Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2014, 05:20 AM

910 posts, read 1,335,023 times

Advertisements

A lot of Christians believe that they will be taken away from the tribulations to avoid the difficulties it will bring. Is that correct? Did Christ not say that they will face simialr things that he faced because they were not of this world? They were hated, despised and most were killed. There is no other way to God except through trials and tribulations. Through these trials, you cease from sin and you grow spiritually. To say you will not experience tribulation is akin to having a baby and refusing the baby to grow. of what use is the baby to you?

We must all carry our cross and follow him to be worthy of him. What can separate us from his love?

Romans 8
Quote:
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
We also see in the Rev that those who were in white were in fact folks who had passed through great tribulations. Rev 7

Quote:
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest.
And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. 16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. 17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
Now let us reason. Folks that will serve God and his Christ on earth are those that have come out of great tribulation. It means that the tribulation is for the people of God or his elects, afterall it was for the sake of his elects that the days of tribulation was shortened, wasn't it? The question is how about those who will escape tribulations via the 'rapture'? Somebody must be smoking something! It (the rapture) does not fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 07:39 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,213,926 times
Revelation 6:16 Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:37 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,986,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Revelation 6:16 Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Do you realize what your first quote means? It means that Christ is bringing/pouring out God's wrath when He returns.
Rev. 6:
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
And here. Note, most ppl believe the marriage supper happens in heaven, but does it?
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
11 ¶ And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Quote:
Yes, this IS true. However, one of my problems with the rapture theory is the fact that it's too "easy." What do I mean by that? Well, we're told, 'just believe.' and you will not be here for any of the 'bad stuff.' But is that true? I don't think so.

Why? First no rapture teacher actually teaches, first what God's wrath is, and second HOW we will be saved from it. Do the Scriptures say we will be taken from the earth? No, in spite of what many ppl believe and teach that isn't true. They ignore the passages that tell us differently. Passages such as these:
Ps 2:12 Kiss the *Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Zeph 2:3 (NIV) "Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land, you who do what he commands. Seek righteousness, seek humility; perhaps you will be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger."
So what is God's wrath or what is He angry about?
Rom.1:
16 ¶ For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 ¶ Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse
So, who is God angry with and who is destined for His wrath? All ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness.

Is this you, if you walk with God? No. So that's how God's ppl will be saved from His wrath. We don't have to go anywhere when Christ comes to execute God's wrath, because it's not His ppl He's angry with.
Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! (Rom 5:9)

30 “Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all everywhere should repent, 31 because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead” (Acts 17:30-31).
IF God's ppl aren't on the earth during the GT then why did Christ say this?
Mt 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect‘s sake those days shall be shortened.
BTW, Jeremiah had the same problem just before the fall of Jerusalem. He was warning ppl, unless they repented, they were going to suffer the wrath of God, by the hands of the Babylonians. However, there were also false prophets telling ppl they would experience only God's blessings.

You see, that's what the people wanted to hear then, and it's what ppl want to hear now. So, back then they believed the false prophets. But who was right? See II Chronicles 36:15-17.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:58 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,213,926 times
Matthew 24 and Luke 21 teaches the Olivet discourse which is prophecy surrounding Israel during the Day of the Lord (second coming of Christ/tribulation). Jeremiah 30:7 refers to Jacob's trouble, which is Israel not the church. The context here also is end times.

The key is discerning who Jesus is talking to and what time frame or the context.

Matthew 24:22 Is dealing with Israel in the end-times, specifically during the tribulation because Israel has not accepted the Messiah; therefore they will go through the tribulation. He is not talking about the church.

Matthew 24:15 When you therefore shall see the abomination spoken by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (who so readeth let him understand) let them which are in Judea flee to the mountains. Again, talking about Israel, not the church.

Matthew 24:20 Pray that your flight be not on the Sabbath day. Again, the Sabbath refers to Israel.

Hosea confirms this among other passages. Hosea 5:15 I will return again to my place (heaven) until they acknowledge their offense (he is in heaven until the nation of Israel acknowledges Him as their Messiah). They will seek my face in their affliction, they will earnestly seek me (affliction is the tribulation; Israel, not the believers of Jesus, or the church). Hosea 6:1 Come, let us return to the Lord, for he has torn, but he will heal us. He has stricken us, but he will bind us up after two days, he will revive us. On the third day, he will raise us up that we may live in his sight.

It's clear the context is dealing with Israel during the end times (day of the Lord, tribulation), not the church (Christians).

Old 05-18-2014, 03:33 PM

9,963 posts, read 4,921,881 times
Isaiah 26 v 20 mentions Go, my [God's ] people, enter your inner rooms, and shut your doors behind you. Hide yourself for a brief moment until the wrath has passed by. That wrath or the denunciation of the great tribulation.

Since Pentecost, fleshy Israel exists by the grace of God as a national group or nation and Not God's spiritual nation.- 1st Peter 2 vs 9,5. Jerusalem above [ Not Jerusalem on earth ] is now mother. - Galatians 4 v 26; 6 v 16; Romans 2 vs 28,29

Old 05-19-2014, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Matthew 24 and Luke 21 teaches the Olivet discourse which is prophecy surrounding Israel during the Day of the Lord (second coming of Christ/tribulation). Jeremiah 30:7 refers to Jacob's trouble, which is Israel not the church. The context here also is end times.

The key is discerning who Jesus is talking to and what time frame or the context.

Matthew 24:22 Is dealing with Israel in the end-times, specifically during the tribulation because Israel has not accepted the Messiah; therefore they will go through the tribulation. He is not talking about the church.

Matthew 24:15 When you therefore shall see the abomination spoken by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (who so readeth let him understand) let them which are in Judea flee to the mountains. Again, talking about Israel, not the church.

Matthew 24:20 Pray that your flight be not on the Sabbath day. Again, the Sabbath refers to Israel.

Hosea confirms this among other passages. Hosea 5:15 I will return again to my place (heaven) until they acknowledge their offense (he is in heaven until the nation of Israel acknowledges Him as their Messiah). They will seek my face in their affliction, they will earnestly seek me (affliction is the tribulation; Israel, not the believers of Jesus, or the church). Hosea 6:1 Come, let us return to the Lord, for he has torn, but he will heal us. He has stricken us, but he will bind us up after two days, he will revive us. On the third day, he will raise us up that we may live in his sight.

It's clear the context is dealing with Israel during the end times (day of the Lord, tribulation), not the church (Christians).
Mathew 24 talks about 3 things;

1) The destruction of the temple and Jerusalem

2) The signs of Christ coming

3) The signs of the end of the age

Old 05-19-2014, 04:53 AM

9,678 posts, read 9,973,716 times
The survivors of the Rapture are from Revelations 20:6 .....``Blessed and holy is he that has part in the first resurrection on such the second death has no power, but they will be priest of God and of Christ, and will reign with him a thousand years ``...........See at the second coming of Jesus NO flesh will survive the judgment wrath of the vial plagues of Revelation 15-18............... But these people who will reign In Christ has part of the first resurrection have life and go not to repopulate the earth a will be sovereign with Lord Jesus , so then the rapture is the first resurrection of the body of Christ ..

Old 05-19-2014, 12:45 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,986,292 times
s
Quote:

You are teaching 'replacement theory' whether you realize it or not. Separating the 'church' from "Israel" causes all kinds of erroneous teaching. Your first mistake is in believing the 'church' started in the NT. It didn't. It started with the righteous ppl of the OT and Christ just added to it in the NT. How do we know this. Moses was part of the 'church.'
Ac 7:38 This is he, [Moses] that was in the church [ekklesia] in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:
Quote:
Yes...

Christ didn't come to build a "Christian" church. He first drew [back] ppl of the House of Israel and then later a Gentile ppl. Or in other words, Christ came to teach about the Kingdom of God and first to 'call Israel out' of darkness into His marvelous light. Don't believe that either? Note where Christ went to preach, and the ppl He was talking to:
Matt. 4:
12 ¶ Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee;
13 And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon [Zebulun] and Nephthalim:[ Naphtali]
14 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias [Isaiah] the prophet, saying,
15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the *Gentiles;
16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
The above is a quote from Isaiah:
Isa. 9:
1 Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.
2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.[/i]
Mt 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mt 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
James, the brother of Christ and the head of the church in Jerusalem wrote to these same ppl:
James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
*Gentiles. Now before you claim these ppl weren't of the House of Israel you need to understand the word 'Gentile' and "Gentiles." Gentile is Hellen and means "Greek" and Gentiles is ethnos and means custom, habit or character.

Why did He say He only came for the lost sheep of Israel? Because God had divorced Israel, they were scattered, "lost," and sitting in darkness. He needed to reconcile them back to Himself before the Gentile.

Now to the word "Israel." All believers are 'Israel,' whether by lineage or by been grafted into the Olive Tree. Why do you think Christ is called 'The King of Israel?'
Joh 12:13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.
And how about these passages:
Ac 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Ac 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Ro 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles [ethnos] be come in.

Ro 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:Ga 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Quote:

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.
Yes, Christ is talking about Israel, the believers in v. 22, but not unsaved Israel. Now another thing I've noticed is you are confusing Jews with Israel. Jacob's name was changed to Israel and then his descendants were called Israelites until they were divided into 2 houses. The House of Judah, the Jews, and the House of Israel, the other 'tribes;' later called 'the lost sheep of the House of Israel.' So how do we know He was talking to Israel in v. 22?

He calls them 'the elect.' And as to vv 15, and 20 if they are referring to 70 AD they're referring to Jewish ppl. If they are a dual prophecy, then they're referring to believing Israel. And as far as the Sabbath being mentioned. That doesn't prove He only means Jewish ppl. All believers are called to keep the Sabbath holy, and further more the 10 commandments are God's laws, not Jewish laws.

Quote:

Yes, when Christ returns, [only one return, not two] to save unbelieving Israel at Armageddon, they will 'look on Him who was pierced' and realize they're looking at their Messiah,who was prophesied by the own prophets and they will mourn. And then the sayings, "All Israel will be saved," and "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord," will be fulfilled.

Last edited by mshipmate; 05-19-2014 at 01:34 PM..

Old 05-19-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
You are teaching 'replacement theory' whether you realize it or not. Separating the 'church' from "Israel" causes all kinds of erroneous teaching. Your first mistake is in believing the 'church' started in the NT. It didn't. It started with the righteous ppl of the OT and Christ just added to it in the NT. How do we know this. Moses was part of the 'church.'
Ac 7:38 This is he, [Moses] that was in the church [ekklesia] in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Yes...

Christ didn't come to build a "Christian" church. He first drew [back] ppl of the House of Israel and then later a Gentile ppl. Or in other words, Christ came to teach about the Kingdom of God and first to 'call Israel out' of darkness into His marvelous light. Don't believe that either? Note where Christ went to preach, and the ppl He was talking to:
Matt. 4:
12 ¶ Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee;
13 And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon [Zebulun] and Nephthalim:[ Naphtali]
14 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias [Isaiah] the prophet, saying,
15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the *Gentiles;
16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
The above is a quote from Isaiah:
Isa. 9:
1 Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.
2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.[/i]
Mt 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mt 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
James, the brother of Christ and the head of the church in Jerusalem wrote to these same ppl:
James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
*Gentiles. Now before you claim these ppl weren't of the House of Israel you need to understand the word 'Gentile' and "Gentiles." Gentile is Hellen and means "Greek" and Gentiles is ethnos and means custom, habit or character.

Why did He say He only came for the lost sheep of Israel? Because God had divorced Israel, they were scattered, "lost," and sitting in darkness. He needed to reconcile them back to Himself before the Gentile.

Now to the word "Israel." All believers are 'Israel,' whether by lineage or by been grafted into the Olive Tree. Why do you think Christ is called 'The King of Israel?'
Joh 12:13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.
And how about these passages:
Ac 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Ac 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Ro 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles [ethnos] be come in.

Ro 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:Ga 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.
Yes, Christ is talking about Israel, the believers in v. 22, but not unsaved Israel. Now another thing I've noticed is you are confusing Jews with Israel. Jacob's name was changed to Israel and then his descendants were called Israelites until they were divided into 2 houses. The House of Judah, the Jews, and the House of Israel, the other 'tribes;' later called 'the lost sheep of the House of Israel.' So how do we know He was talking to Israel in v. 22?

He calls them 'the elect.' And as to vv 15, and 20 if they are referring to 70 AD they're referring to Jewish ppl. If they are a dual prophecy, then they're referring to believing Israel. And as far as the Sabbath being mentioned. That doesn't prove He only means Jewish ppl. All believers are called to keep the Sabbath holy.

Yes, when Christ returns, [only one return, not two] to save unbelieving Israel at Armageddon, they will 'look on Him who was pierced' and realize they're looking at their Messiah,who was prophesied by the own prophets and they will mourn. And then the saying, "All Israel will be saved," and "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord," will be fulfilled.
kudos, but some have been so brainwashed its unbelievable!

Old 05-19-2014, 01:01 PM

[quote=hljc;34861042]The survivors of the Rapture are from Revelations 20:Spirit ..``Blessed and holy is he that has part in the first resurrection on such the second death has no power, but they will be priest of God and of Christ, and will reign with him a thousand years ``...........See at the second coming of Jesus NO flesh will survive the judgment wrath of the vial plagues of Revelation 15-18............... But these people who will reign In Christ has part of the first resurrection have life and go not to repopulate the earth a will be sovereign with Lord Jesus , so then the rapture is the first resurrection of the body of Christ ..[/QUOT

hljc

You assume it said rapture, but read it well, it actually says ressurrect. Spirits and souls ressurrect to spritual plane after death. When those souls ressurrect on earth, thry are born as humans with new name, new body which is slso called reincarnation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity