Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 09:59 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
No, unfortunately masturbation involves lusting after a pic of a naked woman and Jesus made it plain that lusting after a pic of a naked woman was tantamount to lusting after a sexy woman that walks by you and lusting after a sexy woman that walk by you was tantamount to committing adultery.

'Fraid Christian men are stuck. If they're young, healthy, good endocrine function but have no girlfriend they are basically stuck. Nothing to do but wait around or pray for a wet dream to relieve the tension.
lol! Very true! When a man has a "wet dream", there's normally a sexual, lustful dream that accompanies it. So single men are just filthy sinners, no matter what! Shame, shame, shame...

This subject is where religion just becomes ridiculous. Nothing more than a way to try and control people.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
You are being anal. It's obvious that I am not actually advocating that children be in these relationships. I am showing that the idea that someone should suppress their attraction is subjective to those who support gays. The argument is being made that gays can't control who they are attracted to, but then you are expecting the same for pedophiles. Makes no sense.
It makes absolutely perfect sense. No one is harmed in my relationship with my partner. No one is being forced to do anything, coerced, raped, etc. There is NO VICTIM! Do you not understand the difference between a crime where there is an innocent victim and two people in love having a consensual relationship? Apparently not!

Old 06-10-2014, 10:02 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
You are missing the point and avoiding the question. Where is the line drawn. You are telling people to suppress their feelings but then stating that others don't have to. The idea of a child is subjective. Some places consider a 16 year old capable of making that decision. Some consider a 14 year old. Some consider a 18 year old. No matter what, the thought process is always going to be subjective because there are different standards of what kids can handle.
No, you're missing the point. And avoiding the implications of your line of argument ... that you are incapable of determining that it is wrong to rape. How hard is that?

Quote:
With that said, if someone is a Christian and they are struggling with homosexuality, why would it be wrong to ask them to suppress their feelings or attractions?
Because you're talking about 2 consenting adults. Not rape. Again, how hard is this? That you even equate rape and an attraction between consenting adults is absurd and - yes, I'm repeating myself - disturbing.

Quote:
Most agree, even gays on here, that homosexuality is a sin in Christianity. So if that's a struggle, then why wouldn't it be unreasonable to suppress that attraction. Notice I am not advocating that they pretend to do anything. Is that unreasonable?
That is untrue. They only agree that some biblical fundamentalists consider it to be a sin.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
You are being anal. It's obvious that I am not actually advocating that children be in these relationships. I am showing that the idea that someone should suppress their attraction is subjective to those who support gays. The argument is being made that gays can't control who they are attracted to, but then you are expecting the same for pedophiles. Makes no sense.
Oh. my. gawd! No, they are not advocating that anyone suppress their attractions. They are advocating that those who desire to rape, or to abuse children, do not act on that.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:08 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
It makes absolutely perfect sense. No one is harmed in my relationship with my partner. No one is being forced to do anything, coerced, raped, etc. There is NO VICTIM! Do you not understand the difference between a crime where there is an innocent victim and two people in love having a consensual relationship? Apparently not!
No one is forced if a 14 year old girl is with a grown man, according to some cultures. There is no victim or crime. I think we are not going to agree on here, because you keep skipping over my point that the idea of what a child is, is not clearly defined, not even in this country.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
No, you're missing the point. And avoiding the implications of your line of argument ... that you are incapable of determining that it is wrong to rape. How hard is that?
No one is saying rape is okay. You are reading things too literal. Again you aren't reading the full context that was being stated. I was pointing out why your logic makes no sense. If you have an issue with what I said about rape, then clearly you disagree with your own logic.

Quote:
Because you're talking about 2 consenting adults. Not rape. Again, how hard is this? That you even equate rape and an attraction between consenting adults is absurd and - yes, I'm repeating myself - disturbing.
That's your standard, but if Christianity says it's a sin, then it doesn't matter, it's still sin.

If we are talking about someone that does not believe in Christ, then that standard does not fit them, but we are talking about someone who claims to follow God's word.

Quote:
That is untrue. They only agree that some biblical fundamentalists consider it to be a sin.
So what is considered sin?

Old 06-10-2014, 10:15 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
...snip... Makes no sense.
Pretty much sums up your argument.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Oh. my. gawd! No, they are not advocating that anyone suppress their attractions. They are advocating that those who desire to rape, or to abuse children, do not act on that.
So if you commit to a life in Christ then you be able to commit to an act of avoiding sexual immorality.

Just like for anyone who considers themselves to be Christian, it would be sinful to have had sex outside of marriage. That is an action that has to be controlled, just like you are suggesting. It is sinful to be sexually immoral. Now if you do that, then that is between you and God, but the point is, it's considered sin and it is not condoned by Christian standards.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
No one is forced if a 14 year old girl is with a grown man, according to some cultures. There is no victim or crime. I think we are not going to agree on here, because you keep skipping over my point that the idea of what a child is, is not clearly defined, not even in this country.
Why do you keeping skipping between pedophilia and rape, and then to this nebulous area of when is a child considered an adult? In the US, it's 18. I believe in some states the age of consent is 16, but the age for marriage is higher. As a society, we've determined that as a safeguard against abuse. So, if someone comes to you and asks you if they should act on their desire to have sexual relations with a minor ... tell them no. Okay?

Old 06-10-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Uh, YES IT IS. Every state has age of concent laws! Why am I even arguing with you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity