Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 10:09 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times

Advertisements

"He who hears you, hears me."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 10:22 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Creation is waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God.

"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God." Phil. 2:5, 6.

Scott Paris put it thusly:
Quote:
Christ is the High Priest and Chief corner stone living in His temple, whose temple we are. And we live in union with Him who is Life. He is not ashamed to call us brethren, and express the counsel of His will in His brethren as His brethren. "And saviors shall come up on Mount Zion to judge the Mount Esau, and the kingdom shall be the Lord's." These saviors are in the Savior, and the Savior is in the saviors. The many are in Him Who is One, to the glory of the Father, "Without beginning of days nor end of life."
There is much scripture concerning the place of the believer in Christ, restoring (and exceeding) the dominion of Adam - "The works I do, you shall do also - and greater works than these, because I go to My Father." Believers in Jesus are "partakers of the divine nature." 2 Pet. 1:4.

Healing, delivering - raising the dead should be nothing to us; the supernatural was a way of life to the early church, but the modern church doesn't embrace it because it's not taught, so we're not seeing it.

That's changing, finally.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
There are no verses where Jesus taught His followers become Him.

But here is more on your main verse. These verse come before it:

Joh 8:31 Jesus, then, said to the Jews who have believed Him, "If ever you should be remaining in My word, you are truly My disciples,
Joh 8:32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will be making you free."

Paul did tell believers of the nations that they are "in Christ." Of course this metaphorically speaking. God considers us as, in a way, being in Christ. Christ's righteousness is our righteousness. His holiness, ours, etc.
A few verses later Jesus says; if the son frees you, you shall truly be free."

If He says the truth will set you free and the son will free you ,I believe He is refering to the servant of God as the son and that if you serve God by following his example and spreading the truth, the word of God, it is those works that save you. After all he did say the words people use will save them or condemn them when he said; "By your words you'll be justified or by your words you'll be condemned."

Last edited by Peacegiver; 06-07-2014 at 10:44 AM..

Old 06-07-2014, 02:42 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
In my opinioon, that "freedom" is best expressed in Romans 8:" 1Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8and those who are in the flesh cannot please God."

As I understand it, "the requirement of the Law" is talking about the purpose as opposed to the letter, so that those who "set their minds on the Spirit" (of agape) "fulfil the Law."

Old 06-07-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
In my opinioon, that "freedom" is best expressed in Romans 8:" 1Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8and those who are in the flesh cannot please God."

As I understand it, "the requirement of the Law" is talking about the purpose as opposed to the letter, so that those who "set their minds on the Spirit" (of agape) "fulfil the Law."
Jesus said what sets man free. He gave the same words that were given to Him to his disciples but Paul did not have those words so he really wasn't sent by Jesus. He said he was and a couple others backed him but Jesus' own words show he wasn't. If Paul had been sent by Jesus he would have used the words Jesus used. Jesus would not have sent him differently than what the book of John describes.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:13 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
freedom is being a son and not a servant, scripture
Galatians Chapter 4
1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

a servant act on, but a Son act upon

Old 06-07-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
freedom is being a son and not a servant, scripture
Galatians Chapter 4
1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

a servant act on, but a Son act upon
I do not believe in Paul but in God the Father and the son who serves the Father. As it is written;" Israel is my son, my firstborn, let my son go so he can serve me."

Matthew 4:10 NKJV
Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.

Matthew 20:28 NKJV
just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

"My chosen ones shall inherit my holy mountain my servants shall dwell there."

Old 06-10-2014, 07:49 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus said what sets man free. He gave the same words that were given to Him to his disciples but Paul did not have those words so he really wasn't sent by Jesus. He said he was and a couple others backed him but Jesus' own words show he wasn't. If Paul had been sent by Jesus he would have used the words Jesus used. Jesus would not have sent him differently than what the book of John describes.
Huh? Even the pillars of the early church, Peter, James and John recognized Paul as being sent by Christ to be the apostle of the nations with a distinctly different evangel.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:09 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
What?

The holy spirit separated Paul to preach Jesus to the Jew (who was still under the law of Moses) and the Gentile (who was grafted into the vine). The very message he preached is not received by those who are holding onto their righteousness.

Is it?

Old 06-10-2014, 12:06 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
What?

The holy spirit separated Paul to preach Jesus to the Jew (who was still under the law of Moses) and the Gentile (who was grafted into the vine). The very message he preached is not received by those who are holding onto their righteousness.

Is it?
Bingo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity