Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 02:06 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times

Advertisements

“The good news is we’re not selling them anymore,” he added.

I guess the people who wrote about this article missed that sentence. They are not sold. The proof reader read too fast huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 02:08 AM

Can the Sola Scriptura people show me where in the bible it is written that Constantine is the head of the RCC?

Old 03-26-2014, 10:43 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 830,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolava View Post
What does it mean\symbolize to do the sign of the cross? Thanks
It symbolize the death and resurrection of Christ. The vertical is the minus, the fall of Adam, sin and death entered, humanity was separated from God.. The horizontal is the plus, Jesus made the minus to plus, coming from Heaven, defeating sin and death, reconciled us with God, so there is a way back home. He died (was separated from God for 3 days and nights for our sins), was resurrected, that we may live with Him in God's presence for ever. Only believe and you can have it! God bless!

Old 03-26-2014, 01:52 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
As most Christian traditions the sign of the cross comes from Catholicism. As a general rule most Protestants don't use it even though it was prescribed in the writings of Luther.

The sign of the cross is still used by Lutherans and Anglicans. Some Methodist ministers may trace the sign of the cross in the forehead of a baptized baby, otherwise not use much in the their church.

I think it is just one more thing that falls in the contrarian category: "If Catholics do it, we will not do it".
Yes, that's it. Episcopals do it. I'm Presbyterian now and it's only used when baptizing babies and then our pastors make a sign of the cross at the Benediction.

I always wondered who decided which Catholic traditions to dump and which to keep, after the Protestant Reformation.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:39 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,617,606 times
Quote:
As for the House of God, it is known as Mt Zion, the mountain of God, and it has an entrance price (Is 56:6), and the proceeds do not go to the bishops of Rome, nor to the construction of some ediface.
And just a little more on the 'edifices'...

Cathedrals, in a sense, speak to the transcendecne and immanence of God in human life. It is a masterul symbol of belief like the sign of the cross. When one is between its walls, it is there that visitor sees God 'here' but 'not here'. Do not the heavens proclaim the glory of God as do the things that crawl upon the earth and as do the unseen spirits? In essence, the cathedral's nature is to make one 'see' higher. Naturally, the gaze takes one upward.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:12 PM

1,382 posts, read 768,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Can the Sola Scriptura people show me where in the bible it is written that Constantine is the head of the RCC?
Dear jan,
I am not "Sola Scriptura people", because the canon came from the RCC, which makes it polluted with the leaven of the Pharisees, but I can address your question.

The god king, head of the church, Constantine is dead. He was Pontifex Maximus, which is the position the pope now holds. He also convened the Council of Nicaea, and as Pontifex Maximus, he also chaired the Council, which established the articles of faith.

As for using the bible to show Constantine's relationship to the RCC, you would have to acknowledge that the RCC is a daughter of Babylon, and that she sat on the beast with 7 heads, and one of those heads, which had two horns like a lamb, was Constantine, who was to go on to deceive "those who dwell on the earth". (Rev 13:14) The two horns used by Constantine to build his church were Peter and Paul, the two lamb like horns. (Rev 13:11) In Daniel 7:24-25, Constantine was the horn that subdued 3 kings and "HE WILL INTEND TO MAKE ALTERATIONS IN TIMES AND IN LAW". This is with respect to the changing of the Sabbath day, and the changing of one God for a trinity type doctrine. This Constantine did through his office of Pontifex Maximus of the RCC.

As per Rev 13:2, the beast got his authority from the dragon. The conclusion is that the RCC received its authority from the beast, who got his authority from the dragon, which means the RCC authority comes from the dragon. The same analysis would hold for the daughter of the RCC, which would be the Protestant church, which has many of the same articles of faith, the same canon, and dogmas, and worships the same images from the beast (Rev 13:15).

Old 03-26-2014, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear jan,
I am not "Sola Scriptura people", because the canon came from the RCC, which makes it polluted with the leaven of the Pharisees, but I can address your question.

The god king, head of the church, Constantine is dead. He was Pontifex Maximus, which is the position the pope now holds. He also convened the Council of Nicaea, and as Pontifex Maximus, he also chaired the Council, which established the articles of faith.

As for using the bible to show Constantine's relationship to the RCC, you would have to acknowledge that the RCC is a daughter of Babylon, and that she sat on the beast with 7 heads, and one of those heads, which had two horns like a lamb, was Constantine, who was to go on to deceive "those who dwell on the earth". (Rev 13:14) The two horns used by Constantine to build his church were Peter and Paul, the two lamb like horns. (Rev 13:11) In Daniel 7:24-25, Constantine was the horn that subdued 3 kings and "HE WILL INTEND TO MAKE ALTERATIONS IN TIMES AND IN LAW". This is with respect to the changing of the Sabbath day, and the changing of one God for a trinity type doctrine. This Constantine did through his office of Pontifex Maximus of the RCC.

As per Rev 13:2, the beast got his authority from the dragon. The conclusion is that the RCC received its authority from the beast, who got his authority from the dragon, which means the RCC authority comes from the dragon. The same analysis would hold for the daughter of the RCC, which would be the Protestant church, which has many of the same articles of faith, the same canon, and dogmas, and worships the same images from the beast (Rev 13:15).
I did a search on Catholic Answers and found this to be anti-Catholic thinking, so I will ignore it. Here is a thread on it on that web site if one is interested to read it.---

The line of the antichrist the pope the Curia, imperial cult, and Pontificus Maximus - Catholic Answers Forums

Old 03-27-2014, 06:45 AM

1,382 posts, read 768,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I did a search on Catholic Answers and found this to be anti-Catholic thinking, so I will ignore it. Here is a thread on it on that web site if one is interested to read it.---

The line of the antichrist the pope the Curia, imperial cult, and Pontificus Maximus - Catholic Answers Forums

Dear jan,
It happens to be historical fact that starting with Julius Caesar, through Constantine, and beyond, that the Roman god king emperor, also took the role of Pontifex Maximus. The RCC has its' own derived history, and set of apologist. They need apologist, because they have a lot to be sorry for.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:49 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,133,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear jan,
It happens to be historical fact that starting with Julius Caesar, through Constantine, and beyond, that the Roman god king emperor, also took the role of Pontifex Maximus. The RCC has its' own derived history, and set of apologist. They need apologist, because they have a lot to be sorry for.
Yeah! Like feeding the world's poor. Educating the world's poor. Providing healthcare for the world's poor. Caring for unwed mothers and housing the largest population of unwanted children!

Heathens!

Old 03-27-2014, 07:52 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,133,037 times

Yeah, we have so much to be sorry for! The Catholic Church is by far the world's largest charitable organization. Some estimate that it is larger than all other charitable organizations PUT TOGETHER! Hard to really know for sure.

Last edited by Iam4USC; 03-27-2014 at 08:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity