Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 08:16 PM

13 posts, read 34,613 times

Advertisements

I'm new to the site, but not a new Christain. I have been googling to try to find out the "context" in which Brother Hagee made his controversial statements. I'm familiar with his ministry and find it hard to believe he is an apostate. It reminds me of the comments made by Ann Coulter, which were taken way out of context by people who seem to be ignorant of the Scriptures.

dave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 08:50 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,196,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior4Jesus View Post
I'm new to the site, but not a new Christain. I have been googling to try to find out the "context" in which Brother Hagee made his controversial statements. I'm familiar with his ministry and find it hard to believe he is an apostate. It reminds me of the comments made by Ann Coulter, which were taken way out of context by people who seem to be ignorant of the Scriptures.

dave
A search on youtube (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8khCJTDD44) reveals he has clearly gone the way of a heretic. He's been leaning this way for sometime now. He does not know the Bible with his openly endtime support for "Israel" He's just another one of these that thinks they can "hurry" Christ by doing things with "Israel."

Old 12-13-2007, 08:56 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,363 times
Quote:

dave
Read the thread about van impe below or better yet,you could search this site or someother christian sites about televangelist and you will find hagee. He is like most of the other televangelist..money ,money,money. He lives on a huge ranch for crying out loud. Why doesn`t he scale back his lifestyle and give the money to help the poor like his God tells him to do? No,he would rather spend his money on elaborate tv sets and horses etc. obviously that is more important to him. Doesn`t God say don`t store up treasures on earth? I also have trouble listening to someone who says he is called of God,has the calling of God in his life,so much so that he is on the world stage being the voice of God, interpreting God`s word and he doesn`t have the discipline over his own body. Maybe he has some kind of problem that can`t be controlled but if he is aligning himself with the likes of copeland then he will tell you that God will cure you of any physical or mental ailment. If you are not receiving healing then you don`t have enough faith. Like most televangelist it`s all about fame and fortune. Just because someone holds a bible in their hand and can quote scripture..some of it falsely.. does not make him a man of God. I`ve seen him lately on Kenneth Copelands telethon. `Let`s give the lord a shout of praise in the house of God`.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:14 PM

Thank you for your responses. I've watched him on and off over the years and have found nothing to suggest that he denies the Diety, the Resurrection, or any of the other fundamentals.

I've seen some of the youtube and other stuff, but I'm not sure what he's insinuating. If he's saying that Christ is not the Messiah for Israel, then that is obviously wrong. But if he's saying that Christ did not come to earth the first time to be Messiah (in the sense of setting up his kingdom), then isn't that correct? (Meaning that He came to earth to die for sin the first time, and will come to earth the second time to set up His kingdom).

See what I mean? I want to give Brother Hagee the benefit of the doubt and I think he was suggesting the latter.

I've been to his site and did not find a rebuttal, but I haven't been in the last week or so.

thanx,
dave

Old 12-13-2007, 11:42 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,008,154 times
Here's his response regarding the earlier statements he had made. I guess he made these claims then, once confronted with them, was asked if he would like to respond to the issue.
I wasn't aware of this until you just brought it up. So I have been reading about it for a while now and I am shocked at some of the things he said. However, you could possibly be correct as far as the first coming to earth.

http://theexpositor.wordpress.com/20...ersy/#comments

I've listened to him a little bit on the radio, but not much. This is why it's dangerous for believers to trust in man's interpretation rather than relying on God to reveal Himself to us.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:36 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Here's his response regarding the earlier statements he had made. I guess he made these claims then, once confronted with them, was asked if he would like to respond to the issue.
I wasn't aware of this until you just brought it up. So I have been reading about it for a while now and I am shocked at some of the things he said. However, you could possibly be correct as far as the first coming to earth.

I've listened to him a little bit on the radio, but not much. This is why it's dangerous for believers to trust in man's interpretation rather than relying on God to reveal Himself to us.
true...so true

Old 12-14-2007, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post

Thank you for digging that up for me (Hagee's response). It is an acceptable response imo. I have heard many, many preachers say the same thing over the years, just using different symantics. We have to be careful not to accept the first apparently misspoken comment from Christians. I'm sure I've said things that, taken out of context, could be misconstrued as herectical when they are not.

dave

Old 12-14-2007, 06:34 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,196,787 times
Quote:
Thank you for digging that up for me (Hagee's response). It is an acceptable response imo. I have heard many, many preachers say the same thing over the years, just using different symantics. We have to be careful not to accept the first apparently misspoken comment from Christians. I'm sure I've said things that, taken out of context, could be misconstrued as herectical when they are not.

dave
Still we have to be very careful there is a flood of every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there attempting to tell us what the Bible says or what God says. They are slick, crafty, manipulative, and deceptive. To tell you the truth I really don't trust any of them only Jesus and the Bible what else do you need?

Turn them off

Close their books

Stop giving to them

Open your Bibles

And pray!

Old 12-14-2007, 06:43 AM

919 posts, read 3,184,408 times
John Hagee has alot of nerve to cast judgement when he is as large as he is!!!

Old 12-14-2007, 06:47 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,621,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Turn them off

Close their books

Stop giving to them

Open your Bibles

And pray!
And that's some of the better advice one could get, when it comes to listening to most, if not all, of these tv evangelists. Particularly the "stop giving to them" part. If folks would use their God-given commons sense, and stop supporting these people, they would go away. There certainly would not be any reason to continue in tv evangelism, if they were not gathering in scads of money. It would be head-spinning just how fast most of these people would jump ship, if the money river suddenly dried up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity