Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 07:43 PM

250 posts, read 502,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
What about the official Mormon creed that Black people fought on the side of Satan (Lucifer) and lost in pre-mortal existence and that their black skin is their punishment?

Curse and mark of Cain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Actually, people who fought on the side of Satan were the angels spoken of in the Book of Revelations who were cast out of Heaven and, according to modern day revelation, never received a body. So your statement is incorrect. This is not Mormon doctrine. Those who fought on the side of Satan are the evil spirits that try to posses the bodies of the family of Adam and Eve. Please see the referenced scripture below.

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

As far as Blacks, it has always been Mormon doctrine that all men of every race are children of a loving Heavenly Father and heirs of salvation through repentence and the Atonement of Christ.

For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile. (2Nephi 26:33)

Old 03-17-2008, 07:16 AM

348 posts, read 555,333 times
Default Animated Clip

Quote:
What about the official Mormon creed that Black people fought on the side of Satan (Lucifer) and lost in pre-mortal existence and that their black skin is their punishment?

Curse and mark of Cain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please watch the animated clip on "What mormons believe". New converts are not taught this.

YouTube - Cartoon banned by the Mormon church

Old 03-17-2008, 08:08 AM

348 posts, read 555,333 times
Default False Lords, Which kingdom Do You Belong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbabwe View Post
I would encourage any one with access to the Salt Lake Temple, or any temple for that matter, to visit. The Salt Lake temple and some other larger temples have visitors centers to educate non-LDS visitors about temples and LDS beliefs--although you can't go inside (with one exception).

Go see for yourself and feel the peace and tranquility that characterizes Temple Square in Salt Lake City. Come and See was the Lord's admonition to Andrew, and in a similar vein, we say to everyone, come and see for yourself.

I have loved the Salt Lake Temple from the moment I laid eyes upon it as a child. I have always felt peace and saftey within the walls of Temple Square, everytime I have visited. On the outside, the temple is inscribed with the words "Holiness to the Lord, House of the Lord". You can even find these words on the doorknobs of the Temple. If I could figure out how to do it, I would show my own picture of one of these doorknobs.

Now the exception that I alluded to---If a temple is being renovated or newly built, there is often a special open house prior to the dedication. During the open house, everyone has the opportunity to visit and tour the temple. If you ever get the chance to do so take it, because it may never come again. I promise it will be an edifying experience.
BUDDHIST religion and temples I hear offer a lot of peace and tranquillity. I also understand that this type of meditation opens your mind up for the spirit world. Beware!

Acts 17:24 "God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.

Proverbs 28:26 He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, But whoever walks wisely will be delivered.

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

First seek the kingdom of God, not a temple.

Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Could 2 Corinthians 2 above be talking about the false lord of Mormonism. Do Luciferians call Satan lord?

Old 03-17-2008, 05:42 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,364,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
Please watch the animated clip on "What mormons believe". New converts are not taught this.

YouTube - Cartoon banned by the Mormon church
Thanks for setting me straight. So Jesus was a playa who was a brother to Satan

Old 03-17-2008, 07:21 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,714,230 times
Quote:
Thanks for setting me straight. So Jesus was a playa who was a brother to Satan
After what I'm sure was a fair and balanced view of the Mormons. I invite everyone to read the Al-Qaeda Encyclopedia of Christianity for the real scoop on the Christians. The forward is written by Bin-Laden himself.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:36 PM

Let's go on to the 10th article of faith, shall we?

We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

We know that the Lord abundantly warned Israel that if they turned against Him and served the gods of the heathen that they would be scattered among all the nations of the earth. It has been said that the history of the world is largely the history of the tribes of Israel, so thorough has been the scattering of Israel throughout the heathen nations. We believe in a literal gathering of Israel back to the lands of their inheritance and a spiritual gathering of Israel back to the worship of the true God.

to be continued...

Old 03-17-2008, 09:45 PM

From a beautiful chapter in Jeremiah, the prophet speaks of the dispersion of Israel because of their iniquities, and he also prophecies of the return or gathering of Israel, which shall be greater in scope and importance to the salvation of mankind than even the exodus from Egypt.

11 Then shalt thou say unto them, Because your fathers have forsaken me, saith the Lord, and have walked after other gods, and have served them, and have worshipped them, and have forsaken me, and have not kept my law;

12 And ye have done worse than your fathers; for, behold, ye walk every one after the imagination of his evil heart, that they may not hearken unto me:

13 Therefore will I cast you out of this land into a land that ye know not, neither ye nor your fathers; and there shall ye serve other gods day and night; where I will not shew you favour.

14 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that it shall no more be said, The Lord liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;

15 But, The Lord liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.

16 Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. (Jeremiah 16:12-16)

Old 03-17-2008, 10:05 PM

Regarding the ten tribes, as you know, Israel split into two kingdoms after the death of Solomon. The kingdom in the north was called Israel and the kingdom in the South was called Judah. Judah consisted of the tribe of Judah and part of the tribe of Benjamin--and also levites which served in the temple. Israel consisted of the remaining 10 tribes. After an extensive period of wickedness Israel, or Ephraim as it was sometimes called, was destroyed and taken captive by the Assyrians in 721 BC. So complete was the destruction of Israel and so thorough their removal from Samaria that they became lost to the world. Apocryphal writings claim that they were released of the Assyrians and travelled North to a land that never a man lived, hopefully to be more faithful to God than they were in their former land.

The Kingdom of Judah was only a little better off than its sister to the north and survived intact for another 121 years, only to be taken captive by the Babylonians in 600 BC. There they served in captivity for about 70 years, until they were allowed to return and rebuild the temple by Cyrus, King of Persia who had conquered the Babylonians. Judah was never again to be an independent nation and was under various rulers until the Roman empire destroyed Jerusalem and scattered the Jews throughout the civilized world.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:15 PM

Part of the dispersion of Israel was already in progress when the Prophet Lehi was warned of God in a dream to take his family and flee into the wilderness. The Book of Mormon is a record of these people who were a branch of the tribes of Israel, from the house of Joseph. Interestingly, Jacob gave a blessing or prophecy to Joseph shortly before his death and prophesied that his seed would be like a bough over the wall--which we believe was in reference to his descendents being led to another land.

Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well; whose branches run over the wall: (Genesis 49:22)

Old 03-17-2008, 11:56 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,772,221 times
Sorry to interupt you zim Your postings are very beautiful and nicely written. However there is more to mormonism than the articles of faith, the book of mormon, d and c and and the pearl of great price...

I really feel the need to share this with those who may be lurking. This is a warning for those of you who really believe, don't click on the links if you're not ready. For those of you who may be investigating the church, there is some information that you will not find in the discussions...

These a but a few awarenesses that are not talked about by the church leaders today. Unfortunately there are many more. My hope is to spread enlightenment and truth, not to bash. I was as selective as I could be to provide truth on some of these topics. May your journeys be blessed!

YouTube - Joseph Smith's Polygamous Wives

YouTube - Joseph Smith the Translator

YouTube - Archaeological Proofs for the Book of Mormon

YouTube - Joseph Smith - Hail to the Prophet

YouTube - Mountain Meadow Massacre 9-11-1857 Blood Atonement Doctrine

YouTube - Mountain Meadow Massacre

YouTube - The Untold Story of the Death of Joseph Smith

And just so you know I'm unbiased, I also included some more inspiring ones. I hope you enjoy!

YouTube - We Believe

YouTube - No Ordinary Man

YouTube - Mary Did You Know

Last edited by moonsavvy; 03-18-2008 at 12:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity