Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 02:06 AM

309 posts, read 261,222 times

Advertisements

I believe this piece of scripture to give us a glimpse into the beautiful heart of the Holy Spirit -

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

The Holy Spirit Himself prays for us. He intercedes on our behalf before the throne of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 06:48 AM

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

NKJV Scholastic Commentary: This invitation by the Spirit remains open to anyone who will come by faith to Christ to accept the LORD's gracious offer of eternal life.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:33 AM

Romans 8:15-16 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out "Abba, Father". The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.

It is through the Holy Spirit as the Spirit of adoption that we are adopted as children of God. The Holy Spirit bears witness when believers cry out to the Father in prayer.

Old 08-30-2014, 01:21 PM

Hebrew 10:15-18 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; For after He had said before,

"This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them, then He adds, "Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more." Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:27 PM

Romans 14:17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

NKJV Scholastic Commentary: The kingdom of God does not consist of external things like food, but in spiritual realities like righteousness in action and thought, peace that seeks harmony, and joy that comes from the Holy Spirit. Those who understand the spiritual realities of the kingdom will not choose the brief joy of satisfying selfish desires over the spiritual joy of putting aside those desires for the sake of others.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:39 AM

Hebrew 10:15-18 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; For after He had said before,

"This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them," then He adds, "Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more." Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:41 AM

1 John 4:13 By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us His Spirit.

NKJV Scholastic Commentary: By this looks forward to the evidence of His Spirit rather than back to the evidence of love (vv.7-11) for proof that we abide in Him, and He in us (3:24). Mutual abiding refer to the fellowship we have with God as result of our salvation. The evidence that God abides in us and we in Him, is the experience of the Holy Spirit dwelling in us. In the remainder of this passage (vv.12-16), John explains how a believer can know that the Spirit is working in his or her life (vv.15,16).

It is the Spirit of truth which bears witness to the indwelt Spirit.

1 John 5:6 And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
This reminds me of those videos or pictures on Facebook where you see a picture of Jesus as a reflection in a window in the hospital room.
It is the flash of the digital camera which lights up the Spirit's form and simultaneously snaps the photograph.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:21 AM

1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned".

NKJV Scholastic Commentary: natural man: The natural person does not have the Spirit of God, In contrast to the Christian who does have the Spirit (15:44-46). Receive here means "to welcome."

The Spirit of God and His acts are not known and seen as foolishness by the natural man. This is because the natural man does not know the Spirit of God nor His acts and are spiritually discerned.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:05 AM

2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.

This can be seen in photographs of supernatural orbs as the Holy Spirit who bears witness. These supernatural orbs are the eyes of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity