Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2014, 11:03 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Christianity sub forum was created to leave the anti-christian discussions on the religion forum, and have the faith related discussion on this forum, but now there is really no difference between the two, because all the posters who aim to tear down Christianity followed the Christians to this forum.
I don't know of anyone wanting to "tear down Christianity," nor do I see that here. I see Christians arguing daily with each other about nearly every conceivable aspect of the religion. And I see a handful of non-Christians (albeit former ones, like me) chiming in now and again.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:12 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
The Christianity sub forum was created to leave the anti-christian discussions on the religion forum, and have the faith related discussion on this forum, but now there is really no difference between the two, because all the posters who aim to tear down Christianity followed the Christians to this forum.
In that case, you would need a sticky or something in the terms like: "All comments on this board must assume that the life, ministry and message of Jesus are appropriate bases for a faith system." Otherwise what is described is anything about Christianity.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:14 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
In that case, you would need a sticky or something in the terms like: "All comments on this board must assume that the life, ministry and message of Jesus are appropriate bases for a faith system." Otherwise what is described is anything about Christianity.
Exactly.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:17 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I don't know of anyone wanting to "tear down Christianity," nor do I see that here. I see Christians arguing daily with each other about nearly every conceivable aspect of the religion. And I see a handful of non-Christians (albeit former ones, like me) chiming in now and again.
I don't think I have ever seen a thread here where certain people didn't come in to derail the discussion by repeating the same exact lines about how the Bible is corrupt and nothing but writings of savage and ignorant people. Such comments are designed kill the discussion before it begins, and yes, it boils down to tearing down the core beliefs of Christianity.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
I don't think I have ever seen a thread here where certain people didn't come in to derail the discussion by repeating the same exact lines about how the Bible is corrupt and nothing but writings of savage and ignorant people. Such comments are designed kill the discussion before it begins, and yes, it boils down to tearing down the core beliefs of Christianity.
No it doesn't. It boils down to questioning the bases for analyzing the life, ministry and message of Jesus and that is a perfectly legitimate discussion under "Christianity." You are looking for a forum that should be titled "Conservative Christian Theology." Good luck with THAT.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No it doesn't. It boils down to questioning the bases for analyzing the life, ministry and message of Jesus
That's ironic since everything you know about the life of Jesus comes straight from the book which you trash as being corrupt ramblings of ancient, superstitious and ignorant savages. Every thread here is saturated with such contradictions, and it derails the discussions into nonsense.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
That's ironic since everything you know about the life of Jesus comes straight from the book which you trash as being corrupt ramblings of ancient, superstitious and ignorant savages. Every thread here is saturated with such contradictions, and it derails the discussions into nonsense.
You really are a whinger. It is your beliefs that are in question not the scriptures. What's more it is not christians or the scriptures being attacked it is primitive beliefs about God being exposed for what they are.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
That part comes from the Old Testament. You don't seem to see the difference. Added: btw, that word should be "having corrupt ramblings," not "being."

Last edited by nateswift; 06-14-2014 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: added clarification of false representation

Old 06-14-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You really are a whinger.
When you are not trashing the scriptures, you are taking personal pot-shots at other posters.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
When you are not trashing the scriptures, you are taking personal pot-shots at other posters.
So you ignore the fact that is being pointed out to you that you are intentionally misrepresenting ALL who believe differently to you and then whinge for being told you complain about absolutely nothing in an annoying and persistent manner. Anyone would think you are being persecuted for your beliefs.

If you cannot show where i have trashed the scriptures i will report this post. You need to stop with this childish reaction to everyone who disagrees with your beliefs in and about the scriptures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity