Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 10:28 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Uh, YES IT IS. Every state has age of concent laws! Why am I even arguing with you?
Every state, as in there is no uniform standard. I didn't say that they didn't have an age of consent. I said there is no standard one across the board. It varies from place to place.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:29 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
I made my point about rape. I am not the one bringing it up over and over again. I am trying to bring this conversation back to it's main point.
So rather than admit that you should not attempt to equate rape and pedophilia with same sex attraction, you're going to try to pretend you didn't do that?

Own up to it, own up to the fact that the two things do not equate, and it would show that you really are capable of listening.

Quote:
But regardless of all this, because it's really pointless now to keep going back and forth, you have proven my point. That actions can be suppressed no matter what attraction you have, so if you have those feelings of attraction to someone and you have committed your life to Christ, then you should control those desires. Thank you. You understand it now.
I've proven your point in spite of the fact that it's not about ATTRACTION when you're talking about rape?

Old 06-10-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
So rather than admit that you should not attempt to equate rape and pedophilia with same sex attraction, you're going to try to pretend you didn't do that?

Own up to it, own up to the fact that the two things do not equate, and it would show that you really are capable of listening.
Why would I admit something I never said? I am talking about how people handle their attractions. I am not comparing anything. I am just asking what standard we should have for people to handle their attractions. I even brought up the point about how any believer, even the heterosexual ones have to control our actions before marriage. You are focusing on one thing and trying to make it into something I never said.

Quote:
I've proven your point in spite of the fact that it's not about ATTRACTION when you're talking about rape?
Why do you keep bringing rape up and then asking me why I keep going back and forth. YOU, yes YOU keep bringing it up.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
According to what? What or who made that definition?
According to the bible you profess to have faith in, MY CONSCIENCE bears witness to what is in MY HEART. Apparently God created me in such a way that I'm capable of knowing right from wrong.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Why would I admit something I never said? I am talking about how people handle their attractions. I am not comparing anything. I am just asking what standard we should have for people to handle their attractions. I even brought up the point about how any believer, even the heterosexual ones have to control our actions before marriage. You are focusing on one thing and trying to make it into something I never said.

Why do you keep bringing rape up and then asking me why I keep going back and forth. YOU, yes YOU keep bringing it up.
Quote:
Who determines what is a good reason to suppress those feelings or not?

If that is based on ones opinion then how do you stop other groups of people from using that as a reason to behave the way they do? For example, what about voyeur? Or people who have strong sexual appetites to the point that they will rape someone? Is it reasonable to expect them to suppress their thoughts, where is the line drawn?

Nuff said.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Why on earth would I supress actions that do not harm anyone, I'm fine with, and I don't believe are sin? Why would I attempt to supress love?
Because you don't think it's sin. Okay we get it. I don't agree. Let's move on.

Quote:
I don't care what you or other religious fundamentalists think of me. There are Muslims out there who think YOU are the one going to hell (and me), so there's always someone who thinks your religious views are wrong and that you're a hell-bound sinner. You can't please everyone.
You shouldn't care what anyone thinks, except God. That's who you will have to answer to, not me.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
According to the bible you profess to have faith in, MY CONSCIENCE bears witness to what is in MY HEART. Apparently God created me in such a way that I'm capable of knowing right from wrong.
But you don't believe in the Bible, so why would any of that matter to you? You are just arguing just to argue.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:41 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Thread closed pending Moderator consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity