Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 08:41 AM

441 posts, read 392,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.
- Henry Ford

Every time there is a convention of the principle national leaders of the global financial cartel (G8, group of 8), there is a violent eruption of conscience among the working people. That means just about everybody except the ruling oligarchs is about to get screwed. A lot of people know this and express their opinions openly. . . . . . . . . . .
Are financial concerns the only reason?? What about "exported" immorality that gives rise to hate the Christian religion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 10:30 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,824,183 times
Believing in a Pre-Tribulation Rapture and/or believing that Christians will/will not go through the Great Tribulation, are not essential to believing and living as a Christian. For about a dozen reasons, I very strongly believe that the 'Church of Believers in Jesus Christ will be "Raptured" prior to the start of the 7-year Great Tribulation. But, for the sake of discussion, let's say that Christians will go through the Great Tribulation ... along with non-believers who will undeniably face it.

NOBODY (regardless of their beliefs) will be able to 'PREPARE' for the scope and scale of the warnings and judgments (Revelation) that will be poured-out on the people on earth during the Great Tribulation (except the 144K who are 'sealed'). (How, for example, does one 'PREPARE' for Volkswagen-sized hailstones or for all of the waters turning to blood or for scorching heat or Stinging locusts that cause unbearable pain; yet, people cannot die ???).

Thus, the only relevant question that all people of all times must ask themselves is: "Are you prepared to die and meet the Lord Jesus Christ ... who died for your sins --- and will you enter into eternal life in relationship with God?" -- This question is far more relevant than Tribulation preparation, since NOBODY escapes death! (Yet, people have escaped' and may continue to 'escape' the Great Tribulation for 2000 years!)

I'm prepared for death, the 'rapture' or (if necessary), The Great Tribulation, since I know that my earthly and eternal protection and preservation rest entirely in the hands of my loving God.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:35 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Nicely worded jghorton.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:35 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post

I'm prepared for death, the 'rapture' or (if necessary), The Great Tribulation, since I know that my earthly and eternal protection and preservation rest entirely in the hands of my loving God.
Many don't want to meet it. They want a get home free card, not a face the Lion card like many 1st century Christians had to deal with.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:39 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Believing in a Pre-Tribulation Rapture and/or believing that Christians will/will not go through the Great Tribulation, are not essential to believing and living as a Christian. For about a dozen reasons, I very strongly believe that the 'Church of Believers in Jesus Christ will be "Raptured" prior to the start of the 7-year Great Tribulation. But, for the sake of discussion, let's say that Christians will go through the Great Tribulation ... along with non-believers who will undeniably face it.

NOBODY (regardless of their beliefs) will be able to 'PREPARE' for the scope and scale of the warnings and judgments (Revelation) that will be poured-out on the people on earth during the Great Tribulation (except the 144K who are 'sealed'). (How, for example, does one 'PREPARE' for Volkswagen-sized hailstones or for all of the waters turning to blood or for scorching heat or Stinging locusts that cause unbearable pain; yet, people cannot die ???).

Thus, the only relevant question that all people of all times must ask themselves is: "Are you prepared to die and meet the Lord Jesus Christ ... who died for your sins --- and will you enter into eternal life in relationship with God?" -- This question is far more relevant than Tribulation preparation, since NOBODY escapes death! (Yet, people have escaped' and may continue to 'escape' the Great Tribulation for 2000 years!)

Amen..... excellent post !
Totally agree with your last paragraph....

Old 03-03-2014, 03:11 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:

Great post!

Old 03-03-2014, 05:02 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
Why are you worried about the rapture ?
Didn't Jesus warn enough that,
One should be vigilant .
Christianity is not the text, but the Holy Spirit Jesus designated to teach in His place.
He is the identifying mark the angels have to reap the believers .
These have been obedient in doing God's will on the earth .
As for those with academic knowledge and no relationship much like Statan , knowing about God but not yielded, there is no bond of relationship no obedience.
Repentance from the beginning, is the shedding of self government, to needing and yielding to God's government.
But one cannot be governed by God if he does not know His voice. Hence the Holy Spirit.
Jesus said,"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled. "
Righteousness is obedience on a personal level . Not academics. nor the approval of men.

John 4;23,24, God seeks those that will worship Him in Spirit and in truth.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:36 PM

439 posts, read 426,397 times
Quote:

I totally get what you're saying... I truly do. We should ALL be ready, spiritually, at all times.

With that said... THAT is how someone prepares. There's nothing we can do that will stop what is headed our way. No amount of preparing will ward it off. We must stay in the will of the Lord and keep our eyes focused on Him. If we are already doing that, then we move into the next phase. And that's reaching the lost. You can't reach the lost souls if your house isn't in order. There are many things we need to be doing on a daily basis to prepare. And that's spiritually speaking, not physically/earthly.

I don't believe in a pre-trib rapture. That's another discussion for another day. Since I don't believe in a pre-trib rapture, I'll just give my view of things according to a post-trib rapture.

The tribulation is not the wrath of God, it's satans. God's wrath will be poured out when He returns. Those who will be raptured are protected from God's wrath. We are the 144,000 that are sealed. 144,000 is just a number John heard when the angel took him to see the holy Jerusalem. You can find it in Rev 21. The angel had a measuring stick, the measurements of the city were 144,000. There were twelve gates around the city. Each gate had a name on it, they were the names of each 12 tribe of Judah. This is why in Rev 7 John said "I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel."
  • I posted about the 144,000 in POST #28.
I highly recommend everyone read that post in order to get a better understanding about the 144,000. It's not a head count. Those who are sealed inherit the holy Jerusalem, which measured 144,000 - the number he "heard". When we read about the 144,000 in Rev 7 you'll notice John said, "a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues". If he said no man could number them, then why do people assume 144,000 is the number of "them"? One of the 24 elders told John these are those who "came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." Be careful which translation you read. Some of them translate it wrong. Those who "came out" tells me these are the people who were raptured. When we're raptured Jesus claims the dead and the living. John also says they were "clothed with white robes".
Now look...
  • Johns sees those who died Rev 6:9-11 I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
  • John's message to the church Rev 3:4-5 they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life.
  • Here's an account of the second coming of Jesus Christ: Rev 19:7-9 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
So you see... The ones who are raptured will be arrayed in white robes, made of fine linen. The robes are given to the ones who were dead AND alive at the time of the rapture. God is not a respecter of persons. Jesus paid the price for ALL of us. People who believe 144,000 is a head count or that it applies to a certain group of people, that is going against God's word.

Last but not least... There is not going to be a 7 year tribulation. The Bible makes it very clear it will only last 3 1/2 years. The antichrist does not reveal himself until the middle of the 7 years, which leaves him with 3 1/2 years to rule. And he will not have power and authority to rule over the whole world. That is Biblical. Here's how you know the tribulation is only 3 1/2 years long...
  • Dan 7:25 the little horn (the antichrist) will make war against the saints for time, times, and half a time.
    Time = one year
    Times = two years
    Half a time = half a year
  • Rev 11:2 they will trample the holy city for 42 months
  • Rev 11:3 and I will give power to my two witnesses 1,260 days
  • Rev 12:6 the dragon makes war against the woman Israel for 1,260 days
  • Rev 12:14 the woman was given two wings of a great eagle and flew into the wilderness, she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time
  • Rev 13:5 he will make war against the saints for 42 months
Many people who hold tight to the fact that there is a 7 year trib AND a pre-trib rapture need to brace themselves. If the framework of the peace agreement holds all the Biblical factors of the prophecies, we will enter the final 7 years in just a short amount of time. What happens when they realize Jesus didn't come back? If people believe they are going to be raptured, many of them will live like there's no tomorrow. Maybe cash in a retirement policy. Go on a HUGE family vacation they can't afford. Who knows... People who live like there's no tomorrow can get themselves into deep mud. And on top of that... What about those who aren't stable or grounded enough to embrace the fact that they're going to be here through the whole 7 years? Including the final 3 1/2 years of the tribulation? Would they consider suicide? Would they follow through with it just to escape the tribulation? Many things need to be talked about. And this is one of them. This is why people need to prepare, get their hearts right, study the TRUE word of God, come to grips with our reality and stay strong. Jesus endured it. Why can't we? Our reward will be worth it.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The apostle Paul said we are taken out before the man of lawlessness is revealed. See Thessalonians.

Who is "we"? Ans. Those 'watching' and 'waiting'. Most Christians aren't. Most "rapture" believing Christians are convinced by Bible commentators, who have warped the scriptures to make fit their opinion, all believers will be caught up. That opinion can't be found in scripture. May I suggest to you that what Jesus means to imply when He said this: "I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left" is that while some may not have been believers, all were religious ___ even professing Christians. He gives no indication to the contrary. As with the parable of the "ten virgins" when 5 were ready and 5 weren't, All ten were indeed, virgins.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniPearl View Post
I totally get what you're saying... I truly do. We should ALL be ready, spiritually, at all times.

With that said... THAT is how someone prepares. There's nothing we can do that will stop what is headed our way. No amount of preparing will ward it off. We must stay in the will of the Lord and keep our eyes focused on Him. If we are already doing that, then we move into the next phase. And that's reaching the lost. You can't reach the lost souls if your house isn't in order. There are many things we need to be doing on a daily basis to prepare. And that's spiritually speaking, not physically/earthly.

I don't believe in a pre-trib rapture. That's another discussion for another day. Since I don't believe in a pre-trib rapture, I'll just give my view of things according to a post-trib rapture.

The tribulation is not the wrath of God, it's satans. God's wrath will be poured out when He returns. Those who will be raptured are protected from God's wrath. We are the 144,000 that are sealed. 144,000 is just a number John heard when the angel took him to see the holy Jerusalem. You can find it in Rev 21. The angel had a measuring stick, the measurements of the city were 144,000. There were twelve gates around the city. Each gate had a name on it, they were the names of each 12 tribe of Judah. This is why in Rev 7 John said "I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel."
  • I posted about the 144,000 in POST #28.
I highly recommend everyone read that post in order to get a better understanding about the 144,000. It's not a head count. Those who are sealed inherit the holy Jerusalem, which measured 144,000 - the number he "heard". When we read about the 144,000 in Rev 7 you'll notice John said, "a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues". If he said no man could number them, then why do people assume 144,000 is the number of "them"? One of the 24 elders told John these are those who "came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." Be careful which translation you read. Some of them translate it wrong. Those who "came out" tells me these are the people who were raptured. When we're raptured Jesus claims the dead and the living. John also says they were "clothed with white robes".
Now look...
  • Johns sees those who died Rev 6:9-11 I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
  • John's message to the church Rev 3:4-5 they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life.
  • Here's an account of the second coming of Jesus Christ: Rev 19:7-9 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
So you see... The ones who are raptured will be arrayed in white robes, made of fine linen. The robes are given to the ones who were dead AND alive at the time of the rapture. God is not a respecter of persons. Jesus paid the price for ALL of us. People who believe 144,000 is a head count or that it applies to a certain group of people, that is going against God's word.

Last but not least... There is not going to be a 7 year tribulation. The Bible makes it very clear it will only last 3 1/2 years. The antichrist does not reveal himself until the middle of the 7 years, which leaves him with 3 1/2 years to rule. And he will not have power and authority to rule over the whole world. That is Biblical. Here's how you know the tribulation is only 3 1/2 years long...
  • Dan 7:25 the little horn (the antichrist) will make war against the saints for time, times, and half a time.
    Time = one year
    Times = two years
    Half a time = half a year
  • Rev 11:2 they will trample the holy city for 42 months
  • Rev 11:3 and I will give power to my two witnesses 1,260 days
  • Rev 12:6 the dragon makes war against the woman Israel for 1,260 days
  • Rev 12:14 the woman was given two wings of a great eagle and flew into the wilderness, she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time
  • Rev 13:5 he will make war against the saints for 42 months
Many people who hold tight to the fact that there is a 7 year trib AND a pre-trib rapture need to brace themselves. If the framework of the peace agreement holds all the Biblical factors of the prophecies, we will enter the final 7 years in just a short amount of time. What happens when they realize Jesus didn't come back? If people believe they are going to be raptured, many of them will live like there's no tomorrow. Maybe cash in a retirement policy. Go on a HUGE family vacation they can't afford. Who knows... People who live like there's no tomorrow can get themselves into deep mud. And on top of that... What about those who aren't stable or grounded enough to embrace the fact that they're going to be here through the whole 7 years? Including the final 3 1/2 years of the tribulation? Would they consider suicide? Would they follow through with it just to escape the tribulation? Many things need to be talked about. And this is one of them. This is why people need to prepare, get their hearts right, study the TRUE word of God, come to grips with our reality and stay strong. Jesus endured it. Why can't we? Our reward will be worth it.

The Bible only speaks of a people 'birthed' and "caught up" half way into the 7 year period of time called the tribulation. Read Rev 12 to understand this. There is no other "raptured" people spoken of in the scriptures. That said, how can you continue to believe in a post-trib or someone else continue to believe in a pre-trib "rapture" when it ain't there??

OMT: In speaking of hailstones of 120 lbs., as JGHorton is referring to: that will not be part of the tribulation saints of God will experience for 'having their robes made white', but the wrath of God upon enemies of God.

Last edited by Croref; 04-04-2014 at 05:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity