Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2014, 07:49 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Jesus is the great physician. Ultimately we will all be fully healed. That is what salvation is: salvation from all that ails us, physical and mental - salvation from sin and the wages of that sin - death.
The salient part of the bold above - salvation from death. I will go with that, but that's deliverance, not healing.

Death is separation from the source of life. I am curious to your opinion as to why the wages of sin is death? Why is separation from God (the Source of life) the wage for sin?

You (collectively) have continuously stated that all will be saved - from death. Why did Eusebias pray for him to be saved when it is going to happen anyway - according to you?

Eusebias - Repeating my questions...

God saves him for God. What does that mean?

And who cares if he is blind to the truth? Why does that warrant salvation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 08:05 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Just butting in here for a second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You (collectively) have continuously stated that all will be saved - from death. Why did Eusebias pray for him to be saved when it is going to happen anyway - according to you?
Maybe Eube takes 1 Timothy seriously, including the part that says, Pray for all people... [because] that pleases God who wills all to be saved (sozo) and to come to the knowledge of truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob
Salvation is not healing. Are you kidding me?
Have you ever looked at the word saved/sozo in the strong's concordance?

One definition:
  1. to save a suffering one (from perishing), i.e. one suffering from disease, to make well, heal, restore to health

Old 06-13-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Just butting in here for a second...

Maybe Eube takes 1 Timothy seriously, including the part that says, Pray for all people... [because] that pleases God who wills all to be saved (sozo) and to come to the knowledge of truth.

Have you ever looked at the word saved/sozo in the strong's concordance?

One definition:
  1. to save a suffering one (from perishing), i.e. one suffering from disease, to make well, heal, restore to health
Eusebias is perfectly capable of telling me what was meant by the post - which I am still waiting for an answer.

Sozo - you give a secondary definition slanted to your viewpoint. Par for the course ...

Old 06-13-2014, 08:53 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Eusebias is perfectly capable of telling me what was meant by the post - which I am still waiting for an answer.

Sozo - you give a secondary definition slanted to your viewpoint. Par for the course ...
Pleroo answered just fine.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:45 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:

It's obvious why things are ignored and rather insist on only one definition.
There is no intention of believing the truth other than to parse it into pieces to make into a prescribed story line.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Pleroo answered just fine.
Weak... she is not even a follower of Christ and you are taking her lead.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It's obvious why things are ignored and rather insist on only one definition.
There is no intention of believing the truth other than to parse it into pieces to make into a prescribed story line.
I never said there was only one definition... As a matter of fact, I said it was ONE definition. I was simply reminding drob of that since he'd either forgotten or didn't know.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
she is not even a follower of Christ
Probably not in the way you define it, at any rate.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:19 AM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,708 times
Quote:

Slanted definition huh?...

Sozo
  • <LI class=Print>

The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon Strong's Number: 4982 Original WordWord Originsozofrom a primary sos (contraction for obsolete saoz, "safe")Transliterated WordTDNT EntrySozo7:965,1132Phonetic SpellingParts of Speechsode'-zo Verb Definition
  1. to save, keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction
    1. one (from injury or peril)
      2. to preserve one who is in danger of destruction, to save or rescue
    2. to save in the technical biblical sense
      1. negatively 1b
    3. to deliver from the penalties of the Messianic judgment 1b
    4. to save from the evils which obstruct the reception of the Messianic deliverance
Ah, the power of google to make one eat their words. MMmm...words:

Old 06-13-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Slanted definition huh?...

Sozo
  • <LI class=Print>

The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon Strong's Number: 4982 Original WordWord Originsozofrom a primary sos (contraction for obsolete saoz, "safe")Transliterated WordTDNT EntrySozo7:965,1132Phonetic SpellingParts of Speechsode'-zo Verb Definition
  1. to save, keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction
    1. one (from injury or peril)
      2. to preserve one who is in danger of destruction, to save or rescue
    2. to save in the technical biblical sense
      1. negatively 1b
    3. to deliver from the penalties of the Messianic judgment 1b
    4. to save from the evils which obstruct the reception of the Messianic deliverance
Ah, the power of google to make one eat their words. MMmm...words:
Uh... look at the location of what she dug up - two levels inside of the outline. It's a secondary definition. Don't you understand how to read an outline format? Or do you look and say - 'hey, it's a #1 item, it must be a primary definition'. You can't even consider that a secondary definition - which is the 1 thru 4 list.

You pretty much made my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity