Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 03:08 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croref View Post
In God's provision for accomplishment..
... and you have arrived?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 03:16 PM

441 posts, read 392,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I know my destination, the way and am, by God's Love and grace, in it.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:38 PM

758 posts, read 847,006 times
Quote:
There is - A way - That seems right unto a man - but the end results in death. (PROVERBS 7:12)

I guess we won't find out until "The End" which way you are referring to.

All we can do is guess.

Jesus said: Many shall say to me in that day... Lord Lord didn't we do this & that?? (Matthew 7:22)

Depart from me; for I NEVER KNEW YOU.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:00 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
That was just my way of saying you haven't arrived and will have an unnecessary time of it unless you move in that direction. . .
Quote:
Curious... arrived where?
Quote:
In God's provision for accomplishment..
Quote:
Quote:
Just reviewing the latest dialogue...

"God's provision and accomplishment" is a vague answer. That's not really a "where" answer.

I asked if you have arrived - hoping to get where you are at. But you say you know your destination. The term destination implies that you have not arrived yet.

The way is Christ per John 14:6. I am there. Sounds like we are in the same place to me - assuming you are in Christ.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:36 PM

[quote=DRob4JC;33683635]
Quote:
Just reviewing the latest dialogue...

"God's provision and accomplishment" is a vague answer. That's not really a "where" answer.
Not if you have a grasp on what "Pentecost" 'provided' for when instituted. Remember, it got Jesus through His Life's mission that began in His wilderness experience. It begins there as well when one is saved and continues no less than His did.

Quote:
I asked if you have arrived - hoping to get where you are at. But you say you know your destination. The term destination implies that you have not arrived yet.
Where I am is in the process of becoming what God has purposed for anyone He has redeemed, i.e., "a son brought unto glory", one who Jesus won't be ashamed to call His brother.

Quote:
The way is Christ per John 14:6. I am there. Sounds like we are in the same place to me - assuming you are in Christ.
No argument that Christ is the only way . . . . and He bids us come and die.

It must be understood that there is a price for son-ship to the who believes he has arrived simply by saying the sinners prayer..

That should satisfy your curiosity. .

Old 02-28-2014, 07:27 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,989,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
I guess you missed this...Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

"that true believers would not try to take away or add to the Bible.

The bible is all about Jesus Christ; He is the main character of every book in the entire bible - That is the Lamb's book of life.

There is only one book. Get over it!
True....the Bible is one book written to one people.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:38 AM

Quote:
The bible is ONE VOLUME. The Bible is.. The Book of Life! That should answer all of your questions. If you have any doubts; Read the Bible again & again.
And your name is written in it? Where??

Old 03-01-2014, 09:59 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
The Book of Life is the life of one man; each and everyone of us.

Old 03-01-2014, 02:16 PM

758 posts, read 847,006 times
Quote:
And your name is written in it? Where??
My name ? Surely you jest !!ROFLMHO !!

My name Is the very first name in the New Testament and it is also the last name mentioned in the New Testament - It is the most popular name in the entire bible.

You picked the wrong person to ask that question.

Care to phrase that question differently ?

I suggest you get a copy of one of the bible code programs and type your name into it and see what happens.

Pick an event that only you know about (in the past) and enter that in there also. (keywords).

Don't be surprised if it shows up! With the exact year it happened.

Question: Why do (some people) place so many limits on God???

Answer They really believe in their hearts "They are smarter than God".

Some people have it all figured out- Just like the Pharisees -

Old 03-01-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
My name ? Surely you jest !!ROFLMHO !!

My name Is the very first name in the New Testament and it is also the last name mentioned in the New Testament - It is the most popular name in the entire bible.

Index?? . . . . General Index??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity