Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2018, 07:02 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
I want to keep you right there in the "nope" category. ....

see ya.........

PCY.
Nope...Still isn’t answered...

Old 04-12-2018, 06:27 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,725 times
One God, one Spirit, one Person.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God".

The "Word was GOD". God is a Spirit, (John 4:24a) so the Word was Spirit.

1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow".

the Spirit/Word was in, in, in, the prophets of OLD, supportive scripture, 2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost".

the Holy Ghost.... is the Holy Spirit.

THE WORD OF THE LORD OT

Genesis 15:1 After these things THE WORD OF THE LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Genesis 15:4 And, behold, THE WORD OF THE LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.

Exodus 9:20 He that feared THE WORD OF THE LORD among the servants of Pharaoh made his servants and his cattle flee into the houses:

Numbers 3:16 And Moses numbered them according to THE WORD OF THE LORD, as he was commanded.

Numbers 3:51 And Moses gave the money of them that were redeemed unto Aaron and to his sons, according to THE WORD OF THE LORD, as the LORD commanded Moses.

Numbers 4:45 These be those that were numbered of the families of the sons of Merari, whom Moses and Aaron numbered according to THE WORD OF THE LORD by the hand of Moses.

Numbers 15:31 Because he hath despised THE WORD OF THE LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 5:5 (I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to shew you THE WORD OF THE LORD: for ye were afraid by reason of the fire, and went not up into the mount saying,

1 Samuel 3:1 And the child Samuel ministered unto the LORD before Eli. And THE WORD OF THE LORD was precious in those days; there was no open vision.

1 Samuel 15:10 Then came THE WORD OF THE LORD unto Samuel, saying,

2 Samuel 7:4 And it came to pass that night, that THE WORD OF THE LORD came unto Nathan, saying,

2 Samuel 22:31 As for God, his way is perfect; THE WORD OF THE LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.

A buckler?, is not that the LORD?, scripture, Psalms 18:2 "The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

how clear are the scriptures? people say they believe the scriptures, well is the Lord the "Buckler" the Word?. John 1:1 say so. and you?.

PCY.

Old 04-14-2018, 06:18 AM

Jesus is God,

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning JESUS created the heaven and the earth".

ain't that something. clear as air. keep it simple.

PCY.

Old 04-14-2018, 06:25 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
God is the word and the word was made flesh and dwelt among us. Yes Jesus is God.

Old 04-14-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
God is the word and the word was made flesh and dwelt among us. Yes Jesus is God.
Amen.

Old 04-14-2018, 12:26 PM

Let's push the envelope a bit further.

we know that Jesus is the WORD.

Scripture, Genesis 15:1 After these things THE WORD OF THE LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward".

The Word of the LORD "CAME"? 2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

How do you know this Peter,

1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow".

STOP, the "Spirit" of Christ?, that was IN, IN, these men "MOVED" them to testify? so it was JESUS the Holy Spirit in these holy men. let's check the record.

God is "a" Spirit, John 4:24a.

and there is only ONE "Spirit",

Ephesians 4:4 "There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:5 "One Lord, one faith, one baptism".

one Spirit.... and that one Spirit is the Holy Spirit..... and that one Holy Spirit "MOVED" those holy men, those holy prophets of Old. which this one "Spirit" was in them which is the Spirit of Christ.

what are the scriptures saying here. the Spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit who is JESUS, the Word of God that was made flesh.

this is what the scriptures are saying.

How beautiful are the scriptures?

Isaiah 28:9 "Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Isaiah 28:11 "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

now, no longer is the stammering lips and another tongue is in effect. a NEW TONGUE is in place.

supportive scripture, Mark 16:17 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues"

a new tongue is a new rain.

PCY

Old 04-14-2018, 04:07 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If Jesus is his own God, then how does one explain John 1:18 that No man has seen God at any time.
I find according to the Bible that men saw Jesus.
Also, at 1st John 4:12 gospel writer John again says that No man has seen God at any time.
Plus, Exodus 33:20 lets us know we can Not see God and live. People saw Jesus and lived.

Old 04-14-2018, 04:14 PM

Mark chapter 16 ends at verse 8.
The style of writing changes after verse 8
Both Jerome and Eusebius believed Mark 16 ended at verse 8
There are No corresponding cross-reference verses as there is with the rest of Mark before verse 8.
So, Mark 16:17 the speaking in ' new tongues ' (languages) is an added on verse Not part of the original manuscripts.
Also, please remember that Jesus did Not go to heaven right away according to Mark 16:1-8.
So, there is No way Jesus went up to heaven that day as Mark 16:19 says.

Old 04-14-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Jesus is God,
Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning JESUS created the heaven and the earth".
ain't that something. clear as air. keep it simple.
PCY.
Please post which Bible (Hebrew Scripture) says 'JESUS' at Genesis 1:1 _________________________

Old 04-14-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
Father, Son and Holy Spirit. All one and the same.
God and Jesus are always masculine gender, never neuter gender.
However, God's spirit is neuter as "it" at Numbers 11:17,25.
Greek grammar rules allow a neuter to be in the masculine gender.
So, does English as we might refer to a car or a ship as a 'she ' although they remain a neuter "it".
God sends forth His spirit according to Psalm 104:30.
We also find God's spirit in Job's nose according to Job 27:3
NIV changed "itself" to himself at Romans 8:16,26, but doing that does Not make God's spirit a person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity