Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 04:52 PM

35 posts, read 55,087 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I'm a Christian male in my late 20s, and am wanting to date Christian woman. However, I am finding Christian women in their mid to late 20s are already taken. This is what I have seen, is it so, that generally speaking, Christian women are taken by the mid 20s?

Mostly everyone says the place to meet Christian women is at church. Does anyone have any other suggestions on places to meet Christian women?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 12:46 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,019,329 times
Yes church. But go to others as well as your own.

Christian dating / introduction /friendship websites and services. I met my wife to be through one, and didn't care about any stigma of using them.

Christian friendship organisations - they should exists, they do here in UK. Met my 2nd girlfriend through one.

Christian holidays, with a reputation for singles. Met my 3rd girlfriend through connections made on one of these.

In the end I waited 7 years after GF3 for my wife, but met loads of different women through the above mentioned.means.

You'll be fine. God is faithful.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:44 PM

Thanks for following up! I do appreciate your recommendations, and encouragement. Yes, God is faithful!

Old 06-14-2014, 09:18 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,432,209 times
Christian mingle ....

Old 06-15-2014, 10:17 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it in the past, but nothing came out of it.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:02 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,526,608 times
Forget "dating." Pray about your future. Go about your life doing things that interest you. Learn about yourself and pursue God. He'll take care of the rest. I'm not suggesting anything I haven't lived.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:14 PM

Great advice. In essence, let go, let God. I'll try that out. One question though, we trust God to bless us with a partner, but shouldn't we put our faith in action to meet someone as well? Just a thought.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:37 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,098,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmTrees40 View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm a Christian male in my late 20s, and am wanting to date Christian woman. However, I am finding Christian women in their mid to late 20s are already taken. This is what I have seen, is it so, that generally speaking, Christian women are taken by the mid 20s?

Mostly everyone says the place to meet Christian women is at church. Does anyone have any other suggestions on places to meet Christian women?

Thanks.
It's a joke that when men go to Bible School, they get their Bachelor's Degree, and women get their "Mrs" degree. It just seems that a lot of Christian women get engaged by the time they graduate. Of course, Bible College may not be an option for you.

Do you have Christian friends that can help you meet women?

Old 06-15-2014, 05:42 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,480,631 times
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks.
Women in their mid to late 20s regardless of religious persuasion tend to be "taken".

I met my wife at a Christian singles retreat. What is nice about those retreats is that everyone there is ready, willing and able. I went to Mt. Hermon (CA). I was single and I knew three other couples who met each other at Mt. Hermon. So I thought "why not?"

Old 06-16-2014, 08:55 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,526,608 times
Quote:
Great advice. In essence, let go, let God. I'll try that out. One question though, we trust God to bless us with a partner, but shouldn't we put our faith in action to meet someone as well? Just a thought.
I can just talk about the path I walked. I did go to events for singles. But I took the pressure off myself. I re-framed things. I did the things I enjoyed doing and made friends. I'm female, so it might be a little different for me. But I decided that dating was an energy drain. Too much drama. My faith was very much in action, but I decided to wait until God moved. And when I met my future husband, it was very, very, obvious. I KNEW. So did he. With that knowledge, we could move forward getting to know each other.

Like I said, this was the way I was led. It may not be for everyone. But what I do think is for everyone is the advice to spend time on yourself and pursuing God. That will stand you in good stead for your entire life, and will attract to you a healthy person who also loves God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity