Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 06:22 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamACatholic View Post
Actually it is:13-17 "John 3: "Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him.
[14] John would have prevented him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?"
[15] But Jesus answered him, "Let it be so now; for thus it is fitting for us to fulfil all righteousness." Then he consented. [16] And when Jesus [#2 God the Son] was baptized, he went up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit [#3 God the Holy Spirit] of God descending like a dove, and alighting on him; [17] and lo, a voice from heaven, saying, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.[#1 God the Father]

Then their are NUMEROUS passages identifying EACH of the three througout the NT

So now my FRIEND you can tell God what He MUST do

God Bless you!

Patrick
Yes the informal Trinity is easily found in the Bible. But there is no passage mentioning all three and saying they are three people but one substance/being. That is the core of what the formal doctrine of the Trinity is, and it's not in the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 06:40 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanct View Post
No I'm not projecting any feelings. But why say that what he believed was being reduced? Why be sarcastic? Maybe I jumped to conclusions too early. If so then I apologize.

I just know that if I was Trout, and I already don't feel comfortable explaining my beliefs to people of a different religion. Then after someone talking to me and I may feel like opening up, someone else makes a sarcastic comment. I would probably keep the wall up and my mouth shut.

If I'm wrong I apologize, but that's the way it seemed.
Ah, Grasshopper, you underestimate my years and the growth rings on my psyche.

I need no shielding from the slings and arrows of those who (mis)judge me. Nor do I need it from the one or two who land an occasional telling blow.

Those are the ones that add the aforementioned growth rings.

I believe you are a genuine (and probably young) questor of truth. I am a near-elderly one. Our hearts are not as far apart as our paths.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:59 PM

123 posts, read 73,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Ah, Grasshopper, you underestimate my years and the growth rings on my psyche.

I need no shielding from the slings and arrows of those who (mis)judge me. Nor do I need it from the one or two who land an occasional telling blow.

Those are the ones that add the aforementioned growth rings.

I believe you are a genuine (and probably young) questor of truth. I am a near-elderly one. Our hearts are not as far apart as our paths.
I was always taught that if I were to talk to somebody to talk with some respect and I can't stand it when people judge others because of their beliefs. Someone told me I was going to Hell a while back just because I'm a Roman Catholic. He judged me because of what some guy did a long time ago that was not very Christian. He also treated other Christians like dirt because of what they were wearing or because they sinned. He was driving people away from God because he was showing God's wrath rather than God's compassion. He told others that they couldn't be saved from Hell. That there was no salvation. I don't want anyone else to be treated like that.

I don't want anyone to be belittled because they are of a different faith/ tradition. It's not right. I'm a Catholic. I was taught to tell of God's LOVE and that there is always a second chance if you mess up. God is LOVE. He wants us to love one another. Be respectful to one another. I told you that you wouldn't going to be judged if you shared what you believe. Then I asked something and somebody else put something that seemed negative so I said something. My word means something and I don't want anyone to be lied to, especially by me.

Old 03-07-2015, 05:05 PM

225 posts, read 162,040 times
Quote:
=sanct;38717743]I just don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable sharing what they believe. I joined to help others and to learn what others believe.
Good and very good

But in doing so are you suggesting we hide from thee truth

God Bless you!

Patrick

Old 03-07-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
=godofthunder9010;38717830]Yes the informal Trinity is easily found in the Bible. But there is no passage mentioning all three and saying they are three people but one substance/being. That is the core of what the formal doctrine of the Trinity is, and it's not in the Bible.
OK but:

READ please my prior post after reading Mt. 16:18-19 and Mt.28:18-20

"the terms Jesus used in the 1st passage with the term "bind and loose" and YOU and will be Cf. Accepted in Heaven [By God that is]

And in the second passage Jesus specifies WHO He wants [and protects] to Teach His[necessarily singular faith Eph. 4:1-7] by commanding YOU GO! and then assuring us they He WOULD remain with THEM [plural of "you" for EVER.

That said the passage I shared as well as the numerous passages that identify the Trinity as TRIUNE collectively bear the same weight of authority and TRUTH [always singular] and the specifics you somehow deem to be necessary

Matthew 4:4
"Who answered and said: It is written, Not in bread alone doth man live, but in every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God"

Matthew 7:8
"For every one that asketh, receiveth: and he that seeketh, findeth: and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened"

Harden not your heart

"Hebrews 4:7
"Again he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, Today, after so long a time, as it is above said: Today if you shall hear his voice, harden not your heart"

God Bless you and lead you to HIS Truth. Amen

Patrick

Old 03-07-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Good and very good

But in doing so are you suggesting we hide from thee truth

God Bless you!

Patrick
No religion, no denomination, no non-denomination, has "the" truth.

Old 03-07-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
=TroutDude;38728622]No religion, no denomination, no non-denomination, has "the" truth.
Thank you for sahring YOUR opinion

How are you going to convince God of that:rolleyes

God BLESS you,

Patrick

Old 03-07-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Thank you for sahring YOUR opinion

How are you going to convince God of that:rolleyes

God BLESS you,

Patrick
God is the one who told me.

Bless you too.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:13 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
God is the one who told me.

Bless you too.
God told you there is no truth? Are you sure it was God?

Old 03-08-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
God told you there is no truth? Are you sure it was God?
Read it more carefully, janelle.

And yeah, quite sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity