Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 02:21 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,225,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Please 101c let me know who is the "ME" the spirit of the Lord is upon. Thank you.
Listen closely, the "ME" is the ARM of the LORD. got it?.......

PCY.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:28 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Listen closely, the "ME" is the ARM of the LORD. got it?.......

PCY.
So it was God's arm?, i see . So tell me why then the arm of God needed anointing when it was already God.

I went to see the doctor the other day. He said 'I'd like you to lie on the couch'.
I said 'What for?' He said 'I'd like to sweep the floor

Old 03-25-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So it was God's arm?, i see . So tell me why then the arm of God needed anointing when it was already God.

I went to see the doctor the other day. He said 'I'd like you to lie on the couch'.
I said 'What for?' He said 'I'd like to sweep the floor
thanks for the reply,

BINGO, but "he" is God's own ARM, not it.

#2. GREAT question, thank you JESUS, what a wonderful question, "So tell me why then the arm of God needed anointing" ...... I love this. listen, because he was in flesh, and let's back this up with scripture,

Philippians 2:6-8 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross".

one more, John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth".

see, by coming in flesh he G2758 κενόω kenoo himself, EVEN UNTO DEATH. by doing that, he was AUTHORIZED or giving "AUTHORITY" to do the will of the Father in FLESH.

I wish you had read my post on the arm of God. I'll see if I can find it.

see anointing is an endowment or the authority or the authorization to carry out an objective.

Boy oh boy, this is good. understand the Father, God the Spirit is subjective or abstract.his ARM was made bare, (meaning in flesh) is the Objective, which is concrete to do the will of the one who sent him.

now to use your example. if the doctor told you to pick up a penny on the floor that he was sweeping, question, "who picked up the penny off the floor, you the spirit or your "fleshly" arm and hand. and I hope you'are "Right" handed........ (smile).. like God in his RIGHT HAND and his RIGHT ARM

you picked up the penny because your arm and hands are you.
always remember, Spirit is abstract, the subject, and the spirit directs the body which is concrete, the object. are you getting this

see your arm or hand don't do what it wants to do on it's own, no. as in the example, the arm and hand was "AUTHORIZED" from the brain to pick up the penny from off the floor. scripture, "not to do my will but his"......... understand now. that the reason for the anointing, "AUTHORIZATION".

PCY

this is a good discussion, this is how it suppose to be, ask a question, get an answer that can be substantiated by scripture.

Old 03-25-2018, 03:07 PM

pcamps, you're in luck, I found the post.

it's under the topic "The Holy Trinity is not a mystery anymore". page 76 Post #759

PCY.

Old 03-25-2018, 06:54 PM

Disciple Ananias knew the Lord Jesus is God.

Acts chapter 9, Saul on the road to Damascus.

question, "who choose the apostle Paul then Saul, as his vessel?”. was it a. the one whom you calls the Father, or b. the one you call the Son, or was it someone else. Once we answer this question without a doubt one will know that JESUS is the ONLY TRUE GOD who came in flesh.

Let’s pick up the account. Acts 9:15 "But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel”. see that word “chosen” it’s the Greek word G1589 ἐκλογή ekloge (ek-lo-ǰee') n.
(divine) selection (abstractly or concretely).
[from G1586]
KJV: chosen, election

some might say well the FATHER chose Paul, then Saul for his son Jesus, ok, that's an alternative, but let's see if it bare out.

keep that definition in mine because we’ll be coming back to it. now there is a second version or another account of the same story found in Acts 22. Paul, then Saul recount what happened to him in more detail while speaking to the Jews at Jerusalem. Acts 22:10 "And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do. 11 And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus. 12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there, 13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him. 14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth”.

What did Ananias say? the God of WHO?, “OUR FATHERS” have chosen thee. so it was the God of our fathers that chose Paul. father's here meaning Abraham, Issac, and Jacob... ect the Patriarch, the God of the old testament. Note, the Greek word used here for, chosen: G4400 προχειρίζομαι procheirizomai (pro-chei-riy'-zo-mai) v.
1. to handle for oneself in advance.
2. (figuratively) to purpose.
[middle voice from G4253 and a derivative of G5495]

KEEP THIS WORD IN MIND, BECAUSE WE WILL BE COMING BACK TO IT ALSO.

Here in Acts 22:14, it is said, “the one who chose Paul, then Saul is the God of the fathers”. the God of the O.T. keep that in mind.

but there is a third account of the same story by our preacher and doctor Luke, according to his testimony of the apostle Paul before king Agrippa . listen, Acts 26:14 "And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. 16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee”.

note that word "to make"

Here is the Revelation,

in Acts 22:14 Ananias said “The God of our Father have chosen Saul” right. But look at the word “make” in verse 16 here. It’s the Greek word G4400 προχειρίζομαι procheirizomai (pro-chei-riy'-zo-mai) v.
1. to handle for oneself in advance.
2. (figuratively) to purpose.
[middle voice from G4253 and a derivative of G5495]

This is the exact same word used in Acts 22:14 by Ananias, when he said the God of our Fathers, meaning the God of the O.T "Chose" Paul. but here chapter 26 it is the Lord Jesus speaking according to Paul. But what’s important is this Greek word is only used in these two account only. STOP, what do this mean? The answer, it means the Lord Jesus is the God of the father of the Old Testament. YES, the same one who spoke to Saul, now Paul is the Lord Jesus, but now GLORIFIED in Spirit.

This Greek word G4400 προχειρίζομαι procheirizomai (pro-chei-riy'-zo-mai) v. is only found in these two scriptures of Acts 22:14 and Acts 26:16 and no where else.

So Ananias, a disciple of the early church knew that Jesus is God in the flesh, and that he is the God of the OT.

I suggest one read those accounts again, and look up the greek word G4400 προχειρίζομαι procheirizomai (pro-chei-riy'-zo-mai) v. ans see if it’s used anywhere else.

PCY.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:19 PM

The Bible gets smaller as one learns and understand. and with that learning and by putting a thing in proper perspective the Bible gets easy to read with understanding.

Knowledge is Power in Christ Jesus, WHY? because, 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God".

Proverbs 8:22 "The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

Proverbs 8:23 "I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

Proverbs 8:24 "When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

Proverbs 8:25 "Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth".

John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:4 "In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John 1:5 "And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

PCY.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:01 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,692,812 times
King David's son became one with the Right Arm of God at his Baptism.. that is the only Legal part that is required for men to understand. It is the only one legally binding being witnessed by the son of the high priest ( John the Baptist. )and other men and why it was done the way it was to make sure EVERYONE witnessed the legal binding part..!
it was a legally binding act or covenant. because FaTHER God's kingdom is first and foremost LAWFUL!

Old 03-26-2018, 09:55 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,861,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
King David's son became one with the Right Arm of God at his Baptism.. that is the only Legal part that is required for men to understand. It is the only one legally binding being witnessed by the son of the high priest ( John the Baptist. )and other men and why it was done the way it was to make sure EVERYONE witnessed the legal binding part..!
it was a legally binding act or covenant. because FaTHER God's kingdom is first and foremost LAWFUL!
King David’s son was Solomon...

Old 03-27-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Xuipa, come to the head of the class. not that he became, he was the RIGHT ARM in Flesh and was Authorized at Baptism. (so being, or becoming that Right ARM AT BAPTISM), I can go with that in a sense.

I commend you for your insight. Good Job. I know many don't know or understand "diversity" as I do, but I must admit you surprised me there in your understanding.

I'm not hard a hard person to get along with, I just love truth and NOT a lie. now yes people make errors, we all do, but lying is not necessary when the truth is available. if one doesn't know just be quiet, or say I don't know. honour come when one tells the truth.

so Yes I give you credit because you're right. and also this was a LEGAL requirement, as was with his BIRTH in the House of David. which gave LEGAL RIGHT to the throne, again you're right.

as well with John the Baptist. his Baptism was from God an ordinance, meaning it was LEGAL scripture to read, Matthew 21:23-27

thanks for that eye-opener. John the Baptist was in the order of as priest line, from his Father. Both John and the Lord Jesus was Priest. I must add this to my two witnesses dialogue. THANKS AGAIN.

it's just amazing when Two Christian talks God reveal things.

PCY.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:15 AM

Since we know that Jesus is God from 1 of his disciple Ananias, let's look at another one in a text.

Titus 1:4 "To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour".

here we have two entities, God = Father, and Lord = Jesus Christ, so who is "SAVIOUR" ?

now, this,

Titus 2:13 "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ". see it's speaking of Jesus Christ as Saviour. .... so speaking of Person here in Titus 2, when the term or the word God is used it's speaking of the FATHER. ok, let's see.

Titus 2:10 "Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things".

God our Saviour, but I thought the Lord Jesus is our Saviour?

Remember God here in Titus is the "Father". read Titus 1:1 again,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity