Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 03:44 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
We can't. We can only sense a glimpse of Truth and try to reach for more.
Good stuff. As usual!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 03:47 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
We can't. We can only sense a glimpse of Truth and try to reach for more.
Good point.

Even the sabbath, if some chose to keep it would not make a person more or less moral, not keeping it would not either. Not studying the issue and trying to make a personal decision based on what is found in scripture would be choosing a less than moral path.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:39 PM

1,030 posts, read 840,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
I've read that in South Africa, they have 7 work days a week, but I think Sunday is a half day. This is in an overwhelmingly Christian country. Are they breaking the 3rd commandment by doing this? Not that I'm encouraging making Sunday a work week in more places, as if most of us aren't overworked as it is... I'm just curious.
Unless you are a Jew living in the past dispensation you have no need for concern. The Jewish Sabbath was given to them only and was not Sunday.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Actually, it is the 4th Commandment. It is only the 3rd Commandment according to the Catholic Papacy. Either way, the true Sabbath is Saturday and one is supposed to reat on that day and do no work.
Oh that's right. They had to get rid of one that the break so they split in half and dropped the one they don't like. If they only knew that they are not under the law perhaps they could come to Christ.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:25 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,760,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
Oh that's right. They had to get rid of one that the break so they split in half and dropped the one they don't like. If they only knew that they are not under the law perhaps they could come to Christ.
Actually, we are under the 10 Commandments. It is the Law of Moses that was nailed on the Cross. You are wrong about the Sabbath only being for the Jews. Jesus, Himself, said that if we loved Him, we would follow His Father's Commandments. You can't change that and take it out of the New Testament, no matter how much you would like.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Actually, we are under the 10 Commandments. It is the Law of Moses that was nailed on the Cross. You are wrong about the Sabbath only being for the Jews. Jesus, Himself, said that if we loved Him, we would follow His Father's Commandments. You can't change that and take it out of the New Testament, no matter how much you would like.
But Jesus said that to Jews and not Gentiles since He was not set to any but Israel. You can't change that or take it out of the New Testament, no matter how much you would like to.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:18 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
We live by the Spirit of the 10 commandments not the letter.

Romans 7:4 4We know that the law is spiritual

Old 05-01-2014, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
But Jesus said that to Jews and not Gentiles since He was not set to any but Israel. You can't change that or take it out of the New Testament, no matter how much you would like to.
You are wrong of course. Jesus said it to the Jews and Gentiles. BTW, the Jews follow the Torah, The Law, which happens to be the first 5 books of the Bible. Even the Jews would call you on your statements. I know this since I attended a Synagogue for over a year.

You don't want to follow Christ? Fine, then don't follow, but don't try to change the facts to suit your false narratives.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
We live by the Spirit of the 10 commandments not the letter.

Romans 7:4 4We know that the law is spiritual
It is both. I really don't understand why nso many people have so much trouble with how to understand the total context of what they read. Stop cherry picking your darn scriptures. That is spiritual immaturity.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:56 AM

Quote:
You are wrong of course. Jesus said it to the Jews and Gentiles. BTW, the Jews follow the Torah, The Law, which happens to be the first 5 books of the Bible. Even the Jews would call you on your statements. I know this since I attended a Synagogue for over a year.

You don't want to follow Christ? Fine, then don't follow, but don't try to change the facts to suit your false narratives.
Well I shall continue to follow Jesus and believe what He said even when you say it's a lie.

Romans 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Galatians 2:21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Romans 6:15
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Last edited by Rightly Divided; 05-01-2014 at 08:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity