Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 07:04 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,163,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Palmistry (Palm-reading) as taught by the Bible. It can be seen in Proverbs 3:16, which reads "Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor." That agrees with the basic principle of Palmistry that both hands have to be looked at. (Proverbs 3:16)

Pure baloney, palmistry is never condoned in the Bible........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 07:39 PM

950 posts, read 691,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Pure baloney, palmistry is never condoned in the Bible........
Hey, take it easy, will you? Dear me. In Proverbs 3:16 it mentions qualities and accomplishments to be found in both hands. Not in one hand but in two separate hands.

Old 10-30-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Hey, take it easy, will you? Dear me. In Proverbs 3:16 it mentions qualities and accomplishments to be found in both hands. Not in one hand but in two separate hands.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering,5 anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer 11 or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or cone who inquires of the dead, 12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD. And because of these abominations the LORD your God is driving them out before you.

14 And the Lord said to me: “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a lying vision, worthless divination, and the deceit of their own minds.

Divination is frowned upon because you are dealing with spirits not from God.......

Old 10-30-2018, 08:48 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
10 There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering,5 anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer 11 or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or cone who inquires of the dead, 12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD. And because of these abominations the LORD your God is driving them out before you.

14 And the Lord said to me: “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a lying vision, worthless divination, and the deceit of their own minds.

Divination is frowned upon because you are dealing with spirits not from God.......

How can anything not be from God?

Old 10-30-2018, 03:36 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:

No father would crucify his own child, or toss the rest of humanity into a fiery furnace for all eternity to suffer for a finite life. That in, and of itself is a deceitful lie from the mindset of a fundamentalist who doesn't know any better.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
How can anything not be from God?

Buy a ouija board and find out.........

Old 11-01-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Buy a ouija board and find out.........

Lol. I put away childish things when I put away the bible.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
No father would crucify his own child, or toss the rest of humanity into a fiery furnace for all eternity to suffer for a finite life. That in, and of itself is a deceitful lie from the mindset of a fundamentalist who doesn't know any better.

https://carm.org/moloch-ancient-paga...hild-sacrifice

Old 11-01-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:

Oooo! Another disciple of Matt "The Oil" Slick! Such a great Christian his daughter couldn't wait to be old enough to leave his house and declare herself an atheist

Old 11-05-2018, 04:54 PM

950 posts, read 691,654 times
Maybe why detractors frown on Palmistry is because of the misleading stigma that has been generated by societal attitudes towards Gypsies. From way back when, Gypsies have been associated with thievery and palmistry. Hollywood has added to this misleading stigma by films such as Lon Chaney's Wolfman where a Gypsy does Palmistry to predict Chaney's tragic curse. Just Hollywood nonsense. So of course misleading. In actuality, Palmistry has had an incredibly long history of steady practice, having originated in China and India. Even before Gypsies even originated. So the stigma has been wrongfully attached by discriminatory attitudes. As history tells us, Palmistry is a time-honored art.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity