Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 02:00 PM

318 posts, read 262,874 times

Advertisements

In Catholicism, an absolution doesn't necessarily remove all temporal sin. What is meant by temporal sin? I know I have asked this before, but i didn't get a clear answer. Is it meant the feeling of sin ? And if so how does one know one has got the feeling of sin, and not another feeling, being sick or something else?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 02:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans12 View Post
What is meant by temporal sin?
Aim a bit-higher, so you don't miss the target.

It's the Kentucky wind and Tennessee elevation.
As we are not to walk by sight alone.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:18 PM

758 posts, read 847,905 times
Quote:
In Catholicism, an absolution doesn't necessarily remove all temporal sin. What is meant by temporal sin? I know I have asked this before, but i didn't get a clear answer. Is it meant the feeling of sin ? And if so how does one know one has got the feeling of sin, and not another feeling, being sick or something else?

Thanks
Catholicism is the "words & traditions" of (men).

The Bible is The "Word of God" - He is the ultimate authority.

God tells us that when he forgives us - That sin is as far from the east as the west.

Psalm 103: 12 "He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west."

King David - was the "apple" of God's Eye.

All of your questions are easily answered when you take the time to read the Psalms'

We have a personal God who Loves to interact with us - But this is only accomplished through the

"promises" of His Spoken Word to your heart.

Trust God's Word - don't depend on human reasoning or understanding.

Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

Proverbs 3:6 IN ALL thy ways acknowledge Him & He shall direct thy paths.

Those are two exceptionally powerful promises to which God cannot Lie. If you do your part, He has to do

what he promised! The entire Christian walk is that simple; Let Go. & Let God!

You can't do nuttin' He can do EVERYTHING

Old 03-02-2014, 02:28 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
Trust God's Word - don't depend on human reasoning or understanding.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

Proverbs 3:6
IN ALL thy ways acknowledge Him & He shall direct thy paths.
A matter of perception?

Old 03-02-2014, 03:41 PM

Atkutuq: Why did you post that when it don't answer any of my questions?

Old 03-02-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Atkutuq: Why did you post that when it don't answer any of my questions?
God's Word will answer ALL of your questions - He is the source!

All through the bible we are told - do not trust your feelings - Trust what God has spoken !

1st John 1:9 If we confess our sins He is faithful to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

God said that! temporal sins ?? they ain't in the bible.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:29 PM

I'm asking for Catholic theory, not peoples view on the matter. But thanks anyways.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:53 PM

Quote:
I'm asking for Catholic theory, not peoples view on the matter. But thanks anyways.

I only quote God's Word - (Just as Jesus did) He spoke from every single book in the Old Testament.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:21 AM

Yes. Ok. But what I am really after is the Catholic view

Old 03-03-2014, 06:42 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,589,364 times
Quote:
Yes. Ok. But what I am really after is the Catholic view
Hi Hans. you can read more about this online or in Catholic books and audios online.
It's not hard to understand. Through the sacrament of Reconciliation you are reconciled
to God and His Grace is again bestowed upon you. The ultimate, eternal punishment
of the sin is forgiven. If it's mortal, grave sin, you are restored to communion with Christ
by promising Him not to commit that sin again, doing the Penance for it, and receiving
Him in Holy Communion, which is only to be received when you are in a state of grace.
Your use of the word "temporal" is misconstrued. It is not the sin that is temporal, there-
fore there is no such thing as "temporal sin". There is, rather, temporal punishment.
Through Penance as prescribed by the priest, and/or by guidance from the Holy Spirit,
you need to make amends for the sins, sometimes, when possible. For example if you
stole $100 worth of goods from a person's home, you may be forgiven, but there is
still a disruption in God's will that you broke by stealing. You could return the $100
to the person and thereby correct the consqeuences of the sin you committed. Or if you
abused a woman, and cannot conceivably do anything to make well on her as part of your
penance, you could still contribute time or do something to help other women who were abused.
This is a way of restoring the temporal order, increasing God's will as we say in the Our Father
(thy will be done). Consider the souls in Purgatory. They will go to Heaven, but they need
to be cleansed of all stain before they can stand before the Beautific Vision. Those stains
will take more pain and time to be cleansed the deeper they are, so it is best to clean
up as much as you can while here on Earth.
more reading: "temporal punishment" catholic - Bing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity