Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 07:51 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times

Advertisements

The title is self explanatory. If you are interested, go into the site below and look around. Click on any of the doctrines in the left hand column for a study on that doctrine.

http://gracebiblechurchwichita.org/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 07:57 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,528,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The title is self explanatory. If you are interested, go into the site below and look around. Click on any of the doctrines in the left hand column for a study on that doctrine.

http://gracebiblechurchwichita.org/
Looks like an excellent tool. His 'statement' "Bible Doctrine Resource is a NON-RELIGIOUS fellowship of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. Remember… Christianity is “NOT“ a RELIGION.

RELIGION is… man through mans own efforts, trying to gain Gods approval through his own physical works.

CHRISTIANITY is… God seeking a relationship with sinful mankind, through the saving work of Jesus Christ on the cross," is right on.

Mike, how do you time after time find these great websites?

Old 02-27-2014, 08:42 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorALly View Post
Looks like an excellent tool. His 'statement' "Bible Doctrine Resource is a NON-RELIGIOUS fellowship of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. Remember… Christianity is “NOT“ a RELIGION.

RELIGION is… man through mans own efforts, trying to gain Gods approval through his own physical works.

CHRISTIANITY is… God seeking a relationship with sinful mankind, through the saving work of Jesus Christ on the cross," is right on.

Mike, how do you time after time find these great websites?
From time to time I post sites from which I have learned much of what I know. For instance, Dr. Robert Dean who is the Pastor of West Houston Bible Church.

Dean Bible Ministries - Home

Ariel ministries by Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum who is a messianic Jew.

Ariel Ministries: Come and See

Country Bible Church in Brenham TX is a doctrinally oriented church. Mike Smith is the Pastor.

Country Bible Church - Brenham, TX

Austin Bible Church of Austin TX. is another one. Bob Bolender is the Pastor.

Austin Bible Church

Pastor Joe Griffin of Grace Doctrine Church is a doctrinally orient teacher.

Class Catalog - JGMM

So is Pastor Robert McLaughlin of Grace Bible Church in Somerset, MA.

Robert McLaughlin Bible Ministries / Grace Bible Church - bible doctrine truth in Christ

All of these Pastors were taught or influenced by Robert B. Thieme Jr. who was Pastor of Berachah Church of Houston Texas for over 50 years, and who I consider to have been my first Pastor teacher. He is now with the Lord.

R. B. Thieme, Jr., Bible Ministries — Home

On the chance that someone might be interested in accessing these sites for in depth Bible study I like to post these on the forum on occasion.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:28 AM

441 posts, read 392,322 times
Moderator cut: deleted

Salvation through faith alone in Christ alone

By Mr. Thieme

Thieme taught the biblical definition of faith as a non-meritorious system of perception wherein the merit lies with the object of faith, Jesus Christ. The status of the subject is irrelevant, as one need only express positive volition toward Jesus Christ to receive eternal salvation. All sins, past, present, and future, were imputed to Christ on the cross and judged, thus completing the work of salvation. Moderator cut: deleted

Robert Thieme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by june 7th; 02-28-2014 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: stick1)Re-formatted in order to adhere to CD's copyright rule. 2)Please refer to Sticky regarding use of "cult."

Old 02-28-2014, 09:22 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Systematic theology: hoop jumping 101 Syllabus: practical application of pipe dreams.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:58 AM

1,311 posts, read 1,528,808 times
Systematic Theology Defined:
Wayne Grudem defines systematic theology as "any study that answers the question, 'What does the whole Bible teach us today?' about any given topic." In summary, then, systematic theology involves,

1."find all the relevant verses" by using a "good concordance"
2."read, make notes on, and try and summarize the points made in the relevant verses"
3."the relevant verses should be summarized into one or more points that the Bible affirms about the subject"
http://www.theopedia.com/Wayne_Grudem#note-0

Old 02-28-2014, 10:23 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Systematic theology: hoop jumping 101 Syllabus: practical application of pipe dreams.
Instead of just insulting it, could you actually provide an explanation of why you feel it is not a valuable thing? Otherwise, you just appear to be trolling. Not that I'm calling you one...but it just makes you look bad.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:54 AM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,980 times
I might take a look at it though its probably mostly things I've seen before...but I did just happen to click on the site and this is the first thing I saw:
"July 14, 2010
********************This Site is for Students of Systematic Theology *******************

I do NOT accept donations! Please STOP sending money!
I appreciate your kind words and gifts, however this website is all about me giving YOU something. Not you giving to me.
Thank you
Mark Bassett
."

.....lol!!! That's at least respectable. I think most visitors were expecting to see a donate button somewhere on the page.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:47 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Vizio, there is NO "system" to the disparate perceptions of God expressed in the Old Testament over the course and lives of its writings and writers and any attempt to reconcile those differences is laughable.
The best answer is to state that the Old Testament is a history of the growing awareness of one ethnic group as to the nature of God and different opinions are to be expected.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:49 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Vizio, there is NO "system" to the disparate perceptions of God expressed in the Old Testament over the course and lives of its writings and writers and any attempt to reconcile those differences is laughable.
Do you know what Systematic Theology means? It simply means looking at what scripture says about a topic in whole. That means that if you want to know about a topic, you go and read it it one book, then another, and another. It means we read ALL of scripture to understand it.

Do you think God would give contradicting statements in 2 different books? Can we not believe both?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity