Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 12:54 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You refuse to use your mind and the sense of right and wrong God painstakingly tried to teach us. You will not discriminate among the writings to remove the veil of ignorance and superstition that clouds the truth. You simply accept it all without question. That is NOT studying to show yourself approved . . . it is mindless acceptance of ignorant primitive understanding. God is not pleased.
no ... your god of mysticism is not pleased.
"the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth.
Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.” ... Jesus' reply to the question "what is truth"
and those who have "noble character" like the Bereans searched the written scriptures Acts 17:11

The god of mysticism counters with a false Jesus to search:
  • our very abilities
  • our consciousness to guides us to the truth
  • what is "written in our hearts."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 01:07 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
You refuse to use your mind and the sense of right and wrong God painstakingly tried to teach us. You will not discriminate among the writings to remove the veil of ignorance and superstition that clouds the truth. You simply accept it all without question. That is NOT studying to show yourself approved . . . it is mindless acceptance of ignorant primitive understanding. God is not pleased.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
no ... your god of mysticism is not pleased.
Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.” ... Jesus' reply to the question "what is truth"
and those who have "noble character" like the Bereans searched the written scriptures Acts 17:11
My God of Jesus the Christ is exactly as Jesus showed Him to be . . . loving and accepting and willing to die rather than smite anyone because He loved us ALL.
Quote:
The god of mysticism counters with a false Jesus to search:
  • our very abilities
  • our consciousness to guides us to the truth
  • what is "written in our hearts."
According to the New Covenant my God tells us to search

• our hearts
  • guided by the Comforter within our consciousness to the truth
  • God has "written in our hearts."
If you do NOT believe this you do NOT believe the New Covenant or Jesus.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:38 AM

1,030 posts, read 840,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
would it still be Heaven to you if none of the people you loved on Earth weren't there?
"None" "weren't there". Why that would be great! If "none weren't there" then all would be there.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:40 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
How .. for nobody has an intrinsic knowledge of God.

It's impossible to when you think one source is good as another
SMH. You have no clue.

Bye.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:14 AM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
If you fear your loved one "won't make it to heaven", then you are only in need of a better understanding of our Creator and His love for all of mankind, His children.

"The one who fears is not made perfect in love."
"Pefect love drives out ALL fear."

We sometimes fall in and out of understanding, mostly our fears pulling us away from what we know to be right and true and full of beauty, in our hearts: LOVE.

Fear shrinks the heart, allowing us to even FATHOM that our love for our loved ones would ultimately amount to nothing. That our love would be in vain. That our love would end. Remember, "Love NEVER ends."

Fear causes the growth and understanding of love (remember God IS love) to be stunted. Fear ALWAYS stunts growth. If you feel your loved one may be separted from you forever, ("not make it to heaven")... the natural human instinct is to partially harden your heart, to somehow lessen the pain. We are also programmed to utilize pain as a warning signal. Something is not right. If we had no pain reflex, we may be standing too close to a fire and not realize our entire foot is engulfed in flames! Pain is a warning signal. If you ponder the idea of your loved one dissapearing forever, that you will never reunite, you can either take the PAIN and shove it down deep and harden your heart. (In which case, it will bring such robotic, unfeeling responses as "It will be ok. I will still be happy. God will just erase the memory.") Do you see that you are actually saying "GOD WILL LIE". If God erased the memory of a human being from your mind, you are saying that God is tricking you, and making you BELIEVE A LIE.
_OR_ you can actually feel the pain, and have that pain drive you to a deeper understanding. To question God (which is the FIRST command, by the way) and get to the bottom of it. Fight through your fears, don't harden your heart, don't look away, but use that emotion, use that pain and passion you feel and go to God and question. Seek, keeping in mind that Perfect love drives out ALL fear. Not just some fear but ALL fear. If you still have fears, you are not hearing God's answers softly being planted into your heart. God's answers will ALWAYS promote the growth of LOVE. God's answers will never make you FEAR.

Our love for our loved ones is a sacred treasure. Stored in heaven. where moth, rust and time will not destroy.

We see through the glass darkly now... how much more will we see when the veils are lifted and we see each other for the FIRST time with a renewed heart, how much MORE our love for each other will grow, and our love for our CREATOR will grow, for making it all possible.
Don't fear. Your loved ones are as sacred to God as they are to you.
He will not fail you.
He is the GOOD SHEPHERD who will leave the 99 to find the 1 that is lost.

Just some thoughts..
peace,
sparrow

Old 03-17-2014, 09:14 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
SMH. You have no clue.

Bye.
I don't share your (apparent) belief that the Bible is the one and only source of knowledge about God and Heaven.
I believe it is a source. One of many. Not all of them are written and they are not confined to Christianity.

Jesus' answer to Pilots question "what is truth" does in no way come close to "I'm just one of many sources"
Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”
It's written in my heart that to me Pilot reacted the same way to Jesus .... SMH. You have no clue. I wash my hands of you.

Last edited by twin.spin; 03-17-2014 at 09:26 AM..

Old 03-17-2014, 10:15 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
From what Jesus said there is no marriage in heaven when asked whose wife will the widow be in heaven. Heaven is suppose to be complete happiness so if our love ones don't make it to heaven how do you explain why we are completely happy if we are sad for them?

I don't know how it is done, only God knows that, but why worry? Our mission is to help our love ones make it to heaven. A married couple is suppose to help the other make it to heaven by being loving to them.
Your totally missing my point. This isn't about marriage and/or marriage in heaven. This is about the memory of those who didn't make it and how it will be removed from us. I know when I asked this question in the past, I never got a straight answer. I guess I'm not getting one now either.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:34 AM

1,311 posts, read 1,527,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well I hope all who I loved on earth will be in heaven, heck I hope I am in heaven. But not all will go to heaven. Jesus said so Himself and he could not lie which is a sin.
I find it sad that Catholics have no assurance.

[quoteI have read we will be so happy in heaven we will forget about those who did not make it. God will wipe away every tear so he would let us forget what would make us sad. We cannot be sad in heaven anyway.[/quote]
“God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away" (Revelation 21:4)

Old 03-17-2014, 12:12 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
If you fear your loved one "won't make it to heaven", then you are only in need of a better understanding of our Creator and His love for all of mankind, His children.

We sometimes fall in and out of understanding, mostly our fears pulling us away from what we know to be right and true and full of beauty, in our hearts: LOVE.

Fear shrinks the heart, allowing us to even FATHOM that our love for our loved ones would ultimately amount to nothing. That our love would be in vain. That our love would end. Remember, "Love NEVER ends."

Fear causes the growth and understanding of love (remember God IS love) to be stunted. Fear ALWAYS stunts growth. If you feel your loved one may be separted from you forever, ("not make it to heaven")... the natural human instinct is to partially harden your heart, to somehow lessen the pain. We are also programmed to utilize pain as a warning signal. Something is not right. If we had no pain reflex, we may be standing too close to a fire and not realize our entire foot is engulfed in flames! Pain is a warning signal. If you ponder the idea of your loved one dissapearing forever, that you will never reunite, you can either take the PAIN and shove it down deep and harden your heart. (In which case, it will bring such robotic, unfeeling responses as "It will be ok. I will still be happy. God will just erase the memory.") Do you see that you are actually saying "GOD WILL LIE". If God erased the memory of a human being from your mind, you are saying that God is tricking you, and making you BELIEVE A LIE.
_OR_ you can actually feel the pain, and have that pain drive you to a deeper understanding. To question God (which is the FIRST command, by the way) and get to the bottom of it. Fight through your fears, don't harden your heart, don't look away, but use that emotion, use that pain and passion you feel and go to God and question. Seek, keeping in mind that Perfect love drives out ALL fear. Not just some fear but ALL fear. If you still have fears, you are not hearing God's answers softly being planted into your heart. God's answers will ALWAYS promote the growth of LOVE. God's answers will never make you FEAR.

Our love for our loved ones is a sacred treasure. Stored in heaven. where moth, rust and time will not destroy.

We see through the glass darkly now... how much more will we see when the veils are lifted and we see each other for the FIRST time with a renewed heart, how much MORE our love for each other will grow, and our love for our CREATOR will grow, for making it all possible.
He will not fail you.

Just some thoughts..
peace,
sparrow
Beautiful post, as usual sparrow! So glad you are back posting again after your break from the forum. Bless you in Christ's love.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:34 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Beautiful post, as usual sparrow! So glad you are back posting again after your break from the forum. Bless you in Christ's love.
Thank goodness you posted, Mystic. I had somehow completely missed sparrow's post.

Sparrow ... thank you for the whole post, and especially for this: "Our love for our loved ones is a sacred treasure. Stored in heaven. where moth, rust and time will not destroy." You have a way of putting things that gets right to the heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

He will not fail you.

Just some thoughts..
peace,
sparrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity