Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2014, 05:00 AM

113 posts, read 150,979 times

Advertisements

Worship is one gift given to mankind that allows him to connect up with the divine presence of God, Worship allows us access to Him and his presence. Most people want to focus on what worship is and isn’t, today our focus is to look at the types of worship.

Worship comes in so many forms and we not looking at which one is correct but we are looking at the various types

1. Vain worship
But in vain do they worship me, teaching as their doctrines the precepts of men”. Mark 7:7. Vain according to the Oxford Dictionary says use someone’s name in a way that shows a lack of respect for example “take someone's name in vain”. It’s easy to come to a place where we no longer reverence or honour the name of God and we do all we do professing that we are worshipping God and we don’t even have any idea of what we are doing.

It’s easy to worship God and not mean it, your heart and mind are not in it but your body is present and the words that come out of your mouth are basically lip service.

2. Will Worship
“They sacrifice upon the tops of the mountains, and burn incense upon the hills, under oaks and poplars and terebinths, because the shadow thereof is good: therefore your daughters play the harlot, and your brides commit adultery”. Hosea 4:13

According to the Sage Dictionary Will is “determining by choice”. Many choose to worship God at their convenience, we choose when it’s convenient and timely to worship or spend time with God. We put God on our extra schedule when I get to have time I will look out for him.

3. Ignorant Worship
For as I passed along, and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription, TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. What therefore ye worship in ignorance, this I set forth unto you”. Act 17:23

Ignorance is explained as unaware because of lack of information or knowledge. Ignorant worship for me is simply not willing to learn or not wanting to see beyond what you see and then a make a decision not to learn. Ignorant worship is happy where it is and is not willing to change or grow into what God is doing.

4. True Worship
“But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers”. John 4:23.

True worship is worshipping in the manner which is accordance with God, true worship is just glorifying him in the manner in which He prescribed in the word of God basically worshipping according to the truth of his word, if as a worshipper you don’t have the word of God in you make a plan for you to have it in you. His word is truth and it teaches us how to worship in truth.

This isn’t for self-condemnation but this is reality check your self and see where you are evaluate yourself and see where you stand. It’s easy to raise your hands, bow or raise your voice to worship God: the question is it working for you.

Father I pray that we walk in a place where we offer true worship every day of our lives not just it words but with our lives in Jesus Name, Amen.

Worship Him In The Beauty of His Holiness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity