Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2014, 05:19 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croref View Post
Obviously then, you are not a Christian who has the capability for understanding the issues surrounding God and His Son, Jesus Christ. Why I say this is because understanding from the Bible is by revelation. The scriptures are not for anyone to grasp other than a serious Christian because its message speaks of the ways of God. They are for the new born of Him for their advancement in knowing God in an intimate way; as He purposes to be known..
Nope, I'm PROUD to say I'm not a christian, and nor am I brainwashed into seeing things that don't exist! I am my own god.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:20 PM

441 posts, read 392,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
Nope, I'm PROUD to say I'm not a christian, and nor am I brainwashed into seeing things that don't exist!
That is your misfortune, not mine.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croref View Post
That is your misfortune, not mine.
I'm happy to say I'm fortunate!

Old 04-16-2014, 05:22 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
No, of course not. Jesus was a man, a son of God just like the rest of us. God is the one and only God.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
No, of course not. Jesus was a man, a son of God just like the rest of us. God is the one and only God.
Well, I am my OWN god, and the only one I believe in.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:30 PM

225 posts, read 162,015 times
[quote]=Croref;34374809]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamACatholic View Post
All well and true . . . . ))

Two questions: What did Jesus say He came to do and when was He sent into the world to begin doing it?
He came in Public Minisrty as the God-man berween 27 and 30 AD [modern caculation]

WHY: Matthew 9:13
"Go then and learn what this meaneth, I will have mercy and not sacrifice. For I am not come to call the just, but sinners"

This is the one of the Primary reasons, there ARE others.

Thanks for asking,
IamACAtholic

Patrick

Old 04-16-2014, 05:38 PM

225 posts, read 162,015 times
Quote:
=Huckleberry3911948;34395510]Depends if u r a kjv reader he is son of god
If u r baptist he might be god
If u r catholic not only is he god so are his parents and all relatives
Slow down their Friend:

For CATHOLICS

Jesus IS God

BUT His BIRTH parents] are NOT!

Luke 1: 16-36
"And in the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent from God into a city of Galilee, called Nazareth, [27] To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin' s name was Mary. [28] And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. [29] Who having heard, was troubled at his saying, and thought with herself what manner of salutation this should be. [30] And the angel said to her: Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

[31] Behold thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and shalt bring forth a son; and thou shalt call his name Jesus. [32] He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the most High; and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of David his father; and he shall reign in the house of Jacob for ever. [33] And of his kingdom there shall be no end. [34] And Mary said to the angel: How shall this be done, because I know not man? [35] And the angel answering, said to her: The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the most High shall overshadow thee. And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God

While Mary is therefore the MOTHER OF GOD:
Jesus is God; Mary is His Mother

Joseph is only his Foster father and legal guardian by Jewisj Laws.

John 10:30
"I and the Father are one."

John 3: 13-17
"Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to the Jordan, unto John, to be baptized by him. [14] But John stayed him, saying: I ought to be baptized by thee, and comest thou to me? [15] And Jesus answering, said to him: Suffer it to be so now. For so it becometh us to fulfill all justice. Then he suffered him. [16] And Jesus being baptized, forthwith came out of the water: [GOD THE SON]and lo, the heavens were opened to him: and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, [GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT] and coming upon him. [17] And behold a voice from heaven, saying: This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. [GOD THE FATHER] Amen!

IamACatholic

Patrick

Old 04-16-2014, 05:59 PM

[quote=IamACatholic;34398188]
Quote:
=Croref;34374809]

He came in Public Minisrty as the God-man berween 27 and 30 AD [modern caculation]

WHY: Matthew 9:13
"Go then and learn what this meaneth, I will have mercy and not sacrifice. For I am not come to call the just, but sinners"

This is the one of the Primary reasons, there ARE others.

Thanks for asking,
IamACAtholic

Patrick
I believe that is all well and true though I think the God-man part can be better explained for reasons new born man of the Father can rejoice in with great hope. My choice for why He came would be to do the will of His Father and "that man might have life and have it more abundantly". All else, including the cross, would be incidental to this.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:37 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamACatholic View Post
Slow down their Friend:

For CATHOLICS

Jesus IS God

BUT His BIRTH parents] are NOT!

Luke 1: 16-36
"And in the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent from God into a city of Galilee, called Nazareth, [27] To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin' s name was Mary. [28] And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. [29] Who having heard, was troubled at his saying, and thought with herself what manner of salutation this should be. [30] And the angel said to her: Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

[31] Behold thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and shalt bring forth a son; and thou shalt call his name Jesus. [32] He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the most High; and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of David his father; and he shall reign in the house of Jacob for ever. [33] And of his kingdom there shall be no end. [34] And Mary said to the angel: How shall this be done, because I know not man? [35] And the angel answering, said to her: The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the most High shall overshadow thee. And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God

While Mary is therefore the MOTHER OF GOD:
Jesus is God; Mary is His Mother

Joseph is only his Foster father and legal guardian by Jewisj Laws.

John 10:30
"I and the Father are one."

John 3: 13-17
"Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to the Jordan, unto John, to be baptized by him. [14] But John stayed him, saying: I ought to be baptized by thee, and comest thou to me? [15] And Jesus answering, said to him: Suffer it to be so now. For so it becometh us to fulfill all justice. Then he suffered him. [16] And Jesus being baptized, forthwith came out of the water: [GOD THE SON]and lo, the heavens were opened to him: and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, [GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT] and coming upon him. [17] And behold a voice from heaven, saying: This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. [GOD THE FATHER] Amen!

IamACatholic

Patrick
GINOLJC to all,

True, Mary is just the surrogate Mother to the Christ, (his flesh, he came in). nothing biologically connected unto them. Mary just bore the Flesh, and that’s all. she did not bare the spirit, only the flesh. that’s what the Lord Jesus always called her “woman”. because that’s just what she is, a woman who bore his flesh.

be blessed.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
GINOLJC to all,

True, Mary is just the surrogate Mother to the Christ, (his flesh, he came in). nothing biologically connected unto them. Mary just bore the Flesh, and that’s all. she did not bare the spirit, only the flesh. that’s what the Lord Jesus always called her “woman”. because that’s just what she is, a woman who bore his flesh.

be blessed.
Nothing biological, you say? So Jesus wasn't part of Adam's race? In that case He could not have taken upon Him the sins of WHOLE world. Our faith is in vain.

Perhaps you should re-think your declaration, me thinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity