Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 10:13 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Wow, awesome post trumpethim! You really know what is going on.

Because of the greed of the elite, and the general apathy of the population, we are going to destroy ourselves.
Nope, God will do it. He said so.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:19 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Nope, God will do it. He said so.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:00 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
I think a lot of the population of america and elsewhere has slowly but surely degenerated on a path of lawlessness, low morals, no respect for God, belief in Jesus out the window, yet there are beleivers, but still, i think the liberals and progressives and people who love sin and now demand that the laws shall be changed for the liberals,, has degenerated america and now i belive we reap what we sow. Already reaping, but probably will continue as morals and sin and no respect ofr God continue. of course there are some that are following the Lord and God will care of those that are His. i hope im in the Lords care, i sometimes do not know if i am still a child of God ,, you know, life happens,,, i doubt myself.. but. in my heart i respect the Lord.. i just am self critical.. but i do respect the Lord and I wish more would. but too many just want to do what they want irregardless of what God wants. But sin is prevalent.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:25 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I think a lot of the population of america and elsewhere has slowly but surely degenerated on a path of lawlessness, low morals, no respect for God, belief in Jesus out the window, yet there are beleivers, but still, i think the liberals and progressives and people who love sin and now demand that the laws shall be changed for the liberals,, has degenerated america and now i belive we reap what we sow. Already reaping, but probably will continue as morals and sin and no respect ofr God continue. of course there are some that are following the Lord and God will care of those that are His. i hope im in the Lords care, i sometimes do not know if i am still a child of God ,, you know, life happens,,, i doubt myself.. but. in my heart i respect the Lord.. i just am self critical.. but i do respect the Lord and I wish more would. but too many just want to do what they want irregardless of what God wants. But sin is prevalent.
Too true.

Doubt is OK if it motivates us to look in that mirror Paul spoke of and fix anything that does not look good.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Perception is everything.

Is your glass always half empty?

Old 05-27-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Perception is everything.

Is your glass always half empty?
You may look at it as I'm being pessimistic. However the topic is America's Moral Collapse; these are the things that I believe have led - and are still leading to the moral collapse of america (and the rest of the world). This cannot bring anything good, what we sew, we reap.

I do believe some of the world's trouble are God's message for us to wake up and take notice. In the least, we should turn to God in times of trouble, how else are we going to make it ?????

So i am not a strong Christian, I have faults and baggage.. but just like the ones who got on the arc with Noah, they were saved. (I dont recall the family of Noah being so perfect, but yet, they were on the arc, and the punishment to the world did not touch them.). this is a common theme in the Bible. God gives grace not to those who work for it, but to those He chooses. This is great forgiveness and mercy!!!!

Old 05-27-2014, 07:30 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times
Quote:
So who ever is conservative has morals .

What about Gringrich who impeached Clinton for having an affair?

Gingrich also acknowledged cheating on Ginther while leading the impeachment proceedings against President Clinton for allegations of perjury involving the Paula Jones sexual harassment civil case and the president's affair with Monica Lewinsky.

Gingrich Admits to Affair During Clinton Impeachment - ABC News

He admitted cheating on his 2 wives even though he claims to be a Christian.

In addition the divorce rate among people that call themselves Born Again Christians are similar to other Americans.

A new study released by The Barna Group, of Ventura, California, shows that the likelihood of married adults getting divorced is identical among born again Christians and those who are not born again. The study also cited attitudinal data showing that most Americans reject the notion that divorce is a sin.https://www.barna.org/barna-update/a...s#.U4U7UvmSxxo

Yet the bible mentions that God hates divorce:
Malachi 2:16 "I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith.

So if America has a moral collapse it is not necessary the only work of people that call themselves liberal or progressive.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:52 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post

Gingrich also acknowledged cheating on Ginther while leading the impeachment proceedings against President Clinton for allegations of perjury involving the Paula Jones sexual harassment civil case and the president's affair with Monica Lewinsky.

In addition the divorce rate among people that call themselves Born Again Christians are similar to other Americans.

A new study released by The Barna Group, of Ventura, California, shows that the likelihood of married adults getting divorced is identical among born again Christians and those who are not born again. The study also cited attitudinal data showing that most Americans reject the notion that divorce is a sin.https://www.barna.org/barna-update/a...s#.U4U7UvmSxxo

Malachi 2:16 "I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith.

So if America has a moral collapse it is not necessary the only work of people that call themselves liberal or progressive.
I wonder how many here who salivate at the chance of sticking it to a "conservative", a "fundamentalist" or the boogie man "biblean" will vehemently be in your face for daring to repeat a verse that doesn't promote anything other than God IS love .... Malachi 2:16

timer started.....

Old 05-27-2014, 07:55 PM

995 posts, read 956,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Usually this is mentioned when the homosexual agenda advances in our culture... however is not not mentioned when the rich get away with breaking the law, or when the government let's crime slide without punishment to certain people.

But on occasion someone will remark about the moral decline and corruption of the country.

Here's my question. Will we know when God has had enough? And what will those signs be?

I remember when Hurricane Katrina was occurring - some would suggest God's punishment - people said they were crazy.

California has had numerous wildfires in their state - but to suggest it to be because of God's punishment would be insensitive to many.

You can even go back to 9/11 and the WTC - would anyone consider that as punishment from God?

How about the economy? Many people out of work... the government mismanages the money it gets and has the country in extreme debt... higher prices for necessities...

Deuteronomy 28 lists a bunch of curses that would occur if Israel did not follow the Lord. I know we are not Israel - but it would seem foolish to think that some of those predictions would not happen here upon us not following the Lord. And if the Lord did act, there are plenty of worldly excuses to overlook God's hand - global warming, the world hates us so they attacked, it's the Republicans fault or the Dems, etc.

I understand that the world won't understand - but will Christians see God's hand in these events? OR is it God removing His protection from us so that we self destruct on our own? OR do we simply echo the world's reasoning?

I believe the moral collapse comes from people who follow the Bible. The Bible is at the source to all the friction in the Middle east, it is responsible for slavery in America, and is at the source of Islam itself. Muhammad is just another Moses. The second coming, if you will. Same laws, same tyranny. The Bible made him what he was. The Bible is the book of terrorism. It teaches terrorism.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post

You are right about the examples you mentioned. In many groups of people who name themselves with a particular label, there are hypocrites, sinners, good people, bad people, christians in name only, and other such like that. I think of liberals and progressives as those who are not conservative, i.e. traditional, moral, kinda of like what we had a hundred years ago in general (where you could give your word and it was akin to your written oath, but thats gone with the wind nowadays where you have to get every promise in writing or else say by by to your expectation of promises fulfilled. I consider a liberal in a pejorative way, though you are right, some liberals may have good ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity