Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 03:24 PM

18,185 posts, read 16,750,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Everybody dies at some point.

I thought that this forum was for Christians. I am surprised to see that atheists are allowed to post on this forum.
Riveting response to my question, thank you, John.

I am a Christian/Theist/Deist, in that I accept tenants of all three. I do believe in God and have always been taught that God puts His own children first. There was no faith healer working on her as someone above suggested. She merely slipped into a coma as terminal patients usually do hours before death and had a NDE. She says God told her to go back to her body; she had no say in the matter and actually wanted to stay on the other side, but God refused to allow her to and told her she would experience a complete remission of her cancer. That was in 2006 and she has been cancer-free ever since. Most doctors will tell you that the optimum survival rate for most cancer remissions is 5 years.

By the Christian fundamentalist definition, Anita is unsaved and not a child of God, yet God chose to miraculously save her and ignore millions of Christian children dying horribly painful deaths from cancer. Which of you fathers out there, whose child needed a heart transplant, would give the donated heart to a stranger and let your own child die?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 04:36 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,017,276 times
Since becoming a Universalist, I've looked into NDE's on a frequent basis, because of their universal God-is-no respecter-of-persons occurence. Anita's story makes no sense to the hellfire torment mindset, much the same as only saving (roughly) 5 to 10% of mankind. The realisation that God loves everybody absolutely equally, and is able to, and going to, restore them to Himself is quite liberating. God hides His glory in a way where you have to search it out and need faith to acknowledge it. I think He takes great pleasure in Anita's healing and few apart from the Christian community get it, but that's exactly how He planned it. Jesus wasn't at all bothered about people becoming 'lost'/mystified through unexplained parables, because He trusted the Holy Spirit to draw people to the Father at their appointed time.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 36,988,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post

I thought that this forum was for Christians. I am surprised to see that atheists are allowed to post on this forum.
Oh, yes indeed they are!

We're integrated.

Old 06-05-2014, 05:33 PM

9,664 posts, read 9,919,726 times
Usually some Christians may Love the Lord and pray , but do not Know the Word of God ................ See cancer and many other diseases come by the demons , and Jesus will not cleans people who do not take up that authority and command the demons to go and rebuke them in Jesus name , as Jesus will not do that as no were in the New Testament does it say Jesus will do something about the demons bothering Christians ......................See In Mark 16:17.... Jesus said ...``And these signs will follow them that believe , In My name will they caste out devils ``.................See believers will caste out devils In Jesus name NOT Jesus will remove the devils for me , believers are given the authority of the believers to caste out the devil for Jesus , by the unity of authority and power of God ................. ..Many churches do not teach this subject , but some do .................. See there is a gland disruptor demons which manipulate the flesh of man and create the cancer cell usually if people are in distress and strife also If believers lean on the Lord and command and plan with Jesus then these cancer demons will not have a place with believers .. There are other demons of cognitive mind disruptor, abdomen disruptor , and mobilities disruptor demons , and all are a threat to stabilities in Christ and life

Old 06-05-2014, 05:50 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,867,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Usually some Christians may Love the Lord and pray , but do not Know the Word of God ................ See cancer and many other diseases come by the demons , and Jesus will not cleans people who do not take up that authority and command the demons to go and rebuke them in Jesus name , as Jesus will not do that as no were in the New Testament does it say Jesus will do something about the demons bothering Christians ......................See In Mark 16:17.... Jesus said ...``And these signs will follow them that believe , In My name will they caste out devils ``.................See believers will caste out devils In Jesus name NOT Jesus will remove the devils for me , believers are given the authority of the believers to caste out the devil for Jesus , by the unity of authority and power of God ................. ..Many churches do not teach this subject , but some do .................. See there is a gland disruptor demons which manipulate the flesh of man and create the cancer cell usually if people are in distress and strife also If believers lean on the Lord and command and plan with Jesus then these cancer demons will not have a place with believers .. There are other demons of cognitive mind disruptor, abdomen disruptor , and mobilities disruptor demons , and all are a threat to stabilities in Christ and life
Understanding science is not your strong suit, is it?

Old 06-05-2014, 05:59 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,041,898 times
Then He said, Solemnly I say to you, no prophet is acceptable and welcome in his [own] town (country).
But in truth I tell you, there were many widows in Israel in the days of Elijah, when the heavens were closed up for three years and six months, so that there came a great famine over all the land;
And yet Elijah was not sent to a single one of them, but only to Zarephath in the country of Sidon, to a woman who was a widow.
And there were many lepers in Israel in the time of Elisha the prophet, and yet not one of them was cleansed [by being healed]—but only Naaman the Syrian.

Proof enough that Christianity does not have the corner in regards to God and the things of God,and neither can it stop him from showing his kindness to whoever he wants.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:16 PM

18,185 posts, read 16,750,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Uhhh....okay....(backs away slowly)

Old 06-05-2014, 10:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,157,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Uhhh....okay....(backs away slowly)
I 'm not certain, but there might be a legion coming.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,157,873 times
Selfishness comes from a lack of self-love.
In order to truly care for someone unconditionally.
I have to feel that way toward myself.
I cannot give away what I do not have.

~ Anita Moorjani

Old 06-06-2014, 04:12 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,041,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Selfishness comes from a lack of self-love.
In order to truly care for someone unconditionally.
I have to feel that way toward myself.
I cannot give away what I do not have.

~ Anita Moorjani
Where's that in the bible ?. Show me something spiritual that is useful that is not already in the bible!!! . Oh, you just did
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity