U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 12:28 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,673,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
The problem with this line of thought is that it also keeps 'slaves' and other victims compliant to the bad situation they find themselves in (and some babies are born into, like slavery or a crack addiction).
How so? Do you think God has the power to change your present situation or condition? Even if you do not then how can a baby change his personal situation. Obviously he can not,so who can change it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 12:51 AM

336 posts, read 744,458 times
Exclamation We Are Fools For Christ

Quote:
The problem with this line of thought is that it also keeps 'slaves' and other victims compliant to the bad situation they find themselves in (and some babies are born into, like slavery or a crack addiction).
IT IS NOT QUITE "A LINE OF THINKING," ACTUALLY GOD IS IN CONTROL! AT LEAST IF YOU ARE A BELIEVER.( HE IS, EVEN IF NOT!)GOD BEING IN CONTROL DOESN'T MEAN STAY/ACCEPT BEING IN A DANGEROUS SITUATION, BEATEN OR ABUSED OR ANYTHING SIMI -LAR... AS IF HE IS CONTROLLING ONE'S MISERY AND APPROVES OF SUCH THINGS..IT MEANS HE IS WITH US.THERE IS MORE THAN OUR IMMEDIATE CIRCUMSTANCES. THAT'S WHAT FAITH IS ABOUT,GOING BEYOND WHAT WE SEE AND HAVE TO DEAL WITH . HAVING THE HOPE/FAITH THAT WE WILL REIGN WITH HIM..(REGARDLESS OF OUR EARTHLY CIRCUMSTANCES.) ALL OF US HAVE OUR DESTINY, AT THE END, HOPEFULLY, HE WILL SAY ,"WELL DONE,GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT." MT 25:21 NIV

Old 12-09-2007, 01:03 AM

8,561 posts, read 14,234,701 times
Quote:
Obviously he can not,so who can change it?
The parents or any other responsible adult who acknowledges that compliance and being passive can both amount to the same thing.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:24 AM

But who says they should be compliant? Do you think God has the power to change your situation? That is really the question.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Do you think God has the power to change your situation?
God as a heavenly father?
No.

Can love change me?
Yes.

Can I be forced to change?
Hell no.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:46 AM

11,918 posts, read 13,521,267 times
Quote:
ACTUALLY GOD IS IN CONTROL! AT LEAST IF YOU ARE A BELIEVER.( HE IS, EVEN IF NOT!)
I agree! Thanks for sharing!

Old 12-09-2007, 01:59 AM

Quote:
God as a heavenly father?
No.

Can love change me?
Yes.

Can I be forced to change?
Hell no.
You say that God cannot change your situation but love can. Well first of all, I believe that God is the source of all love so it must be him that can change the situation. Secondly,if God is the creator of the universe and everything in it why do you think he cannot change you. Do you think he is not powerful enough? Do you believe there are things that are just too much for God. If God can create life and destroy both body and soul why do you believe there are some things he can not do? If God, just by his sheer will can create thousands if not millions of galaxies and if he and he alone is the sustainer of life then he can force you to do his will if he so chooses. Do you believe that Satan can cause destruction. I believe he can...the book of Job. Isn`t that what he wants to do to God`s creation? So why doesn`t he (satan)just cause calamity and destroy everyone? Because God will not allow it. So if God can control satan what makes you think he cannot control you? Just trying to understand your logic..thanks for responding.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Well first of all, I believe that God is the source of all love so it must be him that can change the situation.
A loving God would never force me to do anything I do not want to do.

Quote:
Secondly,if God is the creator of the universe and everything in it why do you think he cannot change you.
I don't care who created the universe.

Quote:
If God, just by his sheer will can create thousands if not millions of galaxies and if he and he alone is the sustainer of life then he can force you to do his will if he so chooses.
Than God is not a loving God, but a being who only revels in absolute power.
Love has no power.
Love does not force itself upon others.

Quote:
Do you believe that Satan can cause destruction. I believe he can...the book of Job.
Satan only wants to be God, he does not want to be love.
Satan mistakenly believes that love=power, but they are 2 different things. He who controls desire might gain power, but love itself is not a power, nor does she want power.

Quote:
So if God can control satan what makes you think he cannot control you?
My God=Love and He doesn't control anything, because He gave EVERYONE free will.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:52 AM

11,918 posts, read 13,521,267 times
Quote:
Well first of all, I believe that God is the source of all love so it must be him that can change the situation. Secondly,if God is the creator of the universe and everything in it why do you think he cannot change you. Do you think he is not powerful enough?
I agree. What is a rebellious human will to the sovereign will of God? I believe that God, who knows and fashions all hearts, knows how to enlighten and convince all. Jesus says that He will draw all men to Himself. If all will be made subject to Him, this means all things, including all human hearts and it is only right, in that all things belong to Him. Thanks for sharing and God bless.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:59 AM

Quote:
I believe that God, who knows and fashions all hearts, knows how to enlighten and convince all.
Then why the need of Jesus dying on the cross?
Why let everything be ruined by humanity if all their mistakes could be avoided by just wanting it to be so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or