Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 10:13 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Al View Post
You confirmed what Little Elmer and Jesus said, works follow belief. Without belief and the Holy Spirit's indwelling you are not an instrument of God. However, if you are one of the elect and therefore part of the body of Christ you are member of his Church, which is capable as a whole of far greater.

Unfortunately, most C-D'ers who call themselves Christians have little to no works. It is readily apparent who they that dwell in the sewer of contentiousness, debate and destruction of his mission are. Some who find the stench of the sewer a breath of fresh air must be ......
That means they are not Christians. If you don't have His works you are none of His according to the scriptures. We can't blame Christians for what those that claim to be Christians do. Thank you for shedding light on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 10:15 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Al View Post
You confirmed what Little Elmer and Jesus said, works follow belief. Without belief and the Holy Spirit's indwelling you are not an instrument of God. However, if you are one of the elect and therefore part of the body of Christ you are member of his Church, which is capable as a whole of far greater.

Unfortunately, most C-D'ers who call themselves Christians have little to no works. It is readily apparent who they that dwell in the sewer of contentiousness, debate and destruction of his mission are. Some who find the stench of the sewer a breath of fresh air must be ......
Weeds flourish when no work is done.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Really? That's what you think of the posters you don't like? That they are sewer dwellers? Wow. The non-believers read this kind of stuff and have a laugh at the Christians judging each other. Jesus isn't served, BTW, but the atheists probably love seeing the Christians slamming each other.
I don't see where he tagets atheist in his post. By the way the scriptures don't say not to judge. They say not to judge unrighteously. Recall it said FIRST take the beam out of your own eye THEN remove it from your brother's eye.

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:52 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I don't see where he tagets atheist in his post. .
Oh, he's not targeting atheists. He's targeting the Christians he doesn't agree with. And my guess is that makes the non-believers say, "There they go again! More arguing and bickering from the Christians!! More name calling and judgement." If you think that's a good thing..... join right in!

I'll sit and watch.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Oh, he's not targeting atheists. He's targeting the Christians he doesn't agree with. And my guess is that makes the non-believers say, "There they go again! More arguing and bickering from the Christians!! More name calling and judgement." If you think that's a good thing..... join right in!

I'll sit and watch.
I think you reading more into that. There is no such thing as a Christian that doesn't emulate Christ. Claiming to be a Christian and being a Christian are not always congruent. Doing the works of Christ makes one a real Christian.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:29 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Doing the works of Christ makes one a real Christian.
I agree. I believe Christians should do more to feed the hungry and take care of the sick.

And less of the silly nonsense of telling everyone off because they're upset people don't do it their way.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 06-16-2014 at 11:44 AM..

Old 06-16-2014, 11:47 AM

472 posts, read 385,473 times
Quote:
Really? That's what you think of the posters you don't like? That they are sewer dwellers? Or worse? Wow. Congratulations! The non-believers read this kind of stuff and have a laugh at the Christians judging each other. Jesus isn't served, BTW, but the atheists probably love seeing the Christians slamming each other.
I don't think Those who follow in Jesus foot steps care what atheist believe. Perhaps you should think of this;

If atheists are right, nothing more is going to happen to those who believe in God, then will happen to the atheists. But, if those who *believe in God are right...atheists are in a world of trouble.

*To believe in God, and his son Jesus is more than just saying, "I believe," just to get life. It is a condition of the heart a person builds. They do not serve God for the reward of life...they do it because their heart commands it of them. Any one can build their heart to be for, or against God.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I agree. I believe Christians should do more to feed the hungry and take care of the sick.

And less of the silly nonsense of telling everyone off because they're upset people don't do it their way.
I think that is a bit of a stereotype. Again, Christians are those that emulate Christ. He is only one way and not the 20000 different ways that "Christianity" represents itself.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:30 PM

Php 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

People don't realize that FRUITS here are the works of Jesus Christ. We are told to be FILLED them.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:42 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,130 times
Quote:
I think you reading more into that. There is no such thing as a Christian that doesn't emulate Christ. Claiming to be a Christian and being a Christian are not always congruent. Doing the works of Christ makes one a real Christian.
Yes, doing the works of God makes a child of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity