Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2014, 02:46 PM

995 posts, read 951,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Let's all pray for Rider's Pantheon. Pray that God saves him and brings him into a realization of the truth.

I USED to be Christian. I used to have Jesus in Heaven as my spiritual guide, until I went with my own moral compass, and realized how evil Moses and Jesus's God YHWH is(which is what Jesus did NOT do). I have Buddha, Odin, Khepri, among other pure and holy deities and religions to feel love from/for. I have an army of deities in the place of Jesus. Getting rid of Jesus, and his Father/God was the best thing I ever did. I gained my integrity, and Heaven opened up for me in ways never before. Christians are the one's who need praying for. They need saving. I saved myself and found an army of Heavenly beings that love me eternally and other ways.....

Last edited by Rider's Pantheon; 06-12-2014 at 03:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 03:33 PM

45,315 posts, read 26,834,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Himself.
He's a danger to Himself? How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Pray that God saves him for God and for Christ and for eonian life. And that God saves him from being blind to the truth.
God saves him for God. What does that mean?

And who cares if he is blind to the truth? Why does that warrant salvation?

Old 06-12-2014, 05:10 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
He's a danger to Himself? How?

Like any of us who are not walking in the Light as he is in the Light

Old 06-12-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Like any of us who are not walking in the Light as he is in the Light
He seems to be OK with it. What's the big deal?

Old 06-12-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
DRob4JC, are you just being difficult, or do you not realize that all of us need to be changed? All of us need to be healed? All of us need to be saved? It is a process.

Salvation = healing
Salvation is not healing. Are you kidding me? And what the process? Rider's Pantheon wants no part of a process.

Why don't you simply tell him not to worry, he will be saved whether he wants it or not?

Tell him about God's love and let him go on his way.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:48 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Salvation is not healing.
To get rid of whatever is impure or undesirable; cleanse or purify.
It's also an act of deliverance or that which sets you free.

"Liberation from indentured servitude is an entirely worthy objective."

Old 06-12-2014, 07:50 PM

1,187 posts, read 2,386,353 times
Christianity is torture enough, thank you very much.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:32 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaggy View Post
Christianity is torture enough, thank you very much.
This is a very true statement if you have opened yourself up to the teachings, doctrines and traditions of men.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:33 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,887,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
I USED to be Christian.
I used to be one too. Now I'm a believer.

Quote:
I used to have Jesus in Heaven as my spiritual guide, until I went with my own moral compass,
And what if that moral compass is skewed? What if your morality is based upon your own misguided perceptions?

Quote:
and realized how evil Moses and Jesus's God YHWH is(which is what Jesus did NOT do).
That's okay. You won't always think they are evil.

Quote:
I have Buddha, Odin, Khepri, among other pure and holy deities and religions to feel love from/for.
So all you ended up doing is trading one bad misperception for a host of others. Maybe you should read this:
The Dark Side of Buddhims: The dark side of Buddhism | Rationalist Association

Odin is just a mythological god.

Kephri is a mythological god as well.

Quote:
I have an army of deities in the place of Jesus.
Do you also believe in Bugs Bunny?

Quote:
Getting rid of Jesus, and his Father/God was the best thing I ever did. I gained my integrity, and Heaven opened up for me in ways never before. Christians are the one's who need praying for. They need saving. I saved myself and found an army of Heavenly beings that love me eternally and other ways.....
I'm sure your mythological gods will save you from your sins.

So, based upon my opening post in this thread, how is it that, the God, Who is love, is incompatible with eternal torture yet your gods seem to relish in it?

Old 06-13-2014, 07:13 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,087,789 times
Quote:
Salvation is not healing. Are you kidding me? And what the process? Rider's Pantheon wants no part of a process.

Why don't you simply tell him not to worry, he will be saved whether he wants it or not?

Tell him about God's love and let him go on his way.
Jesus is the great physician. Ultimately we will all be fully healed. That is what salvation is: salvation from all that ails us, physical and mental - salvation from sin and the wages of that sin - death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity