Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 07:20 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times

Advertisements

The Price of Papal Popularity
By Patrick J. Buchanan
Normally a synod of Catholic bishops does not provide fireworks rivaling the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago, where Mayor Richard Daley’s boys in blue ran up the score on the radicals in Grant Park.
But, on Oct. 13, there emanated from the Synod on the Family in Rome a 12-page report from a committee picked by Pope Francis himself — and the secondary explosions have not ceased.

read more:

The Price of Papal Popularity - Patrick J. Buchanan - Official Website

excerpt:
That is one way of putting it. Another is that traditionalists believe moral truth does not change, nor can Catholic doctrines be altered.
Even a pope cannot do that.
Should such be attempted, the pope would be speaking heresy. And as it is Catholic doctrine that the pope is infallible, that he cannot err when speaking ex cathedra on faith and morals, this would imply that Francis was not a valid pope and the chair of Peter is empty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 12:15 PM

Fr. Gabriele Amorth has written two books about his experiences as chief
exorcist of the Roman Catholic Church, and there are also documentaries.

“And, once I also asked Satan, ‘but why are you more scared when I invoke Our Lady than when I invoke Jesus Christ?’ He answered me, ‘Because I am more humiliated to be defeated by a human creature than being defeated by him.”
The intercession of the living is also important, though, says Fr. Amorth. He reminds people that exorcism is a prayer and, as such, Christians can pray to liberate a soul or place from the Devil. However, three things are needed.
“The Lord gave them (the Apostles) an answer that also for us exorcists is very important. He said that overcoming this type of demon, you need much faith, much prayer and much fasting. Faith, prayer and fasting.”
“Especially faith, you need so much faith. Many times also in the healings, Jesus does not say in the Gospel it is me who has healed you. He says, you are healed thanks to your faith. He wants faith in the people, a strong and absolute faith. Without faith you can do nothing.”
Rome's exorcist finding Bl. John Paul II effective against Satan :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)

Old 12-14-2014, 07:40 AM

“Was it because the cold weather came,
we sit around in our lodges and feast and give honour to each other?
. . . Or is it because this is when the white man’s God was given to all people ...
born to this man and woman a baby boy.”

Mountain Chief 1896
Last War Chief of the Blackfoot Nation

For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given and the government will be on his shoulders and he will be called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time and for ever. Isaiah 9:6-7

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth.
John 1:14

God With Us - The Spirit Moved

i watched this movie last night.. it was about this.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:11 AM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
my post (in another thread, I've started a new one here, as I feel my knowledge may be a guidepost for some) merely said to do both, have faith and give alms, and that one is the fruit of the other.
If you have Life, you give alms. Period. Alms without Jesus is helpful to the material extent only.
Alms by Grace is fruitful in both material and spirit of the Lord, and that method has shewn the Promise and the Kingdom to billions of sould throughout history. They have come to understand through the giving of alms, at first, because they were not yet ready to absorb the Word.
now, you're asking me more, which I am endowed to answer. ok. I am getting better at parsing text.
Let's start.

In Heaven, there is no time. Just as we are able to conceive of eternity, eternity and timelessness
are the same condition, and that condition is an effect of either the presence of God or the Final judgement of God. Time began when God's creation, Man, sinned. That is when Time began. Which
is, the particular Time we are granted, as a generation, as a reproductive element of Christ's Love.
Until it is over, when God decides the cup is full... and that His Mercy, His Priveledge, and His Honor
will no longer tolerate Man. This occurs when Satan's minions succeed in overtaking Mankind. When
Mankind becomes bound by allegiance to the Devil. Alternatively, it can happen before that ever
occurs. It can happen anytime the Father decides, simply because The Father has decided that He
is finished with Man, then the Judgement comes, and no more babies are born, and no flesh will
escape.

Angels can mate with humans, to this day. The former, pre-Flood mighty men and demigods of old
tales, according to Genesis, and the book of Enoch (which is not 100% blessed by the Holy Ghost,
but which contains mostly truth) describes how fallen angels laid their seed with daughters of men.
Although it is not mentioned, those may also lay seed with men if the man has totally lost all Grace
and is abandoned by God. Before the flood, it was physical and created Giants and Cyclops and perhaps
even Centaurs or Minotaurs or Satyrs. Who is yourself or anyone else to say that these beings did not exist ? What do you think is truly known about the Old World, within Time, but so far separated from
our understand or ability to ascertain that we, in all our metal-born and ether-born, and mathematical-born 'science' are able to conclude by observation of geological scales, which we may
not even truly be able to identify causally ? And what of the myraid documented, sworn by authorities,
and kinsfolk alike, attestments to familiar spirits, witches, warlocks, succubi, incubi, and other spiritual fiends which had material consequences (documented by authorities) ? or the testimonies of credible
witnesses to miracles, physical cures, bilocation, levitation, raising of the dead, and unexplained phenomenon ? Were they ALL "seeing" things ? Who are we to judge what our ancestors believed in
and swore to. Need understand that ALL of Christian belief is a testament to events which occurred
and continued to occur. Do you think that "the media", or "the educational establishment", which is
currently in Prinipality of mankind's forms of communication have an interest in concealing or propagating
these various mysteries ? hmm ? Satan wants to hide, so that he may deceive the hearts of men.

Jesus was the Word Incarnate. He never "preached". Every word that ever came out of His
Most Divine Mouth was and IS THE Word of Life. After Jesus suffered death, He entered Hell
which was a resting place for the souls of men which were not in Heaven. By His Blood Shed
and His Resurrection, these souls were Redeemed before the Father. Jesus never was "in" Hell
in the truest sense, since not only God, but any Holy angel or Holy saint, or Holy soul which
is charged to enter Hell may permeate it, but never be "in" it. Heaven is continually a state of
being. Thus, when the Blessed Mother, or any angel, or Christ Himself harrowed Hell, He never
left His Heavenly state, (Jesus is a manifestation of the Father), but carried it within to Hell
and Redeemed the previously unsaved sinners whose souls were loosed free from their bondage
into Glory Everlasting because of His Sacrifice.

Some will go straight to a portion of Heaven. Others will have to suffer more in the next life until they are cleansed of all sinful portents before they may experience the Beautific Vision. No sin may EVER stand before God in all His Almighty Presence. That place is reserved only for the utmost Holy of angels, the Seraphim, burning with fire of God, for God, and by God. Then there is the Cherubim, who guarded the gates of Eden and kept Adam and Eve apart from entering again once they sinned, and the Thrones, and then the 4th and 5th in the hierarchy of angels, Dominations and Powers, and Principalities, of these were most of the Fallen Ones which chose to rebel against God.
The principalities were charged over places in all creation. Hence, their principalities are fallen places. The powers were charged with implementing various extensions of God's flowing grace, hence those extensions, some became perverted by flaws, and the Earth we live in suffers for this, and is plagued by it. Closer to man we have the Seven Archangels, Four of which we are certain never rebelled; Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel. The other three, it is uncertain, although the Eastern Orthodox has the best
insight into this. Closest to man at last we have the Choir of Angels, those most involved in interaction in our sphere. Of these are all our particular Guardian angels, one for each human soul, and angels which have concealed their ethereal spirits to appear as physical forms (if it is God's will, as the angels of Virtues dictate).
Now, the 1000 years, as it says in Holy Scripture, 1000 years is as a day to the Lord. Our concept of Time is perverted by reality within our broken and infected state of life, and this broken and infected world; through a glass darkly, with no Light but that of Christ our Lord, revealed to us by the Father.
Christ Himself never said this, but it is expressed figuratively according to the way of reasoning numbers at the age in which the Apocalypse was given to us. No Christ fearing soul should ever worry, or fret, or dare to imagine too much, or seek to know the deepest mysteries of the Father. We are His Children.

The Temple is made in the design of the Kingdom of heaven to show us what heaven is in 3 sections.

Jesus went to officiate the priesthood in heaven, in that Temple, and we can learn what heaven is by learning the comings and goings of the Temple.

What heaven is, is not guess work, it has a it's own design.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The Temple is made in the design of the Kingdom of heaven to show us what heaven is in 3 sections.

Jesus went to officiate the priesthood in heaven, in that Temple, and we can learn what heaven is by learning the comings and goings of the Temple.

What heaven is, is not guess work, it has a it's own design.
The inners of Solomon's temple had three distinct areas, which suggest a 3-phase
hierarchy of placehood. There are many parallels, such as the "three" heavens,
heaven, hell, purgatory, the trinity, body, soul, spirit, and father, son, holy ghost.
With Herod's temple the delineation is less clear to me.
Concerning the three heavens, merely because a third heaven is mentioned doesn't
mean that there are only three. It could be nine, as we surmise nine orders of angels,
some who cross between while others guard entry. We know that evil spirits are present
in the lower heavens, even so deep as the second heaven. Archangels of which there
are three surely known (Michael, Gabriel, Raphael), perhaps a fourth (Uriel), and
perhaps as many but no more than 7 in total may pass throughout, but no other
kind may. We may also surmise that Satan was previously an archangel but of course
may no longer enter God's Throne or the Highest heaven which is guarded by the
Thrones , and contains Thrones, Cherubim and Seraphim, in ascending order.
The material world, including all outer space, the sky, and our world descends from
there. Powers, Virtues, Dominions, then Principalities all have influences, spheres
of control and wars taking place unseen by us. On the lowest level here on Earth to
do the Will of God is the choir of Angels including our own Guardian Angels. They are
the closest to our own souls and bodies whilst the body lives, after which they are
directed to another assignment.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
The inners of Solomon's temple had three distinct areas, which suggest a 3-phase
hierarchy of placehood. There are many parallels, such as the "three" heavens,
heaven, hell, purgatory, the trinity, body, soul, spirit, and father, son, holy ghost.
With Herod's temple the delineation is less clear to me.
Concerning the three heavens, merely because a third heaven is mentioned doesn't
mean that there are only three. It could be nine, as we surmise nine orders of angels,
some who cross between while others guard entry. We know that evil spirits are present
in the lower heavens, even so deep as the second heaven. Archangels of which there
are three surely known (Michael, Gabriel, Raphael), perhaps a fourth (Uriel), and
perhaps as many but no more than 7 in total may pass throughout, but no other
kind may. We may also surmise that Satan was previously an archangel but of course
may no longer enter God's Throne or the Highest heaven which is guarded by the
Thrones , and contains Thrones, Cherubim and Seraphim, in ascending order.
The material world, including all outer space, the sky, and our world descends from
there. Powers, Virtues, Dominions, then Principalities all have influences, spheres
of control and wars taking place unseen by us. On the lowest level here on Earth to
do the Will of God is the choir of Angels including our own Guardian Angels. They are
the closest to our own souls and bodies whilst the body lives, after which they are
directed to another assignment.

I don't know much of angels, only what the bible says, and that aint much. I do however believe that we were in heaven and we are the third of heaven that fell.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I don't know much of angels, only what the bible says, and that aint much. I do however believe that we were in heaven and we are the third of heaven that fell.
This is a strange belief. I'm not sure if you really believe that or are only saying you're
open to believing that. This is not an accepted belief, and it is not supported in any
way by Scripture or Tradition. To believe this one would have to say Scripture is in
error. Angels are not Men. Men are not Angels. Some angels can definitely appear as men
or women, but that is only a mirage for some particular purpose.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
This is a strange belief. I'm not sure if you really believe that or are only saying you're
open to believing that. This is not an accepted belief, and it is not supported in any
way by Scripture or Tradition. To believe this one would have to say Scripture is in
error. Angels are not Men. Men are not Angels. Some angels can definitely appear as men
or women, but that is only a mirage for some particular purpose.

It is supported by all of scripture, and I am not the only one who sees and believes it.

I have some pretty good witnesses to the same conclusion, men considered geniuses by the world.

But that is neither here nor there.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
It is supported by all of scripture, and I am not the only one who sees and believes it.

I have some pretty good witnesses to the same conclusion, men considered geniuses by the world.

But that is neither here nor there.
I feel ridiculous even having to say that men are not fallen angels.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I feel ridiculous even having to say that men are not fallen angels.

Do you make the claim that Jesus had to die in order to come and be a ruling spirit within your being and that he is present as a spirit inside you right now?

Why did he have to do this?

We already had a spirit to guide the body, Adam and Eve in the garden were beautiful until they fell, and the spirit fell.

Mankind has been born in sin, year after year because we had a fallen spirit, but there is good news, we can get betrothed to Jesus and reject the old, and then try and live with a new guiding spirit.

But that old spirit is still within us, and it is this spirit that we have to reject, it is this spirit that we have to die, it is that father we have to hate.

Do you think the disciples were saved when they were sent out to do miracles in the name of Jesus?

After they had been sent out two by two, and after they had done many miracles, They came up to Jesus and said,'' Lord, These people did not receive our word, shall we call fire down to destroy them?''

What did Jesus tell them?

'' You speak from your father Satan.''

How did these believers in Christ, these same believers who taught Christ and who did miracles in his name, then speak by their father Satan?

Why does Jesus call 3 of his followers,'' Satan,'' as if to speak from their father Satan unless he was present within them?

If there is not another fallen spirit within us, then what is the spirit that we are always trying to die from, in order to gain a new spirit?

And if there was not a fallen spirit, there would be no reason to replace that fallen spirit.

Jesus died so that his spirit could come to us, and WE could be brides in a new covenant with a new spirit.

Jesus was lain down in a sleep of death and a piece of his own body was brought out to make a bride, so that the two could become one.

Sound familiar?

Adam was lain down in a sleep of death, and a rib taken to make a bride and the two became one.

Jesus left his father and mother to become one with his bride.

How did he do this?

He died, and his spirit went into you.

Why should we see Adam ANY DIFFERENT?

Is Jesus the New Adam?

If Jesus is the NEW Adam, then the picture of Adam is that Adam is a spirit inside the body ruling the body.

Jesus is the NEW Adam because the Old Adam had fallen in mankind, and he is STILL THERE.

Why do we wait on a marriage?

We are only betrothed, but when this old body will die, we will enter into a new marriage for real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity