Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 03:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

It is necessary to have a Trinity in the eyes of men, if you're going to Sacrifice One of them for your sins?
Scapegoatism is the act, or false practice of thinking you are appeasing the true and living Spirit.

In reality, it's merely assigning blame or failure to that of another, as to deflect attention or responsibility
away from yourself. Much like that of: "Its the Woman, YOU gave Me."

Old 04-06-2014, 04:39 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inattentive View Post
The Trinity is a noun coined by the early church as a word beyond Godhead to alternatively describe God in three forms
three persons (I prefer Godhead as its scripturally correct and three manifestations of the ONE God or His three roles. At the risk of manufacturing a doctrine or creating a replacement theology (which I will never do) its interesting that we apply a gender neutral God as HE. Traditionally this is the case why? I believe as a result mainly due to Jesus (man or male or a HE) is in the IMAGE (Male HE) of God or the Father. Since there is a THIRD form of God a third manifestation "some" bible scholars are still debating over the gender of the Holy Spirit why? In the original Hebrew the Holy Spirit is translated Ruach Ha'Kodosh which has a FEMALE connotation or meaning in Hebrew ( not to be confused with Mary the mother of Jesus THAT is replacement theology. Ruach Ha'Kodesh (Kodosh) is linked to YHWH, Yahweh, wind, Holy Spirit, breath, birth, spirit of Elohim. Ref: Ruach ha'Kodesh identiy revealed (You Tube). It's interesting, but for now I believe the spirit of God is HE based on Jesus being male (if that is enough) . The Holy Spirits is His spirit so for now He is appropriate?
The origin of Trinity:
Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:27 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
The origin of Trinity:
Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis 1 v 26 And God said ' let us.......'

The ' us ' is Not three persons.
Jesus was the beginning of the creation by God according to gospel writer John at Revelation 1 v 5; 3 v 14
All things come through Jesus meaning after Jesus all things come through Jesus.
Only God had No beginning - Psalm 90 v 2
Jesus was Not before the beginning as God was before the beginning.
Also, in Scripture God and Jesus are always in the masculine whereas God's spirit is neuter [ it / itself ]
At Numbers 11 vs 16,17, 25 God's spirit is referred to in the neuter ' it '.
In Greek grammar rules sometimes a neuter is called by masculine or feminine.
Such as we can properly refer to a ship or boat as a ' she ' although they are a neuter ' it' .

KJV at Romans 8 vs 16 and 26 uses the neuter ' itself ' in connection to God's spirit.
When God sends forth his spirit .......Psalm 104 v 30 - God is Not sending forth a part of a person.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:32 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LailaWithTheBaloon View Post
Who made the doctrine of the trinity? Was it made in the fourth century? Thanks
Man.

Trinity. The belief as so defined was reached only in the 4th and 5th centuries AD and hence is not explicitly and formally a biblical belief. The Spirit is “the spirit of the God” or “the holy spirit,” in this context a synonymous term. Deity [in the Bible] is conceived not in the G[ree]k [philosophical term] of nature but rather as a level of being ... What is less clear about the Spirit [in the Bible] is His personal reality: often He is mentioned in language in which His personal reality is not explicit....The O[ld] T[estament], does not contain suggestions or foreshadowing of the trinity of persons. (e.a.)-
Dictionary of the Bible, John McKenzie, S.J., (Society of Jesuits) 1965, pp. 899-(Emphasis added)

The formulation “one God in three Persons” was not solidly established, prior to the end of the 4th century...Among the Apostolic Fathers there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective [of a Trinity doctrine].- (e.a.), The New Catholic Encyclopedia Vol. XIV (14), p. 299.(Emphasis added)

When one does speak of unqualified [unlimited] Trinitarianism, one has moved from the period of Christian origins to, say the last quadrant of the 4th century ... the formula itself does not reflect the immediate consciousness of the period of origins; it was the product of 3 centuries of doctrinal development. (e.a.)New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1967, Vol. XIV, p. 295. (Emphasis added)

This does not mean however, that we consider the traditional Scripture proof text method as mandatory or even possible. In the sense of a definition the doctrine of the Trinity is stated nowhere in Scripture.-The Encyclopedia of the Lutheran Chruch, 1965, Vol. III, p. 2414. (Emphasis added)

Old 04-06-2014, 07:23 PM

650 posts, read 514,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It is necessary to have a Trinity in the eyes of men, if you're going to Sacrifice One of them for your sins?
Scapegoatism is the act, or false practice of thinking you are appeasing the true and living Spirit.

In reality, it's merely assigning blame or failure to that of another, as to deflect attention or responsibility
this wouldn't be the psychology in The Trinity because it is flawed . Christian would translate from the basic shaping, God made a rescue in the event Christianity.

so it would be an event , the reality of the story Christian and rescue event.

the other thread on this raised the matter of substantiating and was addressed with a link

( only attempting to answer these in the moment thought of questions or charges .)

So there is no scapegoat approach and the opposite, when God clothed the Son in a human form it was to rescue what couldn't properly rescue itself.

So the giving up or sacrifice to become man, and represent a value of not the weak but strong through the obedience or perfect life that is not possible for the biology man, opened the door for a possibility by god joining and coming down and doing the life....( the two natures)so man cannot say well god you don't know how impossible it is .

so whats left is virtue humble of heart, the same a god would of had to clothe in the human and experience the life starting off in virtue poverty cold in a stable on the run, not anything to do with scapegoat the opp.... virtue humble serves virtue charity and gods mercy and love for man follows adding to the explaining.( anyway my comp is not working that good this evening and it may show.

Last edited by alexcanter; 04-06-2014 at 08:41 PM..

Old 04-06-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcanter View Post
this wouldn't be the psychology in The Trinity because it is flawed . Christian would translate from the basic shaping, God made a rescue in the event Christianity.

so it would be an event , the reality of the story Christian and rescue event.

the other thread on this raised the matter of substantiating and was addressed with a link

(only attempting to answer these charges)

So there is no scapegoat approach and the opposite, when God clothed the Son in a human form it was to rescue what couldn't properly rescue itself.

So the giving up or sacrifice to become man, and represent a value of not the weak but strong through the obedience or perfect life that is not possible for the biology man, opened the door for a possibility by god joining and coming down and doing the life....( the two natures)so man cannot say well god you don't know how impossible it is to be perfect

so whats left is virtue humble of heart, the same a god would of had to clothe in the human and experience the life starting off in virtue poverty cold in a stable on the run, not anything to do with scapegoat the opp.... virtue humble serves virtue charity and gods mercy and love for man adds to the explaining.( anyway my comp is not working that good this evening and it may show.
What the Spirit did in delivering humanity is not what man thinks or believes.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:

formal statements somewhat true in some regard are very nice, but not sufficient.
used for sales & politics in order to program people.
people think about things and need a comprehensibility hence all the different thoughts and so on.

Last edited by alexcanter; 04-06-2014 at 09:16 PM..

Old 04-06-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcanter View Post
Formal statements somewhat true in some regard are very nice, but not sufficient.

used for sales & politics in order to program people.
Whatever, you say? But I am not into brainwashing.
Neither, am I controlled by systematic indoctrinations.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Whatever, you say? But I am not into brainwashing.
Neither, am I controlled by systematic indoctrinations.

Instead of addressing my complaint calling out " scapegoat"

it was reduced to a form of cliche, avoiding the original accusation scapegoat.

many studies explain the tactic which is used in politics and sales in order to brainwash and program, there is a lettered abre for it, I forget what it is, its part of manipulative programing.

Not saying intentional , although effect brainwashing tactic. (anyway I gotta go do some things.

Last edited by alexcanter; 04-06-2014 at 09:40 PM..

Old 04-07-2014, 02:40 AM

44 posts, read 34,736 times
expatCA: So, you say the belief as so defined was reached only in the 4th and 5th centuries AD. Doesn't it exist a date of when the church started using the doctrine of the trinity? Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity