Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 01:17 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
That's right, don't show people their sin like Jesus did.

You just don't have a clue do you?
Jesus showed her her sin? If you think saying to her go sin no more is pointing out her sin to her, no wonder you are always speaking about and against sin.Christianity is about the righteousness of God not what you and the rest of ya do not approve of. Being conscious of one sets you free, being conscious of the other keeps you in defeat and failure. When you read scripture like a fundamentalists those rocks that they had in their hands to stone her are no different to the beliefs of the fundamentalist.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:30 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
I like the part about "Those without sin"..Kind of stuck to my brain

Old 05-14-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I like the part about "Those without sin"..Kind of stuck to my brain
Exactly Miss Blue, we cannot condemn what we do not approve in another without what we are condemning showing up in our own lives. out we do the same thing and we condemning sinners brings judgement upon ourselves.

It really is amazing how someone can look at that story in the light of such love, grace and mercy being shown by him who had no sin, and try and justify a right to judge sin. Is "you that are without sin", not in the bibles they read ?. I always thought that much of christendom believed they are just poor old miserable sinners saved by grace, well, if they really do believe that, why are they are calling out sin in others thinking they are doing God a service ?.

Old 05-14-2014, 02:57 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Exactly Miss Blue, we cannot condemn what we do not approve in another without what we are condemning showing up in our own lives.
Remember those words when you type up your next post to condemn those evil / corrupt bible-worshipping bibleans.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Remember those words when you type up your next post to condemn those evil / corrupt bible-worshipping bibleans.

Jesus had a few choice words for you too, for condemning everyone and everything you do not approve of.
You need to get over calling everything rude and insulting because people dismiss what you believe and refuse to accept it in any shape or form.

Old 05-14-2014, 04:38 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Jesus had a few choice words for you too, for condemning everyone and everything you do not approve of.
Actually no, I do not do that. Why would you accuse me of such?

Quote:
You need to get over calling everything rude and insulting because people dismiss what you believe and refuse to accept it in any shape or form.
I didn't call you anything, I just told you to take you own advice.

Do you not see the irony and the hypocrisy here? You accuse others of condemning people when they dismiss what you believe (or don't approve what you embrace), and on the same breath you tell them to get over the condemnation you dish out.

This is exactly why I said what I said. Remember your own advice.

Old 05-14-2014, 04:42 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
Yes, so many people want to abuse the name of Jesus but are not willing to walk the walk. That of course is because they are not Christians. Jesus confronted people with their sin such as the woman at the well and told them to "sin no more". The Christian man in the video was just doing what Jesus did.
Not quite.

Old 05-14-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Condemnation usurps the role of God and is NOT Christian. What these issues reveal is the carnal-minded focus on acts and actions . . . and NOT on motives and spiritual states of mind. God is all about spiritual states of mind. Jesus is all about spiritual states of mind. Paul was all about spiritual states of mind . . . "All things are lawful . . . but not all thing edify." Whatever one believes is sinful . . . to HIM it is sinful and to do it believing it is sinful IS missing the mark (sinning). But whatever one does in "love of God and each other" is Christian and NOT sin . . . and it cannot BE sinful because of the spiritual state of mind of agape love.
And a true spiritual mind will avoid those things it is said God hates. A false spiritual mind will condone them.

Old 05-14-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
This is funny because it appears is is you have not read the scripture. In John 4, Jesus pointed out to the woman at the well that the man she was with was not her husband. He did not say "Go and sin no more"

He told that phrase to the woman who was condemned for adultery. He didn't comment on what she had done. John 8. Different story.
The woman at the well was a Samaritan and not a believer or a Jew. Christ wanted to help her truly come to God.

The other woman was a believing Jew and Jesus helped her by encouraging her to sin no more, thus trying to help her avoid losing her relationship with God.

Old 05-14-2014, 04:50 PM

1,030 posts, read 840,594 times
Quote:
Jesus showed her her sin? If you think saying to her go sin no more is pointing out her sin to her, no wonder you are always speaking about and against sin.Christianity is about the righteousness of God not what you and the rest of ya do not approve of. Being conscious of one sets you free, being conscious of the other keeps you in defeat and failure. When you read scripture like a fundamentalists those rocks that they had in their hands to stone her are no different to the beliefs of the fundamentalist.
You really have no clue at all!

You obviously do not know the account of the woman at the well and what Jesus said to her. Why do you bother to comment on things you know noting about and then put everyone else down. Are you old enough to be on here alone? Ask your mommy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity