Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 11:06 PM

335 posts, read 409,932 times

Advertisements

Here is my personal new list of real leaders/organizations in America that although incomplete represents my priority
list Jesus Christ being foremost naturally.

Jonathan Bernis
Frank Davis (Food for Health)
Glenn Beck (Blaze Network)
Bill O'Reilly (Fox)
Jonathan Cahn (The Harbinger/Complete Guide)
Jim Bakker (Jim Bakker Show/Survival/bible
John Shorey (bible scholar)
Micheal Maloof
William Foretschen
William Koenig
Charles Krauthammer (Fox contributor)
Rick Joyner (former Heritage USA)
Jay Sekulow (ACLJ)
Magan Kelly (Fox)
VA hospital system
Red Cross
Salvation Army
Feed The Children
FEMA (with some reservatons)
Homeland security
FBI

Last edited by Inattentive; 06-10-2014 at 11:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 01:22 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
If Christianity is growing at an astonishing rate everywhere in the world except American that is wonderful, albeit bittersweet news. It shows that the Holy Spirit is electing to pour His Spirit out everywhere but here in America.

For as the Bible says, "No one can come to Me except the Spirit of God draws him" and the Holy Spirit has clearly excluded America from those who the Father chooses to draw to Him simply by virtue of the reality of the plummeting numbers of Americans who choose not to heed His call.

But why let a little detail like that get in the way of the other millions of unsaved who are being saved all over the rest of the world.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:54 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
If Christianity is growing at an astonishing rate everywhere in the world except American that is wonderful, albeit bittersweet news. It shows that the Holy Spirit is electing to pour His Spirit out everywhere but here in America.
I you listen to those who are a part of the revivals around the world, they all agree that (they feel) America "has too much" and therefore isn't open to the simplicity of the gospel. If you look at the crusades in Africa for instance, up to a million people will gather to hear of Jesus, and wheelchairs are passed down the rows of people who just...got up and walked. People will carry loved ones who are very sick (and sometimes they die before they can get them there) but they all walk away praising God.

We're too busy, we got it all figured out...

Evangelism in Nigeria - Reinhard Bonnke - YouTube

Old 06-11-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I you listen to those who are a part of the revivals around the world, they all agree that (they feel) America "has too much" and therefore isn't open to the simplicity of the gospel. If you look at the crusades in Africa for instance, up to a million people will gather to hear of Jesus, and wheelchairs are passed down the rows of people who just...got up and walked. People will carry loved ones who are very sick (and sometimes they die before they can get them there) but they all walk away praising God.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the video above is of a Reinhard Bonnke crusade where he preaches the prosperity gospel to millions of starving Nigerians, laughing and howling in the Spirit, and raising people from the dead.

Quote:
10) Reinhard Bonnke Exposed by We Care Ministries
"BONNKE`S miracle claims have been described as "blasphemous" by a leading Free Presbyterian cleric. The Rev David McIlveen accused the German evangelist of cruelly exploiting vulnerable people. "We believe in the possibility of healing through prayer," said Rev McIlveen. "But we also fully recognise the terrible danger of exploiting the subject of healing.
Quote:
(14) Reinhard Bonnke by Terry Arnold, Diakrisis Australia, Newsletter of TA Ministries Vol.2, No.15 March/April 2002
Reinhard Bonnke is a German Pentecostal evangelist with a large ministry mainly to African and European countries. His crusades feature crowds of hundreds of thousands. Miracles, healings and multitudes of 'conversions' are reported. On 6th October, 14 people were crushed to death in Nigeria when they attempted to rush the stage to try to touch Bonnke. The parents of one of the dead, a little baby girl, tried unsuccessfully to get the body to Bonnke hoping he would raise her from the dead. The family then did the next best thing and laid the body on Bonnke’s Mercedes Benz in the hope of the baby coming back to life. Apparently they were putting their faith in the ‘anointing’ of the faith healer. Yet Bonnke claims, 'When I step on a platform, often without any touch of mine the blind begin to see, the deaf to hear, the dumb to speak and the cripples to walk...Miracles happen as if copied from the Gospels and the Book of Acts'.
There may be a good reason why Prosperity preachers are targeting Africa: the crushing poverty and fourth-World conditions there. But please show me where a revival of similar magnitude is occurring in a first world country outside the USA.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:08 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJudge View Post
I do know the Good Lord does not like blasphemy. I think we all know the penalty, including the devils on here.
Please leave me out of your "we".

Thanks.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 06-11-2014 at 11:42 AM..

Old 06-11-2014, 11:35 AM

59 posts, read 72,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Your title says Christianity is in decline. Your OP says Christianity is in decline in America. Which is it?
Good one . Christianity which had almost disappeared in U.K.,France and Spain is being given a second look ,as all the atheist, philsophies have had their time ,and been seen to be what they really are,deadly
for society and individuals .

Old 06-11-2014, 11:50 AM

59 posts, read 72,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post

I' m sorry but as a european I find this rather sickening,and is not what teaching the gospel is about .
If people come to Christ now,how do we know it is Jesus they are following,and not any offer to make their lives instantly better ? When someone is starving,they will accept and do anything that gives hope.
We know this with torture.
I think this kind of thing is very pagan,as I have seen on television some crazy ignorant evangelicals,
behaviour .If you are serious you will be involved in upgrading the living standards of general education,so that when they hear the word's of Christ, their Truth will have meaning.
Upgrading the education of evengelicals would a good thing too. Here I have to say that N.Americans in general have lacked 'wisdom',and without it their teachings will fall on "stony ground" .

Old 06-11-2014, 12:22 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJudge View Post
I do know the Good Lord does not like blasphemy. I think we all know the penalty, including the devils on here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Please leave me out of your "we".

Thanks.
Is that what you're recommending to reply with when people who agree with you say that to those who disagree with you\them?

Old 06-11-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inattentive View Post
One problem most of us have when assessing the decline or growth of Christianity is that it's based on what we think
and the legitimate observation that America is turning into a cesspool headed for potential wrath that could exceed any-
thing in world history. Statistically Christianity is growing worldwide at an extraordinary rate even thousands in Arab
countries including former muslims. on a nearly daily basis! The pathetic level of unchurched and more importantly
unbelieving appears on the increase in America (a common self destructive of affluent countries historically and nearly
a boring mimic ). America is a ship of fools suffering from philosophies within parenting whereby our children will be
the demons of the future without God nurturing. The so-called "Christian" faiths are dumping the ten commandments,
believing prophecies are allegorical in nature (nice stories). The church in general is disconnected from essential Hebrew
roots, end-times preparation, complicit in accepting same sex marriage and coexistence even within insane ideological
Islam, prosperity nonsense and suggesting that many of our spiritual leaders are "false teachers" which is full of baloney
as they just don't comply from what religion they learned in ministry college(s) (most denominational disconnects).
I think you are inaccurately describing this "wildfire growth of Christianity in other countries" thing without pointing out certain facts that might explain it: for example, Christian growth is greatest in the parts of the world where education is the least developed i.e. Africa. Note, Africa contains the greatest number of newly-converted Christians; coincidentally it contains the greatest number of illiterate uneducated people in the world. As a comparison, Europe is a first world country with one of the highest literacy and education rates in the world, and it too, like America is experiencing a drop in the number of newly-converted Christians comparable to America.

Do you see the connection? It's like saying that poverty doesn't contribute to growth in burglary and theft when we know that the poorest countries or the countries with the greatest disparities in rich/poor experience the highest levels of theft.

In the same way, a person who has no education is more likely to believe whatever a prosperity minister flings at him because all he is hearing is "If you accept Jesus He will make you wealthy" and to a dirt-poor person those are words of gold. The typical African is not hearing the salvation part; they are hearing the get-rich-quick-and-Jesus-can-do-it-for-you part.

Consequently these millions of Africans converting to Christianity are like the seeds scattered on rocks. They will spring up and then very quickly wither as they realize the prosperity gospel is just a sham bill of goods. Check the statistics in about ten years and you will see the number of Christian converts in Africa plummet like a rock there too as charlatans like Hinn and Bonnke are thrown out of Africa on their ears.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:03 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Definitely man is failing God, as it is to easy to follow the devil and it is to hard to turn 180 degrees to God ....................See faith is hard but when people do stop their hopeless lives in the world without God and turn to God , than it is best to go all the way and get calling of Jesus Holy Spirit , as if people get into the program with Heaven then they are more likely to endure to the end with Christ , than falling away by the slacker spirit of this world .............. See if the church turns to be like the earth Then they will close their churches , as the world will not hold up the churches , only God can hold up the churches .................. One of the biggest problems in the church is the legalism for God Word and the haters which bring unforgivness against abortions and the gays and the evolutionist and hatred against other Christians who may have Lord Jesus on their lives , and the lack of authority in Christ to be a world changer ..... ....See the unforgivness is a dead end for God as God said if you forgive than I will forgive you , and if you do not forgive I will not forgive you ....So If you need a church which forgives and loves , as if you do not love God than you will not go to Church , and God will not help those who do not obey or help others
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity