Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2014, 07:38 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times

Advertisements

You can't drink, smoke, dance or chew; and hang around with them that do?
And don't even think about working on Sunday, for you have to go to church?

They are caught up in the rules and regulations of:

"Wear this, don't wear that, eat this; but not that?"

Old 06-25-2014, 08:22 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomTooth 359 View Post
I would say that you sound really immature ,and that is being kind .
Why, was the thought too titillating for you?

Old 06-26-2014, 12:07 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

If you have a problem living under temptation, then avoid the beach, lakes and rivers?
[/i]
You dont need to. I am fine going out to the water park and using it as an example for my children of modesty. I choose not to wear a bikini or a basic one piece, i am covered and so are my daughters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Why? Why would one's dress be different for church and then different at work? or the beach for that matter? Is Christ not with us always? Does God really care what we wear? Seriously, my God is bigger than the clothes I war to church or the beach, even if they are the same.
Yes the bible clearly says he cares what we wear as I already posted. What you wear to church shouldnt be any different than home, store or beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You can't drink, smoke, dance or chew; and hang around with them that do?
And don't even think about working on Sunday, for you have to go to church?

They are caught up in the rules and regulations of:

"Wear this, don't wear that, eat this; but not that?"
You can hang around those people but you dont need to fall into the temptation.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:08 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
HMMM..seems to me if a man spends so much of his "church time" scrutinizing the amount of the woman's cleavage., length of dress or what is accentuated by her jeans or shirt that the real problem may be him and not the woman.

As usual the excuse would probably be "The woman, she made me do it"

Old 06-26-2014, 07:34 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
HMMM..seems to me if a man spends so much of his "church time" scrutinizing the amount of the woman's cleavage., length of dress or what is accentuated by her jeans or shirt that the real problem may be him and not the woman.

Aah but he would spend less time if such a distraction did not exist. After all God made man to be attracted to a woman, but only one at a time, and with proper thoughts in mind.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:56 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Dear expat, should a man be so vulnerable/out of control that he is distracted from worshiping God by searching to see who is showing a little cleavage.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:05 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Dear expat, should a man be so vulnerable/out of control that he is distracted from worshiping God by searching to see who is showing a little cleavage.
I agree !

Yet on the other hand I do hope it isn't to the point of where the girl's may fall out if she should bend over . Then I do understand the "out of control."

Old 06-26-2014, 09:06 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times
Quote:

Please look at the OP again. You are falling into the trap of derailing this thread into something that it is not. Nobody has suggested the things that you are addressing.

Quote:
I have been sitting here for months wondering about how we should expect Christian women to dress in our modern times. There is such a change in culture in what is acceptable and what is not. I was reminded of this point when I was watching a show on TV today with an actress who considers herself to be a Christian. It seems on almost every episode her character has some revealing clothes, usually showing cleavage or form fitting. Talking to women about this topic it appears to me, that men and women have such a different view on this. To women, from the ones I have spoken to at least, cleavage doesn't seem to be a major issue and form fitting attire seems to depend on a woman's body type. As a man, I look at it from a standpoint of why are these women dressing this way? Are they doing it on purpose or because they want the attention that these outfits bring? Biblically, I know there are some scriptures that can apply to this. I am curious, how do you all look at this topic from a biblical standpoint?

Old 06-26-2014, 09:08 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times
LOOK!!!

No one is talking about what other people are doing!!! This thread is about how women, Godly, Christian women go about the process of deciding what is and is not acceptable to wear. This is not about men telling women what to wear, or how men fantasize about women or any of the other nonsense people keep bringing up. Does anybody read?

Old 06-26-2014, 09:44 AM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
I have been sitting here for months wondering about how we should expect Christian women to dress in our modern times. There is such a change in culture in what is acceptable and what is not. I was reminded of this point when I was watching a show on TV today with an actress who considers herself to be a Christian. It seems on almost every episode her character has some revealing clothes, usually showing cleavage or form fitting. Talking to women about this topic it appears to me, that men and women have such a different view on this. To women, from the ones I have spoken to at least, cleavage doesn't seem to be a major issue and form fitting attire seems to depend on a woman's body type. As a man, I look at it from a standpoint of why are these women dressing this way? Are they doing it on purpose or because they want the attention that these outfits bring? Biblically, I know there are some scriptures that can apply to this. I am curious, how do you all look at this topic from a biblical standpoint?
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
LOOK!!!
No one is talking about what other people are doing!!! This thread is about how women, Godly, Christian women go about the process of deciding what is and is not acceptable to wear. This is not about men telling women what to wear, or how men fantasize about women or any of the other nonsense people keep bringing up. Does anybody read?
When you talk about "how we should expect Christian women to dress" . . . you ARE talking about telling women what to wear. The fact that you also continually talk about what the Bible says (ancient cultural standards) instead of what Christ would say today (He abides with us and can guide us to what God has "written in our hearts.") . . . you reveal yourself as what I would call a Bibleian. Your question is really what would Bibleian women wear. As long as you ignore what is in our hearts . . . you will continue to focus on Old Covenant rules from the words "written in ink" or stone in an ancient cultural context. I trust women today to use what is in their hearts as their guide. They need not concern themselves with what men think or how men would react. Those are concerns for men to also seek what is in their hearts in "love of God and each other" . . . NOT pretend that it is the responsibility of women not to be too attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity