U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 01:26 PM

420 posts, read 1,094,179 times

Advertisements

Hello, everyone I started this thread so we can have a discussion about the return of the Lord, or any other bible prophecy questions one might have. It is so important as believers to be prepared for the coming of the Lord. I also welcome all faiths to join this debate and discussion. I am a believer and I believe that it is appointed once for a man to die and after that the judgement. Jesus is coming soon, and we must be ready. Who do you think the anti-christ will be, false prophet, etc... Let's make this forum interesting. I look forward to talking to all of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 01:30 PM

3,434 posts, read 8,797,303 times
I really dont think you know what kind of different ideas you are gonna get on this thread about this topic.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:37 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,035,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post
Hello, everyone I started this thread so we can have a discussion about the return of the Lord, or any other bible prophecy questions one might have. It is so important as believers to be prepared for the coming of the Lord. I also welcome all faiths to join this debate and discussion. I am a believer and I believe that it is appointed once for a man to die and after that the judgement. Jesus is coming soon, and we must be ready. Who do you think the anti-christ will be, false prophet, etc... Let's make this forum interesting. I look forward to talking to all of you.
Arguy: I guess you already know what I'm going to say! James also said "The coming of the Lord is near" (James 5:8), but most in the Church today downplay the significance of that time indicator. Yet those same people use that same expression in its normal everyday usage? Don't you think James expected to be understood in that very same way?

If Jesus was coming back soon in the first century (pre-A.D. 70) as Jesus Himself promised and as the inspired writers stated, then He cannot be coming back soon in our day!

Preterist

Old 12-06-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Arguy: I guess you already know what I'm going to say! James also said "The coming of the Lord is near" (James 5:8), but most in the Church today downplay the significance of that time indicator. Yet those same people use that same expression in its normal everyday usage? Don't you think James expected to be understood in that very same way?

If Jesus was coming back soon in the first century (pre-A.D. 70) as Jesus Himself promised and as the inspired writers stated, then He cannot be coming back soon in our day!

Preterist

If you look at what's going on in the world, the Lord's return is sooner than we think. Even scientists have said we are going to run out of food and water in 2080-Don't quote me on this date. I think even our environmental issues are all just ushering in the coming of the Lord. The world is really getting so bad, just watch the news.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:02 PM

919 posts, read 2,858,625 times
But how you be sure its the devil who is doing this here? Maybe its just people who blame the devil? I see alot of "prochecies" coming true, but is someone(s) making that happen?

confused former christian+

Old 12-06-2007, 02:06 PM

33 posts, read 73,445 times
I tend to think that a lot of what is written in the bible is symbolic. The bibles say that a messiah will return and reign peace over everything on earth. Does this mean a person will come floating down out of the sky? Maybe...maybe not.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post
If you look at what's going on in the world, the Lord's return is sooner than we think. Even scientists have said we are going to run out of food and water in 2080-Don't quote me on this date. I think even our environmental issues are all just ushering in the coming of the Lord. The world is really getting so bad, just watch the news.
Scripture please!

Preterist

Old 12-06-2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaharbour View Post
But how you be sure its the devil who is doing this here? Maybe its just people who blame the devil? I see alot of "prochecies" coming true, but is someone(s) making that happen?

confused former christian+
Scripture please!

Preterist

Old 12-06-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren View Post
I tend to think that a lot of what is written in the bible is symbolic. The bibles say that a messiah will return and reign peace over everything on earth. Does this mean a person will come floating down out of the sky? Maybe...maybe not.
Scripture please!

Preterist

Old 12-06-2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren View Post

The Bible is very symbolic, especially the book of Revelation. God is God and he is not limited to the laws of gravity. When the Lord returns the whole world will see him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity