Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 06:03 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,242,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You misunderstand that parable...
Maybe so but who came in Isa 35:4?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 06:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Richard, the sheliach you speak of is God himself, as a diversity. scripture, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you".

now read Isa 35 closely, who came Richard?.
Sheliach is a representative...

Old 05-16-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Give me a minute, please...

Old 05-16-2014, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Sheliach is a representative...
one more time Richard, who came in Isa 35:4? ok ,sorry

Old 05-16-2014, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Richard, the sheliach you speak of is God himself, as a diversity. scripture, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you".

now read Isa 35 closely, who came Richard?.
It is my firm conviction that Yeshua was just that - an EMISSARY of God, but he was NOT God. *Obviously, if one applies common sense, he or she must admit that the emissary of another is NOT the one who commissioned him as an agent. *The emissary, and one who commissioned him as an agent, are separate and distinct entities. *The very meaning of "emissary" requires this to be the case! *When Messiah says he was "sent," it proves he is NOT God! *Why is it so difficult for those who believe Messiah is God to see this - and the many other - SIMPLE, common sense facts? - Torah (Teachings) of Yahshua Messiah (Jesus, Yeshua) - rebuking the Trinity and Lawlessness

Old 05-16-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:

Isaiah 35

*1* Be glad, thou thirsty desert: let the wilderness exult, and flower as the lily.

*2* And the desert places of Jordan shall blossom and rejoice; the glory of Libanus has been given to it, and the honour of Carmel; and my people shall see the glory o the Lord, and the majesty of God.

*3* Be strong, ye relaxed hands and palsied knees.

*4* Comfort one another, ye fainthearted; be strong, fear not; behold, our God renders judgement, and he will render it; he will come and save us.

*5* Then shall the eyes of the blind be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall hear.

*6* Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the stammerers shall speak plainly; for water has burst forth in the desert, and a channel of water in a thirsty land.

*7* And the dry land shall become pools, and a fountain of water shall be poured into the thirsty land; there shall there be a joy of birds, ready habitations and marshes.

*8* There shall be there a pure way, and it shall be called a holy way; and there shall not pass by there any unclean person, neither shall there be there an unclean way; but the dispersed shall walk on it, and they shall not go astray.

*9* And there shall be no lion there, neither shall any evil beast go up upon it, nor at all be found there; but the redeemed and gathered on the Lord's behalf, shall walk in it,

*10* (35:9B) and shall return, and come to Sion with joy, and everlasting joy shall be over their head; for on their head shall be praise and exultation, and joy shall take possession of them: sorrow and pain, and groaning have fled away.

Now, it is written as such, however, has any of this taken place as written?...

Old 05-16-2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:
It is my firm conviction that Yeshua was just that - an EMISSARY of God, but he was NOT God. *Obviously, if one applies common sense, he or she must admit that the emissary of another is NOT the one who commissioned him as an agent. *The emissary, and one who commissioned him as an agent, are separate and distinct entities. *The very meaning of "emissary" requires this to be the case! *When Messiah says he was "sent," it proves he is NOT God! *Why is it so difficult for those who believe Messiah is God to see this - and the many other - SIMPLE, common sense facts? - Torah (Teachings) of Yahshua Messiah (Jesus, Yeshua) - rebuking the Trinity and Lawlessness
that's vain talk. God himself came, or as you now say the agent, Jesus, since you said that he is not GOD. but I remind you Richard, Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with usâ€. this is how God is with us. he came in a body of flesh and blood.

and two, there is only one saviour Richard, Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviourâ€.

Isaiah 45:21 "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside meâ€.

what you are saying, is denying the divinity of the Christ. but you never answered Isaiah 35:4. if Jesus is the agent, and not God then you denied scripture, and the word of God. for truly in Isaiah 35:4 God said that he is coming, do you deny that Richard?. yes or no.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
that's vain talk. God himself came, or as you now say the agent, Jesus, since you said that he is not GOD. but I remind you Richard, Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with usâ€. this is how God is with us. he came in a body of flesh and blood.

and two, there is only one saviour Richard, Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviourâ€.

Isaiah 45:21 "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside meâ€.

what you are saying, is denying the divinity of the Christ. but you never answered Isaiah 35:4. if Jesus is the agent, and not God then you denied scripture, and the word of God. for truly in Isaiah 35:4 God said that he is coming, do you deny that Richard?. yes or no.
Who delivered the Jews out of bondage in Egypt?..

Old 05-16-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
one more time Richard, who came in Isa 35:4? ok ,sorry
No one came...The writer said that He WILL come...

Old 05-16-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Who delivered the Jews out of bondage in Egypt?..
first off, that's a cleaver way of avoiding the question I asked of Isaiah 35:4. throw in the human saviours of the old testament. but that's OK, unlike you, I'll answer your question. and I hope you will do the same, in answering my question. the unitarian belief, and doctrine. their belief is that our Lord Jesus the Christ is just a human man who God chose to deliver, or save his people from their sins, and later glorified him. notice two things here in the Isaiah & Luke accounts above. the small case “s” in saviour, Isaiah 43:11. and the “a” as in one who is doing the saving in Luke 2:11. In combining these things, this is signifying a human agent of God as the unitarian believe, and not God himself as Saviour. but notice the capitalization of the “S” in Saviour here in Luke 2:11. "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord”. this is not signifying a human saviour. but the divine God himself, in human form. but, lets look at some examples of “a” human saviour to support this belief of the unitarian, and from this view, see their mistake. 2 Kings 13:3 "And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he delivered them into the hand of Hazael king of Syria, and into the hand of Benhadad the son of Hazael, all their days. 4 And Jehoahaz besought the LORD, and the LORD hearkened unto him: for he saw the oppression of Israel, because the king of Syria oppressed them. 5 And the LORD gave Israel a saviour, so that they went out from under the hand of the Syrians: and the children of Israel dwelt in their tents, as beforetime”. This human saviour who delivered, or save Israel from Hazael king of Syria, and Benhadad the son of Hazael was the son of Jehoahaz, Joash, see 2Ki 13:25. So God used a human man as “a” saviour from oppression. And we know that God used Moses, a human man, to deliver, or save the the children of Israel from the Egyptians oppression. as well as the woman Deborah, or any of the human judges who God raised up as saviours. Lets look at this agents, or human saviour clearly, Nehemiah 9:27 "Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them saviours, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies”. so clearly we see that God used men, human men, be it male or female, as a saviour.

Here is the misunderstanding of the unitarian, and errors on the unitarian behalf. those deliverance, or salvation was physical salvation from a physical oppression, and, or, bondage. This also was the great misconception of the jews in our Lord’s day. they was expecting physical deliverance from Rome oppression, instead of a spiritual deliverance from their own sins. then, as well as today, the unitarian misconception is in the same error. the Jews was always looking for physical deliverances when the root cause of their physical bondage, or oppression was a spiritual condition called sin. and this circle of people sinning, and God putting them in bondage continue until God put an end to sin. So the answer was to delivered them spiritually so that they would not be physically bound, or oppressed anymore. For when the Son make free you, you’re free indeed. being set free, is not the same as being made free. simply put, if God deliver you spiritually, once and for all, you want be physically bound, or oppressed anymore. you will never have to be again delivered physically anymore. Because spiritual bondage causes physical bondage. If one would just look at the book of Judges. every time the children of Israel disobeyed, spiritually, meaning they sinned against God. God allowed other nations to oppress them, or put them in bondage. and when they cried out, God would raise up “a” human to deliver, or save them from their physical bondage, and oppressor. when Jesus, our Lord, came they was looking for physical deliverance from their physical oppressor as before. they was looking for the same old cycle, and routine. They sin, and God would put them in bondage. they cry, he would send a deliverer. that’s why the law was change, and why he put an end to sin, at the cross. but this time God himself came in the likeness of a human saviour, and delivered them Spiritually. putting an end to sin. knowing this, can a human man fight against a spiritual enemy to deliver a people?, the answer is a resounding NO. only a human can fight against another human to overcome another human. but one need the Spirit of God to fight, or overcome another spirit. so that’s the FAILURE of the unitarian doctrine, or their believe. you can’t fight a spirit with human flesh. Satan is an spirit, Hebrews 1:7 "And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire”. That like coming to a gunfight with a knife. you will lose every time. one need the most powerful Spirit to overcome a spirit that have power. yes Satan have, or had power. listen to our Lord Jesus. Matthew 12:24 "But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. 25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: 26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? 27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges. 28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. 29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house”.
so before one can deliver, one must be able to deliver. one must have the POWER to bind the strongman. and it was clear that no “human man”, was found worthy to deliver the people from their sin. supportive scripture, Isaiah 59:16 "And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him”. so God himself came. this is also supported in Chapter 5 of Revelation. "And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. 2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?. 3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon”. and John wept, because no human saviour was found worthy. why was this?. because it would call for a sacrifice of ones life, which no man could continue after death, because of sin. salvation required a sinless sacrifice. and this life that was required was a giving of ones life, “blood”, (which is the life of the flesh). and blood is the atonement for the soul. scripture, Leviticus 17:11 "For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul”. it took God to do that Richard.

I hope you re-read this post. be blessed.

Last edited by 101c; 05-16-2014 at 06:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity