U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-20-2014, 03:52 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
6,370 posts, read 5,801,239 times
Reputation: 581

Advertisements

I believe that around 2030 AD that coming of the Kingdom of God and the Sabbath Day rest of 1000 years will be implemented.

I know many will claim that we can't know. I believe that it in error. I believe that ALL things were given to the SON (and that includes the time). I believe that the Father knows and those that have the Father will know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-20-2014, 03:59 PM
 
6,822 posts, read 5,127,489 times
Reputation: 3729
Christ says it is not for us to know the hour of His coming... so why even play the guessing game to be proven wrong? Do you believe the words of Jesus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2014, 04:17 PM
 
758 posts, read 590,914 times
Reputation: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Christ says it is not for us to know the hour of His coming... so why even play the guessing game to be proven wrong? Do you believe the words of Jesus?
Jesus says:
We will be surprised @ his coming -

Matt. 24:36 - many sects try to predict the coming of Christ. But Jesus says, "no one but the Father knows the day and the hour." The sects that try to predict Christ's coming ignore these words.

Matt. 24:36 - we should also note that Jesus’ statement does not mean than Jesus does not know the day of His Second Coming. Jesus does know, because He is God. With this statement, Jesus explains that He chose to know by His human knowledge only that which He wanted to know for His mission of salvation. In other words, Jesus could have chosen not to know everything by His own human knowledge, but Jesus knew everything in His human knowledge through its hypostatic union to His eternal and infinite divine knowledge.

Matt. 24:44 – Jesus warns us that the Son of Man is coming at an hour we do not expect.

Matt. 25:13 – Jesus says “watch therefore, and be prepared, for you know neither the day nor the hour.”

Mark 13:35-37 – Jesus says “watch because you do not know when the Master of the House will come - watch!”

Luke 12:46 - the Master will come on a day and at an hour when He is not expected.

Acts 1:7 - Jesus says it is not for us to know the times or seasons which the Father has fixed by His own authority.

1 Thess. 5:2; 2 Peter 3:10; Rev. 3:3 - the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

James 5:7 - be patient until the coming of the Lord. Those who try to predict disregard this inspired teaching.

Rev. 22:20 - Jesus says He is coming soon, but He does not tell us when He is coming. Because Jesus says we do not know the day or the hour and will be surprised at His coming, it is silly, and disobedient, for people and groups to predict His coming. We, instead, need to be about the business of growing in holiness, so that we are prepared for our Lord when He comes again, no matter when that will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2014, 04:22 PM
Status: "that should be 'righties'" (set 5 days ago)
 
1,774 posts, read 1,076,078 times
Reputation: 1498
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I believe that around 2030 AD that coming of the Kingdom of God and the Sabbath Day rest of 1000 years will be implemented.

I know many will claim that we can't know. I believe that it in error. I believe that ALL things were given to the SON (and that includes the time). I believe that the Father knows and those that have the Father will know.
i believe the moon is made of green cheese...no one cares
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2014, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
6,370 posts, read 5,801,239 times
Reputation: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Christ says it is not for us to know the hour of His coming... so why even play the guessing game to be proven wrong? Do you believe the words of Jesus?
Can you show me where it says that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2014, 04:26 PM
 
Location: WV and Eastport, ME
11,125 posts, read 10,946,832 times
Reputation: 7387
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Can you show me where it says that?
See Post #3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2014, 04:31 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
6,370 posts, read 5,801,239 times
Reputation: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
Jesus says:
We will be surprised @ his coming -

Matt. 24:36 - many sects try to predict the coming of Christ. But Jesus says, "no one but the Father knows the day and the hour." The sects that try to predict Christ's coming ignore these words.

Matt. 24:36 - we should also note that Jesus’ statement does not mean than Jesus does not know the day of His Second Coming. Jesus does know, because He is God. With this statement, Jesus explains that He chose to know by His human knowledge only that which He wanted to know for His mission of salvation. In other words, Jesus could have chosen not to know everything by His own human knowledge, but Jesus knew everything in His human knowledge through its hypostatic union to His eternal and infinite divine knowledge.

Matt. 24:44 – Jesus warns us that the Son of Man is coming at an hour we do not expect.

Matt. 25:13 – Jesus says “watch therefore, and be prepared, for you know neither the day nor the hour.”

Mark 13:35-37 – Jesus says “watch because you do not know when the Master of the House will come - watch!”

Luke 12:46 - the Master will come on a day and at an hour when He is not expected.

Acts 1:7 - Jesus says it is not for us to know the times or seasons which the Father has fixed by His own authority.

1 Thess. 5:2; 2 Peter 3:10; Rev. 3:3 - the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

James 5:7 - be patient until the coming of the Lord. Those who try to predict disregard this inspired teaching.

Rev. 22:20 - Jesus says He is coming soon, but He does not tell us when He is coming. Because Jesus says we do not know the day or the hour and will be surprised at His coming, it is silly, and disobedient, for people and groups to predict His coming. We, instead, need to be about the business of growing in holiness, so that we are prepared for our Lord when He comes again, no matter when that will be.
Mat 24:36 `And concerning that day and the hour no one hath known--not even the messengers of the heavens--except my Father only;

Past tense from when Jesus stated those words. I always see people using that verse to say we can't know but it doesn't say that. It says no one has known. This is because Jesus was coming with Truth and His Followers WILL KNOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2014, 04:32 PM
 
7,310 posts, read 4,931,206 times
Reputation: 6330
There will be signs but we won't know the day nor hour. I believe this year is the last blood moon for some event to take place before Christ's return. Blood moons usually coincide with major events in Israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2014, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
6,370 posts, read 5,801,239 times
Reputation: 581
Mat 24:44 because of this also ye, become ye ready, because in what hour ye do not think, the Son of Man doth come.

LISTEN to what that verse is SAYING - WOULD YOU? - BE READY!!!! WHY? because your currently don't know. But if you get READY you WILL KNOW.

Look at the verse right before that one:

Mat 24:43 and this know, that if the master of the house had known in what watch the thief doth come, he had watched, and not suffered his house to be broken through;

No it is telling us that if the master knew at what watch the thief comes he would be watching and not let the house be broken. Jesus is giving us the time to be watching for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2014, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
6,370 posts, read 5,801,239 times
Reputation: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
There will be signs but we won't know the day nor hour. I believe this year is the last blood moon for some event to take place before Christ's return. Blood moons usually coincide with major events in Israel.
Daylux, Jesus rose His body on the 3rd day. That 3rd day is symbolic for when He shall raise His Temple. Peter said that a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like a day. Barnabas reinforced that. Jesus was telling us that at the end of 2000 years would BEGIN the 3rd day. Notice in Revelation we see that Jesus was building his Temple this 2000 years. Now that Temple is almost completed. A Temple not made by hands but by the Spirit of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top