U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 02:27 PM

4,457 posts, read 1,031,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Book of Life is the life of one man; each and everyone of us.
How do you know that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 02:31 PM

13,266 posts, read 4,228,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croref View Post
Some believe the "book of life" is different from the "Lambs book of life. What say you and why?

If two, what is the difference between them that Jesus should make the difference? Here is what I am getting at:

Exodus 32:31–33 (KJV 1900)
"And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold. Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book". No Jesus in this.

However, we have this:

Revelation 3:4–6 (KJV 1900)
"Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches." In this example we see Jesus making the declaration.

Who else do you look to other than the people these traditions came from?

Yom HaDin: The Day of Judgment

Eddie Chumney's 7 feasts of Messiah
http://www.hebroots.com/sevenfestivals_chap7.htm

Another name for Rosh HaShanah is Yom HaDin, the Day of Judgment. It was seen that on this day, G-d would sit in court and all men would pass before Him to be judged. Three great books will be opened as each man is weighed in the balance and placed into one of three categories (Talmud, Rosh HaShanah 6b). It has been taught that the school of Shammai says that there will be three classes on the final Day of Judgment, one of the wholly righteous, one of the wholly wicked, and one of the intermediates. The wholly righteous are at once inscribed and sealed for life in the world to come; the wholly wicked are at once inscribed and sealed for perdition (Talmud, Rosh HaShanah 16b-17a).

People can make up things as they want, as if they are discussing something new, but the concept of being written in books takes you to Rosh Hashanah and how you get into the lambs book of life or the intermediates and to get in the lambs book of life you must have been sealed with the seal of God between your eyes and upon your right hand and the majority of Christians refuse to obtain the mark of God that seals them against Yom Kippur, most Christians will not do what it takes to be sealed in order to be written in the book of life and this is keeping the Sabbaths and feasts of God that get you sealed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or