Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 03:53 AM

910 posts, read 1,334,889 times

Advertisements

Except one has the Holy Spirit, one cannot understand the abracadabra of God. The era of the son had come and gone, and now we are in the era of the Holy Spirit. The Holy spirit is the one to direct us in our daily lives and teach us his ways, as Christ confessed that he did not come to teach us all things, but that was the work of the Comforter- the Holy Spirit.

We see from the Revelations that Christ is coming from a new Jerusalem and with a new name.
Quote:
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Did Christ hint at this? Yes he did. In Mathew 21

Quote:
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. 44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.
This was Christ confirming to the Jews what had been also been written in Romans 9

Quote:
25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. 26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.
The kingdom of God was to be moved to a gentile nation. That was why when the disciples asked for the restoration of the Kingdom to Jerusalem, he avoided the question and urged them to go instead and wait for the power of the Holy Spirit. But why do Christians still look up to Jerusalem as if when Christ comes, he will be in present day Jerusalem? What does Jerusalem mean? It means the abode of the King. Anywhere the King lives is the Jerusalem of that era or the new Jerusalem. Yet some are waiting for a city physically descending from heaven above. Will it happen that way? Is that not carnal reasoning? Has any city descended from above before? Descending from above means that it was chosen by God.

On the new name, we were not told the name, but we can immediately eliminate the name Jesus or Yesus or any original meaning of the name Jesus as it had to be new. Will Christians recognize the name? Are they now not focused on Jesus? Does that not sound familiar? The Jews knew Moses as the Law giver, but when Jesus appeared they called him a fake and eventually killed him. They claimed that his parents were not priests in the temple and that Elijah had not descended. Is it not the situation now? Most of us will even crucify Christ a second time because we do not have the Holy Spirit. Listen to what
Christ said in John 14

Quote:
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
So it also follows that where he is , that is where his followers will be . Mathew 24
Quote:
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
. The carcass is The Godhead, the eagles are his elects/followers. Those his immediate followers, his disciples , righteous men of God , who had walked with him are also with him in these days of the end. You now understand why Paul said that Christians need not worry about their departed folks as they will manifest with Christ in His Day. Verses construed ignorantly as supporting rapture.

To conclude, I want to look at how Christ talked about these last days. Luke 17

Quote:
22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it. 23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them. 24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day. 25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
The Christ of God will suffer many things and we would reject him - Christians, moslems etc in this era. He was rejected before, he will still be rejected again! Jesus the same, yesterday and today! His days will resemble the days of Noah, who was rejected till the flood came. Can we now understand why he says that the tribes of the earth shall mourn?

Quote:
30 and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory
Quote:
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 for the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

The question then is what is this new name? It means the word of God, the vanquisher, but it was written in a language that John did not understand, but he understood the meaning of the name. Rev 19
Look out for a gentile nation for a group that the leader wears a red (blood) garment, with the followers on white who teaches clearly the word of God in truth and in righteousness. He is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. No mortal man can answer that name without the angels accosting him the way Herod was struck down.

Quote:
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 12:40 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,775,881 times
His name is revealed to those who know Him. I know Him and I keep His word.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:45 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,235,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
His name is revealed to those who know Him. I know Him and I keep His word.
amen

Old 05-20-2014, 04:41 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,971,995 times
God`s new name is Jesus , and the New Jerusalem is the Temple of the Holy Spirit , see the Old Temple was only in Jerusalem ............. Holy Spirit brings the gifts from Jesus blood as nothing but the blood of Jesus will release His grace ...............Holy Spirit cannot forgive sin or judge the living or the dead , only Father God and Lord Jesus can forgive sin ................Holy Spirit is never to be glorified but venerated ..............Holy spirit is the deliverer of God grace , and all gifts of Holy Spirit are conducted by Holy Spirit ................ All lost to God people blaspheme the Holy Spirit , and Christians who deny the Holy Spirit and the lead in the Spirit , But only Father God and Lord Jesus can forgive the blaspheme of Holy Spirit, which He is worthy to do

Old 05-20-2014, 08:47 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,775,881 times
Jeremiah 23

"In days to come I will raise up a righteous shoot to David. As king he will govern and reign wisely. He will do what is right and just in the land. In his day Judah shall be saved, Israel shall dwell in peace. The name they will give him is the Lord our righteousness."

"Let him who is wise understand these things, let him who is prudent know them. Straight are the ways of the Lord, the just walk in them but sinners will stumble."

Old 05-21-2014, 08:33 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,662,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post

The question then is what is this new name? It means the word of God, the vanquisher, but it was written in a language that John did not understand, but he understood the meaning of the name. Rev 19
Look out for a gentile nation for a group that the leader wears a red (blood) garment, with the followers on white who teaches clearly the word of God in truth and in righteousness. He is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. No mortal man can answer that name without the angels accosting him the way Herod was struck down.

The actual name of G-d is only meant to be seen and only in its original language in the OT (NT uses Greek). John knew the original language and knew it should not be uttered or written in any other place.

Also fwiw 'gentile nation' is actually 'nation' in the original languge. The Greek version kept it in it's original form using Ethnos, but the Romans changed to be Gentiles. Thus if you reverse engineer each word to the original language they both yield the same word.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:54 AM

1,311 posts, read 1,522,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
The actual name of G-d is only meant to be seen and only in its original language in the OT (NT uses Greek). John knew the original language and knew it should not be uttered or written in any other place.
Along these lines ...a name written, that no man knew... I've seen explained as Shem HaMephorash (שם המפורש) or tetragrammaton, יהוה Yhvh. Commentator Adam Clarke writes, This name the Jews never attempt to pronounce: when they meet with it in the Bible, they read אדני Adonai for it; but, to a man, they all declare that no man can pronounce it; and that the true pronunciation has been lost, at least since the Babylonish captivity; and that God alone knows its true interpretation and pronunciation. This, therefore, is the name which no man knew but he himself.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:16 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,662,949 times
Using this version is a violation of the OT and direct (formal) prayers: tetragrammaton, יהוה Yhvh.

Saying it out loud is forbidden as since those of us of the book can see it and understand it without having to pronounce it. The letters themselves are past, present and future tenses of the words similar to saying "I am who I am". Once we accept there is only one g-d, then there is no need for him to have a name.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
God`s new name is Jesus , and the New Jerusalem is the Temple of the Holy Spirit , see the Old Temple was only in Jerusalem ............. Holy Spirit brings the gifts from Jesus blood as nothing but the blood of Jesus will release His grace ...............Holy Spirit cannot forgive sin or judge the living or the dead , only Father God and Lord Jesus can forgive sin ................Holy Spirit is never to be glorified but venerated ..............Holy spirit is the deliverer of God grace , and all gifts of Holy Spirit are conducted by Holy Spirit ................ All lost to God people blaspheme the Holy Spirit , and Christians who deny the Holy Spirit and the lead in the Spirit , But only Father God and Lord Jesus can forgive the blaspheme of Holy Spirit, which He is worthy to do
hljc

How can you say this with a straight face?

Did John not know the name Jesus? Or did Jesus forget that he was once called Jesus when he ascended to heaven? Saying his new name is Jesus means you do not believe in His words.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Al View Post
Along these lines ...a name written, that no man knew... I've seen explained as Shem HaMephorash (שם המפורש) or tetragrammaton, יהוה Yhvh. Commentator Adam Clarke writes, This name the Jews never attempt to pronounce: when they meet with it in the Bible, they read אדני Adonai for it; but, to a man, they all declare that no man can pronounce it; and that the true pronunciation has been lost, at least since the Babylonish captivity; and that God alone knows its true interpretation and pronunciation. This, therefore, is the name which no man knew but he himself.
Pastor

I hope you realize that almost all old testament doctrine were inaccurate. Christ commented " all that came before me were thieves and ..". When folks quote the old testament, they should note the caveat by Christ, and know that in those days men related with angels and archangels and not directly with God.

Only Christ called God his true name. His real name is the Father. He is the Father of all creations. All other names are inaccurate: Jehova, ELohim , Allah, etc are names of angels, not the name of the Almighty.

For the new name, you really cannot name what has not manifested on earth. It means that God and Christ must incarnate on earth as promised to be able to get new names. That name is certainly not Jesus.

The Bible in Rev 19 says
Quote:
and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Quote:
and his name is called The Word of God.
No man knew , not no man could pronounce... You can only pronounce what you know. John saw the name, but concluded that no man knew it because he could not pronounce it. It was not written in any language he had known (hebrew, aramaic, latin, greek). If it were in any of the above he would have known and recognized the name. However, in spirit, he knew the meaning of the name: the word of God.

Stop confusing yourself with the doctrine of Moses, and fancy Jewish names for God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity