Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the Virgin Mary in heaven?
Yes 29 74.36%
No 10 25.64%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 02:37 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
While it may not say that these children of Mary are her children the scripture do say explicit that she lost her virginity and had sex. That is indisputable. The scriptures say Mary and Joseph had sex after Jesus was born.
I don't believe intercourse was described in the NT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 03:00 PM

368 posts, read 391,588 times
Quote:
the scripture do say explicit that she lost her virginity and had sex. That is indisputable. The scriptures say Mary and Joseph had sex after Jesus was born.
Your statement is an absolute and "indisputable" falsehood; the scriptures do NOT say anything of the kind, and you bear false witness against the word of God when you claim that they do.
Why in the world do you think it is remotely acceptable to make blatantly untrue statements about what is written in the Bible, especially since all that it takes to prove that your statement is false is to look at the words on the page?

Old 05-10-2014, 03:01 PM

1,030 posts, read 840,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
But, you guys the to teach a consensus.

Strange sentence structure. Who are the "you guys" you refer to? You are the only one saying "sola Scriptura" Who are these people?

Old 05-10-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I don't believe intercourse was described in the NT.
You do not have to "discribe" intercourse to say someone had sex, which the NT say's Mary and Joseph had after Jesus was born.

Old 05-10-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWhiteBlue View Post
Your statement is an absolute and "indisputable" falsehood; the scriptures do NOT say anything of the kind, and you bear false witness against the word of God when you claim that they do.
Why in the world do you think it is remotely acceptable to make blatantly untrue statements about what is written in the Bible, especially since all that it takes to prove that your statement is false is to look at the words on the page?
What I said is an absolute fact. What bible do you use?

Old 05-10-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
What I said is an absolute fact. What bible do you use?
What you have said is an absolute falsehood, which you compound by reaffirming it.

If your statement were true, you could simply cite a verse -- but because it is a blatant untruth, you can't.

The arrogant blasphemy of this attempt to claim that imaginary and invented statements are inspired scripture that can be found in the Bible, and to do so in order to denigrate the Blessed Virgin Mary for sectarian purposes, makes me shudder.

Last edited by GreenWhiteBlue; 05-10-2014 at 03:26 PM..

Old 05-10-2014, 03:12 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times
Quote:
Strange sentence structure. Who are the "you guys" you refer to? You are the only one saying "sola Scriptura" Who are these people?
Sorry, I texted from my phone.

You people need to reach a consensus.

Old 05-10-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I texted from my phone.

You people need to reach a consensus.
Who are "you people"? Do you mean black people like Ross Perot?
Do you mean Christians?
Do you mean anti roman cult people?

And what do you want these "you people" to reach consensus on specifically?

Old 05-10-2014, 04:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Who are "you people"? Do you mean black people like Ross Perot?
He's white.

Old 05-10-2014, 04:01 PM

RightlyDivided, you have been caught in a falsehood but have done nothing about it.

Either prove that your claim about what can be found in Scripture is not untrue by citing a verse that supports your assertion (which of course you cannot do), or be honest, admit that you made a false claim, and retract it.

Simply trying to brazen it out by ignoring the fact that you were caught is not going to help your case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity