U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 02:00 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,312,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
They'll be OK... they are just waiting until they can get down to that magic number of 144,000 that their bible tells them so.
It will never get that low. God always has a believing remnant of at least 7000(I Kings 19:18)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Where's the proof? So many bible readers can't understand that you can't take the Bible literally. God needs to show himself. People can't believe in things they can't prove to be true.
Of course they can. It is called faith. No spiritual concept can be proven.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:36 PM

15,164 posts, read 5,487,783 times
dude died, woke up, and flew away.

we might want to rethink that one.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:15 PM

2,940 posts, read 810,732 times
Gods plan is exactly on time.....and going the way He wants it......we fail, God doesnt, hasn't changed ever.......the number of real believers has always been small

Old 06-28-2017, 10:42 PM

10,037 posts, read 5,798,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
yes and the athiest keep telling everyone how the real christians are not here now and how we declining in numbers ..
when in fact even in the usa among the youth the counter culture is in rebellion against the liberal education system ultra nastiness and all it's brainwashing in all levels of culture .
God has put two trees in everyone garden( in every heart and every mind, Akiana is proof enough )
and in spite of the media and education systems underhanded dealings with American youth. The youth have had enough of their lies. I mean 99 % of all statistics are made up and the youth will be the proof that man was created to Love in purity and Worship in holiness and believe in the spiritual . GoD is the yen to our yang. humanity knows it is missing something it can not find on it's own.
And the one I highlighted is the primary one of those who know nothing about statistics. I made a career out of statistics in the insurance business and never got beyond college algebra! But I knew how to use a computer.

Bottom line, this is a foolish statement. Now GRAPHS of statistics are how to make them appear to be more or less important than the data might otherwise indicate.

If one accepts the Bible as in infallible and inerrant rather than as a faith testimony , then God is both yin and yang because that is how He constantly appears from writer to writer.

Many people when pressed will say they are "christian." Yet in terms of the lives they lead, very, very few are. Claiming to be something and actually displaying it with a life of love, mercy, grace and kindness which were the hallmarks of Jesus' ministry are two different things.

Finally, I have no idea where Finn got his data as his link leads to a website in Chinese, but mine below is from a Pew Research report issued March of 2017. Pew is one of the better research groups out there.
Quote:
Islam is the world's fastest growing religion - and not just in Muslim majority nations: 10% of all Europeans are projected to be members of the Muslim faith by 2050, according to a recent Pew Research Center study.

The study estimates that from 2010 to 2050, Muslims will have increased across the world by 73%, followed by Christians who are projected to grow by 35% during the same time period, and Hindus at 34%. That means that Islam -- currently the world's second-largest religion -- will surpass Christianity as the world's biggest religion by the end of the century, the study projects.

Why? Muslim women have more children, on average -- 3.1 children compared to 2.3 for all other religious groups combined, Pew says. Also, those of the Muslim faith tend to be, on average, seven years younger than non-Muslims.
Pew study: Islam is the world's fastest growing religion - CNN.com

Old 06-29-2017, 12:02 AM
Status: "It seems the Block has been taken off. Thank you" (set 11 days ago)

42,753 posts, read 12,199,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
dude died, woke up, and flew away.

we might want to rethink that one.
I'm glad to see you here, old chum, having a crack at the Other side. I do occasionally have a look in but talking to people whose posts are little more than Biblequotes backed up with faith-based denial isn't for me.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Man is failing to consider what a God might be.
Some are, some are not.

Quote:
Most seem to need it to fit into a book.
That is much better than what some minds have invented.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I'm glad to see you here, old chum, having a crack at the Other side. I do occasionally have a look in but talking to people whose posts are little more than Biblequotes backed up with faith-based denial isn't for me.
Like I told you so many times. I can't crack others without cracking myself first. Its just one of my base rules. "Never curse a man that can't cut your throat." the reverse of that is 'when it gets cut, don't run to the authorities like a bworded buttay punk."

I call it
'life in the grey."

Old 06-29-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Man is failing to consider what a God might be.

Most seem to need it to fit into a book.
bell curve it trout.
What can we do about it?
10% - 15% at either end

Old 06-29-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Some are, some are not.

That is much better than what some minds have invented.
no, not even close. You way is like locking art into cartoons only. His way is where art meets engineering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity