Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2014, 01:35 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
1- I asked Legoman what the process is. No answer yet. What is the process?
Removal of sin.
The process is this life and the next.
Its all a process - being made perfect. Its salvation - its healing.
Right now we are imperfect beings. I don't expect to be this way for eternity - God help us... ultimately we will have understanding so that we know not to sin.
etc.

Do you get what I'm saying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 01:36 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes. The embodiment of agape love for all life itself (God) is completely incompatible with hatred for any of His creations. It also means that nothing that is hateful or evil or wicked or unloving is compatible with God . . . and must be refined out of anyone as dross before they can appear before God after death . . . if it has not be repented of under Christ's love for us all.
Quote:
Absolutely preposterous! God IS love. There is no place for hate in love. The anti-Christ (anti-love) apostate Christianity that is in the majority in these "latter days" (as prophesied) will fail. God WILL be all in all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You do realize that God hated Esau, right?
No I do not realize it because it is not true. You test NOTHING in the Bible against the Spirit. By doing that . . . you make the Bible your God and not the Spirit who IS God. You reject the New Covenant and retain the Old ("written in ink" and stone). That is the major mistake that has corrupted Christ's Gospel for over 2000 years. It is why the majority today are anti-Christ (anti-love) apostate as predicted for the "latter days."

Last edited by MysticPhD; 06-13-2014 at 01:53 PM..

Old 06-13-2014, 01:37 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
You tell me. What does this say? There is nothing about God being displeased.

Rom 9:13 "As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.” "
A hybrid religion, which has been blended with the thoughts of men.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:38 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
1- I asked Legoman what the process is. No answer yet. What is the process?

2- Belief that one is separated is NOT death. Separation is death.
No, belief that you are separated IS sin and death and the cause of all the manifestation of it. It is the preaching of sin and death by the church that caused the belief of separation to grow like wild fire through its ranks.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:39 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
I just asked a question that has yet to be answered.
So, no ... you're not willing to admit your strawman.

Quote:
You totally misunderstood my statement.
Okay.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:45 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
You tell me. What does this say? There is nothing about God being displeased.

Rom 9:13 "As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.” "
How did it go down with your Mum and Dad when you told them you hated them ?.

If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.

It amazes me that you are a Pastor and have not taken the time to understand this scripture. God is not a respecter of persons, he is a respecter of faith.

Truly I tell you,’ he continued, ‘no prophet is accepted in his home town. I assure you that there were many widows in Israel in Elijah’s time, when the sky was shut for three and a half years and there was a severe famine throughout the land.

Yet Elijah was not sent to any of them, but to a widow in Zarephath in the region of Sidon.

And there were many in Israel with leprosy in the time of Elisha the prophet,

yet not one of them was cleansed – only Naaman the Syrian

Old 06-13-2014, 01:46 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
It also says to hate our parents and follow Christ... wouldn't that be a direct contradiction of the ten commandments, no?

This is a different kind of hate we are talking about. Its talking about preference.

If you look at the story of Esau and Jacob, you will see where God's 'hate' of Esau led to - ultimately Esau is reconciled and blessed with his brother (Genesis 33).

Read this:
Merciful Truth : Does God Hate You, Sinner?
Those 2 words are used in completely different contexts. Read Romans 9. It clearly states that some will be saved, and others won't.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:47 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A hybrid religion, which has been blended with the thoughts of men.
That's what we get when you completely ignore what scripture says.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:48 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Yes. The embodiment of agape love for all life itself (God) is completely incompatible with hatred for any of His creations. It also means that nothing that is hateful or evil or wicked or unloving is compatible with God . . . and must be refined out of anyone as dross before they can appear before God after death . . . if it has not be repented of under Christ's love for us all.
Quote:
THEN, we would not have the ability to hate - since we are made in His image.
Our Spirit is made in His image because God is Spirit . . . but we inhabit an animal body that also has a nature that conflicts with our Spirit . . . causing the many psychological weaknesses (like hate, jealousy, lust, greed, envy, etc.) we have that God does NOT have.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:49 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Removal of sin.
The process is this life and the next.
Its all a process - being made perfect. Its salvation - its healing.
Right now we are imperfect beings. I don't expect to be this way for eternity - God help us... ultimately we will have understanding so that we know not to sin.
etc.

Do you get what I'm saying?
Thank you for answering.

So the process is removing sin. by sin you mean what? Sinful actions? The fact that we have sinful in us?

Is the process the same for everyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity