Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 06:37 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
If I desire to have lots of close friendships with the people who I knew and loved on Earth in Heaven what would be the best way for me to bring as many people as possible to enter Heaven? I would also love for there to be lots of people who I've always wanted to meet along with so much more to enter Heaven, I do pray for God to help guide everyone on the path He wants us to be on so they won't have to suffer in Hell (which we greatly deserve), I have a learning disability and I often get shunned and rejected by lots of people because I'm a lot different than those who they prefer to associate with, I love people and am more than willing to forgive those who have hurt me and even would love and desire to have close friendships with these people in Heaven, I know the only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ and to turn away from our sins and to follow Him.
Learn about universalism and you will understand that all will get to Heaven. God won't leave our salvation to our depraved selves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 06:49 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
You can't do diddly squat. ONLY God decides who goes to Heaven and who doesn't.
To assume that you are GUARANTEED of going to Heaven is blasphemy. God makes that decision and NOT you.
You sound like a Calvinist...I am from A-town, pa...

Last edited by Richard1965; 05-24-2014 at 07:07 AM..

Old 05-24-2014, 06:52 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Did Jesus end up in hell ?_____
The day that Jesus died Jesus went to hell according to Acts 2 vs 27,31; Psalm 16 v 10
Jesus did Not go to some permanent non-biblical hell teaching of forever torture.
Rather, Jesus went to the grave where the dead sleep in death until resurrected out of the Bible's temporary grave or hell.
[ John 11 vs 11-14; Psalms 6 v 5; 13 v 3; 115 v 17; 146 v 4; Daniel 12 vs 2,13; Ecclesiastes 9 v 5 ]
KJV Bibles translated the word Gehenna as: hellfire. Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed forever, Not kept burning forever, So ' hellfire ' [ Gehenna ] is a symbol of destruction Not torture.
[Only the wicked are to be destroyed forever- Psalm 92 v 7 ]
According to Revelation [ 20 vs 13,14 ] after everyone in biblical hell is ' delivered up ' [ resurrected out of hell/ grave ] then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into a symbolic ' second death ' for vacated hell.
So, yes, God has plans [ purpose ] for us. Some people will be resurrected out of biblical hell to heaven.- Rev. 20 v 6
And the majority of mankind [ John 3 v 13 ] will be resurrected out of the Bible's temporary hell/ grave back to healthy physical life on earth during Jesus' coming 1000-year kingdom reign over earth when even ' enemy death ' will be no more. - 1st Cor. 15 v 26; Rev. 21 vs 4,5

We are nearing the coming ' time of separation ' of Matthew 25 vs 31,32 when the humble ' sheep' will be separated from the haughty ' goats'. The living ' sheep' on earth can remain alive on earth, and keep right on living on earth right into the start of Jesus millennium-long day of reigning over earth, or over earthly subjects of God's kingdom over earth - Psalm 72 v 8.
Did you ever wonder how this planet will be able to hold that many people?...We are at about seven billion now and having trouble...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity