. There was enough evidence to say because of his actions, it lead to Trayvon's death. Being guilty of manslaughter. Yet he was found not guilty, and I don't argue the verdict.

While in general its true God is the ultimate judge, I find in general anyone who states this are people of questionable character. You never heard someone like mother Teresa saying, "Only God can judge me!"
Hmmm It sounds good; Lets check it out eh?

“I am not sure exactly what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us, he will not ask, 'How many good things have you done in your life?' rather he will ask, 'How much love did you put into what you did?”
― Mother Teresa

you were saying ??

Old 02-18-2014, 09:09 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,408,691 times
Quote:
Hmmm It sounds good; Lets check it out eh?

“I am not sure exactly what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us, he will not ask, 'How many good things have you done in your life?' rather he will ask, 'How much love did you put into what you did?”
― Mother Teresa

you were saying ??

Not in the same spirit at all. (On a side note, concerning Teresa's beliefs and mine, I'm sure they are a little different) This is speaking of God's judging our works, not a direct statement of a "Only God can judge me!" type of attitude. This attitude implies that no one else can judge their actions, no matter what it looks like. Teresa's not personalizing it, notice how in the quote she says "when we die" and "for God to judge us".

Old 02-19-2014, 12:13 AM

758 posts, read 839,383 times
I suppose you are correct.

We all get judged; either at the Bema seat of Christ or in the Great White Throne Judgment.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:47 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,518,534 times
Quote:
I suppose you are correct. We all get judged; either at the Bema seat of Christ or in the Great White Throne Judgment.
Before those the judgment of the nations, sheep & goats.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:09 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,007,385 times
Isn't what Zimmerman said basically the line of every crazy that's committed some horrid crime - that no man is worthy to judge him?

If that clown doesn't kill somebody else for some poor reason in the next 5 years, I'll be shocked.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:21 PM

23,896 posts, read 32,199,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Go.away.

Why does this type ALWAYS stick around then drag God into it?

I agree. Jail house Christians turn my stomach...Oh wait, Zimmerman isn't in an actual jail. But he should be.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:25 PM

591 posts, read 919,783 times
Quote:
― Mother Teresa
So as long as he loved killing Trayvon, then it's okay?!

You are also quoting a woman who had lost her faith at least 10 years before she died. She carried on her work to 'save face'.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/dayligh...loss-of-faith/

Another question, do you think she was a saint?

http://guardianlv.com/2013/10/mother...nt-says-study/

Oh, George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin. The fact you can't comprehend this is an example of you being the one with a problem, not me. He was not guilty of murder, but he is still a killer, and one you accept.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:40 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,931,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
Just checking. I think I'd rather go to Hell than spend eternity with that killer.
What exactly makes you so great that people would rather be around you? I do not condone his actions, but your comments come off as if you have done nothing wrong. There are all types of people in heaven that have committed all types of acts that they are more than likely regretful of doing, but if you have an issue with that, how would you feel if people felt the same about you?

Old 02-22-2014, 06:54 AM

591 posts, read 919,783 times
I won't kill anybody! Surely that makes me better company!

Unless you have a fetish for killers, then Zimmerman is your man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity