Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 07:12 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
Please note that the unbelieving in Revelation 21:8 dignifies whom will be judged by their deeds at the great white throne judgment when all the dead are judged & death & hell are cast into the lake of fire.

Unrepentant believers will be left behind at the pre tribulational rapture event; that is when God will excommunicate the saved believers not abiding in Him by looking to Jesus Christ, the author & finisher of our faith, to help them lay aside every weight & sin. They shall be left behind to give them unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh so that their spirits shall be saved in the day of Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

So they will miss out on the Marriage Supper to face the coming fire on the earth; but they that are Christ's at His coming shall be resurrected after the great tribulation as vessels unto dishonor in His House for not trusting Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd to help them in departing from iniquity.

So OSAS is true but if saved believers are not living that reconciled relationship with God by faith in Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd, which is the whole point of this reconciliation and not just about salvation, they will find themselves as the prodigal son in having given up that first inheritance for something vain & fleeting that he can never be that vessel unto honor in His House ever again once the door to the Marriage Supper is shut, but he is still saved as a son whom will serve as a vessel unto dishonor in His House as a testimony of the power of God in salvation for even those who believe in His name.

But.... there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth over the loss of that eternal inheritance as God will perform a miracle to get past that loss by wiping the tears away from their eyes in serving the King of kings all over the world as priests and kings in ushering the generations coming in the milleniel reign of Christ. That means they will have a glorified terrestriel body that can still die, but the power of the second death will not be over them, meaning they are in no danger of being cast into the lake of fire.

It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God; being left behind is being excommunicated for not trusting Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd in getting ready to go before the Bridegroom comes.

But the prodigal son, even though he has given up that inheritance, will find he is still son.
Fear mongerer...

Old 02-27-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Why is there so much concern over what total strangers are doing? If they are going to hell, they are going to hell. Nothing can be done about it. Sucks I know, but its not like they don't know the deal.
Which deal is that?...Krishna's deal?...Buddha's deal?...Mormon's deal?...Jehovah's Witnesses' deal?...Islam's deal?...etc., etc....

Old 02-27-2017, 07:20 AM

1,100 posts, read 795,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And, as you have been told before, the KJV is full of errors...It has been proven...The only reason that you like it is because you were taught to...You have not attempted to check it...
No. It has not been proven.

And what do you have to say for the correction of the KJV regarding Matthew 5:22 as quoted from the OP?

So it is like... you give vague & boastful claim that you have not shown here, and yet by the very OP, readers can decide for themselves what Bible version they should rely on if they expect to correct any one by His words containing the actual message for us to have in following Him as His disciple by His grace & by His help.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
No. It has not been proven.

Yes it has...The Christian Old Testament doesn't even parallel the Tanakh...Now how can that be when people are told that it is a direct translation of the Hebrew Scriptures when it is not?...Could you please explain that?...

Quote:
And what do you have to say for the correction of the KJV regarding Matthew 5:22 as quoted from the OP?
YLT

Mat 5:22 but I--I say to you, that every one who is angry at his brother without cause, shall be in danger of the judgment, and whoever may say to his brother, Empty fellow! shall be in danger of the sanhedrim, and whoever may say, Rebel! shall be in danger of the gehenna of the fire.

KJV

Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

I am sure that you are talking about this word>>>

Raca
vain, empty, worthless, only found in Matthew 5:22 . The Jews used it as a word of contempt. It is derived from a root meaning "to spit."

Quote:
So it is like... you give vague & boastful claim that you have not shown here, and yet by the very OP, readers can decide for themselves what Bible version they should rely on if they expect to correct any one by His words containing the actual message for us to have in following Him as His disciple by His grace & by His help.
Vague and boastful?...Not so much...Just because I do not say what you want to hear me say doesn't mean that it is vague...

Old 02-27-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Yes it has...The Christian Old Testament doesn't even parallel the Tanakh...Now how can that be when people are told that it is a direct translation of the Hebrew Scriptures when it is not?...Could you please explain that?...
Can you prove that the Tanakh has not been changed because the early christians were using the O.T. in winning converts that Jesus was and is the One prophesied in the O.T. to come as the Christ?

Quote:

YLT

Mat 5:22 but I--I say to you, that every one who is angry at his brother without cause, shall be in danger of the judgment, and whoever may say to his brother, Empty fellow! shall be in danger of the sanhedrim, and whoever may say, Rebel! shall be in danger of the gehenna of the fire.

KJV

Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

I am sure that you are talking about this word>>>

Raca
vain, empty, worthless, only found in Matthew 5:22 . The Jews used it as a word of contempt. It is derived from a root meaning "to spit."

Vague and boastful?...Not so much...Just because I do not say what you want to hear me say doesn't mean that it is vague...
Your Tanakh is circumspect which is why I referred to your proving the KJV as full of errors as vague and boastful claim.

Citing other Bible versions only proves my point that the OP had the wrong Bible version to start this controversial topic in this thread by.

AND when comparing all Bible versions altogether as to which is keeping the message that He wants us to have, without declining from the testimony of the Son, the KJV is the one to go with because that Bible proves it loves Him & His words to not decline from the testimonies of the Son whereas in other various places of the modern Bibles, it has declined from such testimonies of the Son.

Like Romans 8:26-27 where verse 27 is about the testimony of the Son in knowing the mind of the Spirit is how the unspeakable intercessions of the Holy Spirit in verse 26 is given to God the Father by way of the Son in verse 27. ALL Bible versions imply that the Holy Spirit utters sounds in giving His own intercessions Himself when John 16:13 testifies that the Holy Spirit can only speak what He hears for He cannot speak of Himself at all. The truths in the KJV all lines up with no verse opposing the other.

Or 1 Peter 4:19 where it declines from the testimony of the Son by making it about the suffering believer in being "committed" willfully to do good while he suffers when that is not the message at all in the KJV.

1 Peter 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

The phrase "well doing" is on our faithful Creator in keeping the believers' souls while they suffer.

Now which is a testimony of the Son that would make you love Him more by?

Old 02-27-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Can you prove that the Tanakh has not been changed because the early christians were using the O.T. in winning converts that Jesus was and is the One prophesied in the O.T. to come as the Christ?
The Hebrew Scriptures have not been changed...Why would they?...

Quote:
Your Tanakh is circumspect which is why I referred to your proving the KJV as full of errors as vague and boastful claim.

Why is it circumspect?...

Quote:
Citing other Bible versions only proves my point that the OP had the wrong Bible version to start this controversial topic in this thread by.
No...I showed the other versions to show you that the KJV is wrong and it is wrong for you to worship the KJV...

Quote:
AND when comparing all Bible versions altogether as to which is keeping the message that He wants us to have, without declining from the testimony of the Son, the KJV is the one to go with because that Bible proves it loves Him & His words to not decline from the testimonies of the Son whereas in other various places of the modern Bibles, it has declined from such testimonies of the Son.
Who's message?...The authors of those letters?...

Quote:
Like Romans 8:26-27 where verse 27 is about the testimony of the Son in knowing the mind of the Spirit is how the unspeakable intercessions of the Holy Spirit in verse 26 is given to God the Father by way of the Son in verse 27. ALL Bible versions imply that the Holy Spirit utters sounds in giving His own intercessions Himself when John 16:13 testifies that the Holy Spirit can only speak what He hears for He cannot speak of Himself at all. The truths in the KJV all lines up with no verse opposing the other.
Sounds like you have found some contradictions...What you call the Holy Spirit is merely the Spirit of G-d, which is Holy...Just as you have a spirit, also does G-d...

Old 02-27-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
The Hebrew Scriptures have not been changed...Why would they?...

Why is it circumspect?...
You do realize that not all Bibles say the same thing; and when the Book of Acts has shown how His disciples were winning converts from reading from the O.T. that prophesied & proves that Jesus is the Christ, you really think they would not change some of the wordings in the Tanakh to stop that? John 14:23-24 has Jesus testifying that the Father prophesied that this would happen.

Quote:
No...I showed the other versions to show you that the KJV is wrong and it is wrong for you to worship the KJV...
I do not worship the KJV. I had shared why I rely on it over all modern Bibles & I add that I give that credit to Jesus Christ in being my Good Shepherd to see that truth about the KJV over all modern Bibles.

You are going off topic when the OP had shown a Bible version that in error, left out "without a cause" in regards to anger is how his topic for this thread is disproven by the KJV's Matthew 5:22 and your additional versions that has this "without cause" also.

Quote:
Who's message?...The authors of those letters?...
His sayings as per Matthew 5:22 as John 14:23-24 has warned us & His disciples sayings as Jesus has warned us in John 15:20. Since His disciples are led by the Holy Spirit to write; and Paul does let us know when he is speaking and when the Lord is by commandment in 1 Corinthians 7th chapter as an example .....you can credit the written words as coming from the Lord Jesus Christ thru the Holy Spirit.

Quote:
Sounds like you have found some contradictions...What you call the Holy Spirit is merely the Spirit of G-d, which is Holy...Just as you have a spirit, also does G-d...
Only the Lord can help you understand, but God refers to the Holy Spirit as another Witness that can be grieved separately from the Father & the Son.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:10 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Will habitually sexually immoral Christians go to heaven? No wilful sinner will be in Heaven.

1 Corinthians 6
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
Funny...Peter willfully sinned, Saul willfully sinned...David BIG time willfully sinned!
Where the heck do you think they are now?

I'm not a fundie...sorry. The Bible is not my teacher, nor placed on a pedestal of perfection for me.
I am not condoning adultery...but, it is a mistake made by weak willed people driven
by their uncontrollable urges, looking for love and the eternal high in the wrong place, as drugs addicts are...
You think our father doesn't know and understand this?
So, what, they need help, therapy, forgiveness...not banishment from their Home.

Ans to ques: Katherine

Old 02-27-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
You do realize that not all Bibles say the same thing; and when the Book of Acts has shown how His disciples were winning converts from reading from the O.T. that prophesied & proves that Jesus is the Christ, you really think they would not change some of the wordings in the Tanakh to stop that? John 14:23-24 has Jesus testifying that the Father prophesied that this would happen.

I do not worship the KJV. I had shared why I rely on it over all modern Bibles & I add that I give that credit to Jesus Christ in being my Good Shepherd to see that truth about the KJV over all modern Bibles.

You are going off topic when the OP had shown a Bible version that in error, left out "without a cause" in regards to anger is how his topic for this thread is disproven by the KJV's Matthew 5:22 and your additional versions that has this "without cause" also.

His sayings as per Matthew 5:22 as John 14:23-24 has warned us & His disciples sayings as Jesus has warned us in John 15:20. Since His disciples are led by the Holy Spirit to write; and Paul does let us know when he is speaking and when the Lord is by commandment in 1 Corinthians 7th chapter as an example .....you can credit the written words as coming from the Lord Jesus Christ thru the Holy Spirit.

Only the Lord can help you understand, but God refers to the Holy Spirit as another Witness that can be grieved separately from the Father & the Son.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
G-d doesn't refer to it, the writer does...I've studied the NT backwards and forwards and the OT, compared it to the Hebrew Scriptures...For Jews changing or adding to G-d's words is a big no-no...This is where you are being biased...

Old 02-27-2017, 05:01 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Quote:
This is why having the correct Bible is essential to following Jesus Christ. Always compare the KJV with whatever Bible version you are reading, but go with what the KJV has;
So Christians were following Jesus all wrong for 1600 years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity