Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 07:20 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,933,611 times

Advertisements

- When I was reading about Jesus being buried
and the scriptural fact that 100 Pounds Of Herbs and Aloes were used?

I wondered why it is no one has ever said anything about
finding any stains or residue from these substances on The Shroud Of Turin.

Instead just some pollen as proof from the region of origin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 12:47 PM

126 posts, read 142,472 times
Does the face on the shroud look like the face of a person that has been beaten beyond recognition ?

Isaiah 52:14 KJV - As many were astonied at thee; his - Bible Gateway

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...hroud+of+turin

Old 04-27-2014, 04:26 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
I've always held out hope that the Shroud would be proven authentic, at least as far as science is concerned. Things like age, pollon, other things that the OP has asked about.

Alas, I am satisfied that the shroud is a fake, closing down one more ambiguity in the efforts of the faithful to use science to "prove" their faith.

Fortunately, I have come to understand that the message of Jesus is not dependent upon verification by science, which has an entirely different purpose and end.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:16 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
^This

Old 04-27-2014, 07:43 PM

53 posts, read 99,221 times
Not sure if it is real or not

Old 04-27-2014, 09:21 PM

335 posts, read 409,932 times
Well Revelation Writer after our bible group did our own investigation we discovered that the original curators (examiners )
flawed many of the testing not withstanding carbon dating, material examined was from cloth repaired hundreds of years later after a fire that cause the Shroud damage. The Head curator was fined and jailed for accepting a bribe from a group of sin doctors who donated monies to his university only if the Shroud was questionable in their report.
The Shroud has many similarities to Jesus as the blood stains were marks placed in logical areas. Jesus had either broken His nose or has cartilage damage when he carried (tied) the horizontal portion of the cross. The Shroud showed that the person crucified had nails between the ulnar and radial bones ,He had a spear entry ,crown of thorns ,120 flagrum whip marks (40 X3 ) , The soon to be published "missed" finding discovered by a Christian messianic in St Petersburg Florida dida HD photo of the foehead shin that when analyzed id Christ nailed to the cross. The pollen is only found in Jerusalem and no where else . I have about 20 more significant findings and I believe without question the Shroud is the image of Jesus .

Old 04-27-2014, 09:37 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,990,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
- When I was reading about Jesus being buried
and the scriptural fact that 100 Pounds Of Herbs and Aloes were used?

I wondered why it is no one has ever said anything about
finding any stains or residue from these substances on The Shroud Of Turin.

Instead just some pollen as proof from the region of origin.
I have to wonder why no one has said anything about the 'napkin' being placed over Christ's face and found laying separate from the other 'wrapping'? Also why no one has mentioned the Gr. word othonion [linen clothes] which means stripes of cloth used to wrap a body? This would make sense to me in regards to the spices used to anoint His body.

Last edited by mshipmate; 04-27-2014 at 09:47 PM..

Old 04-27-2014, 10:11 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
The Shroud Of Turin, OR A Shread Of Truth ?
You mean, "NOT A Shred of Truth".

Old 04-28-2014, 06:40 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,933,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
You mean, "NOT A Shred of Truth".
Dang, yes I do. Thanks. LOL

Old 04-28-2014, 09:29 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
I have to wonder why no one has said anything about the 'napkin' being placed over Christ's face and found laying separate from the other 'wrapping'? Also why no one has mentioned the Gr. word othonion [linen clothes] which means stripes of cloth used to wrap a body? This would make sense to me in regards to the spices used to anoint His body.
I'm with you on this...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity